Xbox 360: How long did the repair take?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 26, 2006
I've been having the red ring of death on my 360 for about 3 months now. I've been doing the "towel overheating" every 3-4 days. Now I just want to ship it to Texas for a free repair. How long were you without your xbox for repairs?

Dec 3, 2005
Almost a month. I shipped it in on the 4th of December and got it back on December 31st. The didnt repair my console they shipped me a whole new one for some reason. I'd only had my Elite less than a year and it got the red lights. They repaired it for free obviously and gave me measley one month free XBL card for my troubles.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Apparently if u did the towel thing, they'll figure it out and wont repair it. but i dont know, thats only if they figured out that u fucked with it, it'll void the warranty. but yeah my xbox took about 10 days for me to get back.

i think this thread should go in the "xbox 360 coffin support thread"

Aug 7, 2003
all three times it broke it took less then 3 full weeks to get it back. the day they send you the coffin, take that shit to the ups store and send it back. or i think now they just e-mail you a label and you take it with your broken xbox only (no wires, no hard drive, no accessories, no games in the disc tray) and ups puts it in a box that you gotta pay for but the shipping is free. the sooner you do it the better.

Jan 2, 2004
Apparently if u did the towel thing, they'll figure it out and wont repair it. but i dont know, thats only if they figured out that u fucked with it, it'll void the warranty. but yeah my xbox took about 10 days for me to get back.

i think this thread should go in the "xbox 360 coffin support thread"
I did the towel thing and sent it in. They sent me a new one. A friend of mine, opened his up and broke the seal and sent it in, and they sent him a new one.

I don't think they check much. But this was during the period where they just opened it up to three years, so I think they were getting a lot of them sent in, they may check them better now.