YUK GETS 3 / 5 MICS IN NEW SOURCE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 19, 2006
^^not me im thru wastin money on these fags & i also thought he made himself look like a fool throughout this cd. its comical 2 rap bout makin it rain & how much ice u got when u sell 3000 records. also he cant call any1 a hater cuz he been 1 o the biggest haters in rap. songs dope tho. he also says make it rain like a hurricane in 2 songs & does a bunch of gay famous rapper name drops, like im dope like wayne & ballin like jim jones. what a fag.
i agree.. yuk fell off big time, how u gonna sell 3000 units is that wood or cardboard

Feb 12, 2003
I finally just got this, my favorite song is hate me and he contradicts himself so damn much in it. I agree with you rossibreath he makes himself sound like a fool, yet his lyrics and the whole song are sicc. Yuk is one of my favorite rappers but his shit aint what it used to be, still some knocks though.

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
Good to see Yukmouth get the review in the Source. You usually have to have your cd into them 60-90 Days before your release date to be reviewed, and I am sure that Rap-A-Lot did not service the publications with the project.

The album is not a bad album considering. I mean the album was not the album that Yukmouth turned in. The O.G. had way more features and more established producers. The album that hit the stores was a product of the Rap-A-Lot powers that be. It was Yukmouths last album at the label and the "Business Staff" was trying to not have to give Yukmouth a huge payday from his final project.

The album was recorded in his own Los Angeles home studio, so they couldn't recoup his recording costs at an inflated cost, so they mixed and mastered it low budget to prove a point to him. They cut the huge features and big named producers so that they wouldn't have to share the publishing and cash out bonus money when the record reaches certain numbers via Soundscan. I mean look at what they did with the back cover with not listing the artist features on most of the songs. And hasn't anyone noticed that the P&C'd it as 2007 of which makes it look dated out the gates? It is 2008!

The thing with J. Prince is he doesn't care. He is the type that took nothing and made and empire. He teaches his artists that same formula and expects them to run with it. He expects them to grind their projects on their own. He is more like a "TEACHER". He is like I put the project out, now you go book your own Promotional Tour, Radio Interviews, Do the College Circuit, Buy your own ads in the publications that you want, and book your Videos on the Outlets of your choice. I will get the units shipped and ship the "1st" radio single. He wants his artists to do it themselves like he did. He expects them to stand on their own. RAP-A-LOT IS NOT THE TYPE OF LABEL FOR EVERY ARTIST. It takes a certain type of artist to survive there.

Yukmouth needs to dig into his pockets and service Radio Stations, Shoot some quality but low budget videos and service them (his publicist needs to be working over-time). Press some more Samplers,Posters, Flyers and Stickers on his own dime.He may even have to swallow a little pride and do the COLLEGE circuit. With those things done his sales will increase by huge amounts. The songs are there no matter what anyone says. "Hey Boy", "Playboi", "Corner Store" and "Can't Sell Dope 4 Eva" with the right editing can become National and International Radio Successes. He needs to hit the underground really hard with "Wake The Game Up". Crooked I is so respected as a Emcee that he could earn a new fanbase with the song if worked correctly.

Congratulation on the review Yukmouth! To the people in his camp that are his "BUSINESS" people. Step your game up!