Zion I has reaffirmed my faith in hip-hop

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Just downloaded the Takeover and heard the first three songs. They picked Brother Ali and Devin the Dude for the features. Smart fellas.

Get it.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
they are one of the groups that made me lose my faith in hip hop. they went from conscious rap to hyphy music in a matter of months

Apr 25, 2002
they are one of the groups that made me lose my faith in hip hop. they went from conscious rap to hyphy music in a matter of months
the new album sounds nothin like "hyphy"...if you are familiar with amp live's production goin back to the 90's, he always used alot of break beats, so if you're talkin bout that fast tempo shit he hasn't changed nothin, he been lacing em like that before "hyphy". if you talkin bout them networkin with other bay "hyphy" cats i think it was a good business move on there part because before that most people on here and in there own town/area didn't even know who they were or even existed. i know for a fact more than half the people on the sicc never heard of them before "the bay".

Dec 4, 2004
they did a few "hyphy" songs here and their but listen to their entire catalog of albums and nothing comes near sounding like hyphy.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
they did a few "hyphy" songs here and their but listen to their entire catalog of albums and nothing comes near sounding like hyphy.
i know,thats why i was dissapointed when they did. i was a huge fan of theirs. mind over matter is one of the best hip hop albums of all time. each album since then has got progressively worse in my opinion. i can bump mind over matter and deep water slang all the way through. their last couple albums have had 2 or 3 good songs at best.

Jan 1, 2006
This album has been getting a lot of mixed reviews. I know the beats lately can be associated with that hyphy type of melody but lyrics in general, shits way over the top for most people to comprehend.

Take time to really listen to the track, surprisingly a lot of their music has a spiritual undertone which most tend to overlook.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Jake you didn't like True & Livin ?
it was cool. birds eye view,stranger in my home and a couple others were good. it was just inconsistant to me. thats the best way to describe all their newer albums,for every track i love there is one i hate. not much in between

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Take time to really listen to the track, surprisingly a lot of their music has a spiritual undertone which most tend to overlook.
i honestly dont think that it is very hard to decipher in their music,but you're right,there might be people that do i guess.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
so far geek to the beat and DJ DJ made me throw up in my mouth a little. EXACTLY the kind tracks that have turned me off to them...hopefully this album gets better

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
im sorry but this album is garbage. antenna and maybe caged bird part 1 are the only songs i would even think about listening to again. the rest of the tracks are horrible

the digression continues...i just got done saying their albums have gradually been getting worse and this just proves my theory more because this is their worst album to date. maybe there is a new breed of zion fans that find this to be good but its just not for me.

some good came of this album though. it made me break out mind over matter and deep water slang with a whole new appreciation. the other thing is it can only get better from here,my expectations are so low for them now,their next album could be average and i would think its classic.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I love this album up until the last few tracks. Juicy and whatever comes after that are some garbage hyphy sounding songs...but it starts off hard.