Yo son...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
He's a 41 year old father of 3 who lives in Diamond Bar, California... it would be pretty weird if he was still trying to rap about some gangsta shit at this point in his life.

While I'm not personally feeling his reggae music at all, I do understand that people grow up & move on... and it makes sense that after more than 20 years in the rap game he's at a different stage of his life & making a different style of music to reflect that.

Though... from the video, it kind of seems like he's appropriating the Rasta culture & making it somewhat gimmicky which is problematic. But... if he really spent all this time with the Rastafarian people and made this deep connection/life changing experience, hey. If he wants to be Snoop Lion & make reggae music good for him I guess.

Nov 25, 2004
I can appreciate his positive side but yeah the whole reggae part like Emma said is gimmicky for sure. Almost like he is doing whatever it takes to stay in the spotlight.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
I'm glad you made this thread because I've been thinking this shit for a while. That Stoners EP was wack as fuck except for this track, which is the dopest Snoop track in years. I fucks with this heavy. Some c-walking shit

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
one of the wailers & some other people in the real rastafarian community think its some straight bullshit, rightfully so. snoop got one of the marley sons to cosign him, but as we see with the bob marley mellow drinks, some of them aint got no shame in cashing in on their culture/heritage.

i dont really care, snoop has been weak for a long time, i'll continue to not listen to his music regardless of what genre it is.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Him saying he was Bob Marley reincarted was wack as fuck. Hugely disrespectful. Snoop has his place as one of the illest rappers of all time plus huge album sales, but to jump in the reggae game so late is corny & he will never even be 5% as dope as Bob Marley was.