Yukmouth:boss or not?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2005
I dunno if yall heard that Poppa LQ and Young Skrilla left SAL to go along with the long list of names that left...but yea wut do yall think of ol Yukmouth?

IMO he still spit heat one of the best to rep the bay dont get it twisted...but to me looks like the nigguh try to put too much on his table with not enough plates for niggaz ta eat cuz nigguhz wasnt set straight with the direction or even koo with the ol spider yuk incident or how yuk handled it...i think Yuk lost alot of respect..he has in my eyes..but now that doesnt mean shit...im just a muzik fan...

wut do yall think? or wut do people think in the industry?

nofx

Sicc OG
Apr 14, 2005
someone said this a while ago in a yuk related thread "sits back and waits for the thread to be 12 pages long"

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
He own his own company, niggas was on his dick in the first place to sign on, he got his chain back, and he's obvioulsy got bread..... does that "not" make him a Boss of something. Maybe not in the terms of others, but why does he have to live up to my standards... What's the criteria for being a boss nowadays?

Feb 10, 2005
he always yellin he's the boss and shit...but who he a boss of now? dru down young dru and monsta ganja?

i mean the regime was the at a high mark then the next day regime is like bullshit...its a movement yada yada yada whoompty whoomp wawk wawk yea yea...in the past 2 years he's gone from maybe one of the best possibly rap group to no group...i hope he squashes his problems with old members...and i hope his album comes sooner than later..cuz i think yuk is losing fans...just my opinion

and yea he did get his chain back...but he has sumone else do it for him...

Aug 20, 2005
well duke just surrounds himself wit temporary rydaz seem like every few months a regime artists leaves n a new one is recruited ain't too bossy if he doin bad buisness, but then again yuk is a beast on da mic, he jus need to stick wit doin him the past few yeaz he been goin down the wrong route my opinion

Aug 16, 2002
I think its bad Buissness for them not to fucc wit Yuk! Look how all the other regime cats bounced! Lil Ki, Mad Maxx, Phatts BOssi, Gonzoe! none of them dropped anything except for Mad Maxx, the rest of em fell off wit out Yuk....been waitin on a phatts boss solo, heard lil ki got a mixtape out but cant find it, gonzoe is supposed to drop 2 albums a solo & one wit ap9 & that Max Julien was average at best.they were at there best wit Yuk! so now we see if LQ & Skrilla can do somethin with out him

Feb 10, 2005
CARLOS ROSSI said:
I think its bad Buissness for them not to fucc wit Yuk! Look how all the other regime cats bounced! Lil Ki, Mad Maxx, Phatts BOssi, Gonzoe! none of them dropped anything except for Mad Maxx, the rest of em fell off wit out Yuk....been waitin on a phatts boss solo, heard lil ki got a mixtape out but cant find it, gonzoe is supposed to drop 2 albums a solo & one wit ap9 & that Max Julien was average at best.they were at there best wit Yuk! so now we see if LQ & Skrilla can do somethin with out him
true shit...i think gonzoe has the best potential to shine thou...word is kausion just reunited...i think skrilla would blow..but i dont like his style personaly..we will see wut they can do with out Yuk
i just think Yuk looks bad with all his latest fallings...he should focus on himself first...regime a click back in the bay(druw down young dru???)..bring shit back home...he still got love in the town right?

Oct 20, 2005
He's a boss just not a boss that can substaine an entire roster of artists he tryin to walk before he crawles SAL hasn't really did shit outside of shit With him on the Front cover

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
Gonzoe had the help of Cube, Pac, Outlawz, and Yukmouth.... and it hasn't help his career super much. If he dropped an album tommorow, I don't know if he could do it all by himself. Them other kats is feeding off of Yuks shine. Young Dru, Dru Down, Tech-9, all have seperate fan bases and track records that Yuk isn't a real factor to their sucess. If Smoke-A-Lot was more Nor Cal based, it could be a plus... but at the same time he could also get pulled back down to the Bay by those with the "crab in a barrell" mentality. Focus is the key to his sucess, and he's devoting to much attention to a dead end cause. "Death to G-Unit" just means that they stay on his mind. When 50 goes to sleep, and wakes up I highly doubt that Yukmouth even crosses his mind. Like 50 said..."Who... he doesn't even have a video, I just came from Sri Lanka... do you think anybody knows who he is there?"

May 10, 2002
50 actually commented on Yuk, im surprised, to be honest riding on Game and 50 got Yuk more popular, thats why his first mixtape sold over 100,000. Dont know how much the second one sold. The whole reason hes riding on G-Unit is to get his name out there to the folks that aint never heard of him before. Yuk has primary just focused on himself hes released 2 Regime mixtapes whoopty doo, he knows what hes doing, hes put out more releases then any other West Coast rapper in the past 3 or so years damn near, i can see why he pushed his million dollar mouthpiece album back, hes tryen to get a stronger buzz first.

Oct 22, 2004
cant wait for that million dollar mixtape hope it drops 11/29 ...... and to me he is a boss cause he indy and plus he a real hustler .... shit imma boss cause im out here doin it.... so yuk definetly a BOSS

Oct 13, 2004
Yuk's a bosss,Can't wait for his new one mayne. but if Poppa Lq really shook thats all bad cause he was down from the begining,the ol' regime days wit Lil keke and mad maxx

TLT

Sicc OG
Oct 6, 2005
IMO he's a boss
1. he always spits fire!
2. if you had enough of the disses or not the mixtape's were bangin
3. Even before the disses he was well known around the world for good music
4. he make classic cd's
5. even after years of rap songs named as classic's.. i got 5 on it is a song that will be bangin for ever.(still loved all over the world especialy AMSTERDAM!!)
6. Plus he still get that paper http://www.smokealotrecords.com/pictures/yukimage35.jpg

and for the people that don't know... gonzoe is back with the regime.

TLT

Sicc OG
Oct 6, 2005
only thing that's fucked up is that he still didn't do shit about spider loc...i don't know maybe he's hard to get or something.......but it's all about the music right?!