Yall need to get that BLEGIT album asap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 30, 2005
It ain't about being stuck in the past. I don't want to see bay rappers return to '96, I want to see them take the mob shit and evolve it. Southern beats won't help the bay blow up because the south's already there. There's enough rappers in the south with that sound, there's no need for people to come out the bay and do the same shit they're doing. That space is already taken. The bay needs to come and push their own sound to get recognition as a movement, else there's no point. Why would somebody who's not from the bay want to go and cop a bay album if it sounds like southern shit? He'll just go cop a southern album. It's plenty of those, they got plenty albums out in the stores. They don't need nobody else, their game is
already saturated.

It kills me to see that shit. I liked all of B-Legit's other albums, Hemp Museum's one of my all-time favorite, but I really can't bump most of this new shit. It's quality, he didn't rush some weak shit out, he sounds as good as ever, but it ain't my
shit.

Oct 1, 2005
Whats Up With All This Going Back To '96 Jit? You Only Have To Go Back 3 Years To Bela's Last Disc To See That He Was Still Bringing The Bay Sound, And That Was 2002 Not 1996. Also, I Dont Think The Savage Is Going To Go Away Immediately Now That This CD Had Been Released. He Can Go Back To That 'Mob' Shit Anytime He Wants And He Will. You All Seem To Want Bela To Blow Up But Youre Not Thinking About Ways That He Can Go About Doing That. One Of The Ways Is To Make A Disc That Might Catch The Ear Of People That Arent Up On The Yay's Sound Yet. If They Havent Caught Onto it Yet Then Why Would You Expect Legit To Make Another Bayish CD And All The Sudden Gain All These New Followers? There Will Probably Be Alot Of People In This Country, Especially Down South, That Will Hear Block Movement And Be Like "DAMN!, Whos This Nigga"? And Once Theyve Become Laced, They Will Probably Check Out His Older Shit Which Will Turn Them Onto The Bay Sound And That Leads To Them Peepin Out Other Rappers From The Bay And Maybe Even Implementing That Sound Into Their Own Southern Shit, Or East Coast Or Wherever it May Be. This Shit Isnt Magic. Dudes Just Dont Blow Up By Doing The Same Shit Over And Over Again. Look At 40, Hes About To Blow. 'IMO' If He Didnt Do Songs Like "Look At Me'", "Rep Yo City" "Automatic" And Another One I Cant Think Of Off The Top Of My Head Right Now, He Probably Wouldnt Be In The Position Hes In Right Now. You Blow Up By Getting Your Name Out There, By Getting On Other Rappers Discs (Fabolous, Petey Pablo, Lil Jon, etc.) I Dont Neccesarily Agree With It And I Really Dont Like To Hear Bay Rappers On Uncharacteristic Shit, But If You Wanna Do It Big, You Have To Do What It Really Takes To Get There.