Yukmouth interview drop your questions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I could swear that when the Raiders went to the Super Bowl in 2002, one of the Bay Area radio stations (106.1, 102.5 or 94.9) played a Super Bowl remix of "Oakland Raiders" that named different players in the song and even had a different outro from Mark Curry (I vaguely recall him saying something about Jon Gruden looking like Chucky.) I've never been able to find the song. Hell, I've never even been able to find anyone that heard the song. That being said, my questions are as follows:

1. Does a 2002 Playoffs/Super Bowl remix of "Oakland Raiders" exist, and if so, where can I hear it?

2. Was the term "beef" lost in translation in the song "Still Alive" by Eko Fresh? Because once you say for the first time at about 0:30 seconds in, they start showing hamburgers.

3. Was the "Formally" on the 1994 EP a typo that should have said "Formerly", or was "Formally" correct?

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I could swear that when the Raiders went to the Super Bowl in 2002, one of the Bay Area radio stations (106.1, 102.5 or 94.9) played a Super Bowl remix of "Oakland Raiders" that named different players in the song and even had a different outro from Mark Curry (I vaguely recall him saying something about Jon Gruden looking like Chucky.) I've never been able to find the song. Hell, I've never even been able to find anyone that heard the song. That being said, my questions are as follows:

1. Does a 2002 Playoffs/Super Bowl remix of "Oakland Raiders" exist, and if so, where can I hear it?

2. Was the term "beef" lost in translation in the song "Still Alive" by Eko Fresh? Because once you say for the first time at about 0:30 seconds in, they start showing hamburgers.

Eko Fresh feat. Yukmouth - Still Alive [Videopremiere] - YouTube

3. Was the "Formally" on the 1994 EP a typo that should have said "Formerly", or was "Formally" correct?
You can tell G-dubb been wanting answers for a long time lol

Apr 25, 2002
No it wasn't. Albums beats weren't up to par. I had always liked Mad Maxx flow but Lil Ke was hit/miss. I don't know the behind the scenes scenario but I do know that YUK PHATS LQ MAD MAXX GONZOE TECHN9NE LIL KE & DURACEL (I might've forgotten someone) was one top notch clique. The tracks they made together always were savage

Aug 7, 2012
@coopdvill Ask if that's Keyshia Cole on the chorus of this song sounds like her big time I remember when I was at Rasputins San Lo and met them . They were dropping off the album with their manager, I grabbed it before it was even on the shelf.
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ4Eyu44dNg[/ame]

Aug 7, 2012
No it wasn't. Albums beats weren't up to par. I had always liked Mad Maxx flow but Lil Ke was hit/miss. I don't know the behind the scenes scenario but I do know that YUK PHATS LQ MAD MAXX GONZOE TECHN9NE LIL KE & DURACEL (I might've forgotten someone) was one top notch clique. The tracks they made together always were savage
Totally disagree more hits then misses this shit dope for a first album. Some of the mixing might've been a lil off par, but as far as lyrical and what's in the streets with all the right features Bay classic hands down .. Go back and do the homework on this album . we we're raised it the time of the struggle, and that albums one of the soundtracks of Oakland streets , , like Black Dynasty, Bad Influence, Cydal, 3times,DTL, Luniz,APG, THe MOBB The Delinquents ... I go on and on
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a1C0IsF0_zQ[/ame]

Last edited: