ya boy vs locksmith

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 28, 2006
i would love to see this go down i believe they are some of the best lyricists out the bay right now. whats your opinions on this and who do u think would win?

Mar 4, 2006
Um i think Ya Boy needs to step his lyrical game up. I wouldn't even consider him a good lyricist he is an ok lyricist. I think Ya Boy has a strong delivery and sometimes his lyrics are good. But a lot of shit I hear from him sounds like it could have been wrote in 2 minutes. Except for Flyer than This and I Ain't Fucking for Free-I liked his lyrics on these two tracks.

Locksmith is good at battle rapping so i think he would easily win this battle. But I doubt Locksmith's battle raps are freestyles at all.

Mar 8, 2006
I think on some battle shit, Locksmith would ruin Ya Boy, but Ya Boy is a better artist. That's just my opinion. Lock's battle raps are definitely not freestyles. If you're familiar at all with the battle shit, you'll know that most'a that shit ain't frees. Its rehearsed with a couple'a lines thrown in for relevence.

Feb 28, 2006
yaboy could spit some nice shit but ive never seen him in a live battle. ive seen lock rip cats though live like on mtv battles.

some1 need to get a fightklub bayarea or someshit going on.

D

DaSlimReaper

Ya Boy ain't no damn lyricist. He's a limited ass punchline rapper, Locksmith would rip that nigga so fucking bad.

Jan 18, 2006
LOCKSMITH A BETTER FREESTYLER/LYRACIST EVEN THOUGH IT SEEMS HIS SHIT IS PREWRITTEN A LOT OF THE TIMES BUT YA BOY THE BETTER RAPPER.

Mar 22, 2006
ya boy is a battle rapper and for the people saying he has no diversity, he only dropped one album, thats all you have to go off of and some freestyles he put out on the net, believe me he has alot of real songs and stories on his new shit

May 22, 2006
battle? lock would take it... but sit down and write a better song? i think ya boy takes it. seems like lock runs out of ideas pretty quick and relies a lot on wordplay... who knows though!