Youtube Blockage

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
I know we've already been over this, but this is ridiculous. I own the Mixed Plate and I don't like it anymore than many of you on here. Anyway, somebody was talking about producers on the album and I went to listen to a couple of the tracks on Youtube to see what they were talking about and every fucking video related to GMP has been yanked by Strange. I understand their reasons, but please tell me why they didn't yank down all the tracks on there when the album leaked a couple weeks before the album dropped. I could listen to the album all I wanted. From what I hear, that wasn't an intentional leak from Strange...I understand that they want sales now that the album is out, whereas it hadn't released yet when it was leaked...but pre-orders were available while this album was leaked onto youtube.

Gofer

Sicc OG
Sep 19, 2008
www.youtube.com
I think they are hurting themselves more by blocking them, people are going to find a way to download an album if they want, youtube is more of a free advertisement than anything else.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Travis has already stated that it isn't him or Strange making these copyright claims, and rather Universal making the claims for them due to some deal Universal signed with Youtube.

Nov 14, 2002
Travis has already stated that it isn't him or Strange making these copyright claims, and rather Universal making the claims for them due to some deal Universal signed with Youtube.
I believe he stated also that it had to do with some type of software they use to flag copyrighted material. I was trying to explain that to someone a ways back in an unrelated issue, but didn't have any clue what I was talking about, as far as specifics on how that would work. Is there anything to read regarding this software that anyone knows of?

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Actually, Zero, I believe it was rmiller that was talking about the software they use. Trav just pointed the finger at the agreement between Universal and Youtube as the reason for all the flags as of late. Even record labels are getting flagged, as Ruthless has their Midwest Explosion video flagged in favor of the one on Vevo and I seem to recall one of the Tech videos (perhaps Like Yeah) being flagged on their channel as well.

EDIT: Red Nose, Bunk Rock Bitch and Like Yeah are all flagged on Strange's account for having UMG content.

Nov 14, 2003
not to mention everything Chamillionaire tried to put up lately being flagged. He is also signed to Universal. I remember seeing him complain about it on his Twitter

Dec 14, 2005
what nobody can be bothered to just download a fucking rip anymore? lazy fucks. you make people who download instead of buying look like loyal fans.

Oct 2, 2006
I believe he stated also that it had to do with some type of software they use to flag copyrighted material. I was trying to explain that to someone a ways back in an unrelated issue, but didn't have any clue what I was talking about, as far as specifics on how that would work. Is there anything to read regarding this software that anyone knows of?
I don't know the specifics of the software but I believe it is essentially the same software that cd replication/duplication companies use to scan albums to make sure that they don't contain samples or verses from artists that haven't been cleared. The companies don't have time to go through every song of every album that is sent to them so they use a software that scans the content of the album looking for similarities contained in their catalog of copyrighted music.

EDIT: someone was telling me a few weeks ago about a program on the new android phones that you can open up songs that contain copyrighted material in the form of samples and/or verses. If the program plays the song then it means it will bypass the software used by the replication/duplication companies.

Oct 2, 2006
Just found this on google:

Bypass Youtube Copyright Music Filter

First of all, it takes TIME for your audio to come back.
Sorry if your videos are getting blocked because of Video copyright claims, I don’t think there’s any*thing you can do about it. This only helps if the problem is your AUDIO (music specifically) on your videos.

Now onto how to actually get the audio back.
1) Go to “My Videos”.
2) Select “Resolve Copyright” on the video you are having copyright issues with. OR, go to the video itself and choose “resolve copyright” from there.
3) Scroll down and pick the option “I want to learn more about this dispute process”.
4) Scroll down and pick the option “Take me to the dispute form”.
5) Pick option #2 and PASTE the following statement into the text bar next to it;

“Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.”

6) Fill out the rest of the info on the page. Use your REAL name where it asks for it. Choose “Continue” when all information has been filled out.
7) Scroll down on the next page and select “Submit dispute”.

Within 2–3 minutes your video’s audio should be back!

Occasionally this will not work. This copyright covers 99% of copyrighted entertainment. Also, this will ONLY apply if you are not making any profit off your videos. If you intend to become a youtube partner, I would not suggest doing this.