X-raided

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2005
Remember this from bac in 2000(i think)

I feel that we should have gotten 3 or 3 1/2 mics. If the writer of the review felt we deserved 3 1/2, the editors should have given us 3 1/2. The review says the lyrics were "tight" and "clear" (thanks to the Verbal Technician) and that I am a strong "lyricist" What they said about it about being all about "killing, money, and women"... These are the same people who gave Jay-Z 4 1/2 mics for "Hard Knock Life" which is all about "mo money, mo cash, mo hoes" Obviosly they have never listened to DMX, who is as violent as X Raided ever was. DMX got 4 mics for an album that has lyrics such as "if you got a daughter older than 15 I' ma rape her/take her right there in front of you" and "my dick is bloody cause I fucked a corpse" That's 4 mic material? These are the same people who gave Rass Kas 3 mics and Xibit 3 1/2 mics for their 1998 albums... These are the same people who gave Silk the Shocker and C Murder 4 mics each on their 1999 albums . These are the same people who gave Biggie 5 mics but didn't even bother to acknowledge 2 Pacs Makaveli album (which is an undeniable classic).

On the X Raided album there are Gangsta tracks, songs about women, battle raps, and political tracks. It is not and never intended to be a commercial album (which is what the source expects everyone to create) This is a street album, created by a WEST coast street cat. Aint no baggy jeans, backpacks, Queensbridge accents, puff daddy remix, Jay-Z cameo or 212 area code. That alone cost me a mic and a half. So, basically the source aint feeling me and I aint feeling them. The Roots got 4 mics for an album that should have got 5 and Juvenile got 4 for an album that should have got 3. There is now way Juvenile and The Roots could be considered equals! But, unless you spend a million dollars in advertising in the Source they will screw your review. Ask Master P. No Limit spends millions yearly in the Source, and as a result no artist on No Limit has ever been given less than 3 1/2 mics.

I declare war in 2000"
X Raided

Its still the same now. Damn thats fucked up

Sep 17, 2007
good read. shit can't be no realer than that, i suggest he should try to get a new review for his next album. since that cock sucker Benzino aint involved with the source no more.

May 30, 2006
Fuck the Source. I notice they review people in their mag 3-4 years after Murder Dog features them. I seen Master P in MD like hella years before the Source featured him. Same with Jeezy.

I stopped buying Source way back in 1998. Only west coast album to receive 5 mics was Amerikkas Most Wanted. Not In A Major Way, Chronic, Season Of The Siccness or Operation Stackola.

I remember hella years ago they gave Cam'Rons debut 3 1/2 mics(the cd with that wack ass horse & carraige song) & gave Devin The Dudes first CD 3 1/2 mics. I was like GTFOH! Those albums are nowhere in the same league. Cam desereved 2 mics & Devin 5.

May 30, 2006
The reason Source didn't reveiw the Machavelli album is because u got ti send the material in to the Source two months prior to the release date for it to be reviewed & Death Row didn't do that..

May 30, 2006
Murderdog iz all I ever fuck with. Source & XXL is full of shit. But MD's reviews be fucked up too. But it seems as though people only acknowledge the reviews that come from the Source for some reason. Like that Hip Hop Bible shit is some shit they really got the public beleiving.

I rememeber they gave Eazy-E Its On ep a bad review & I read somewhere where they gave SOTS like 2 1/2 mics.

Bottom line is that a classic album is timeless & there's no way u can determine weather an album is a classic when it first drops. U don't know ur listening to a classic the first time u hear it. I don't care how much it blows u away.

Proof of this is how hella years later both Source & XXL both had isues where they re-did the ratings on past albums where the orginal ratings for theose albums were rated unfairly. Even they know u can't judge weather a albums a classic right out the gate.

And X is correct on cats getting decent reviews cuz the label spends hella money on advertising.

I was gonna do some writing for a local mag & the dude in charge said he couldn't use one of my reviews cuz the artist I was reviewing paid the light bill around there & I wasn't speaking highly on the product. A bunch of ass kissing. Just a bunch of politics in this shit.

jr916

Sicc OG
Jun 3, 2006
Fuck the Source. I notice they review people in their mag 3-4 years after Murder Dog features them. I seen Master P in MD like hella years before the Source featured him. Same with Jeezy.

I stopped buying Source way back in 1998. Only west coast album to receive 5 mics was Amerikkas Most Wanted. Not In A Major Way, Chronic, Season Of The Siccness or Operation Stackola.

I remember hella years ago they gave Cam'Rons debut 3 1/2 mics(the cd with that wack ass horse & carraige song) & gave Devin The Dudes first CD 3 1/2 mics. I was like GTFOH! Those albums are nowhere in the same league. Cam desereved 2 mics & Devin 5.
i must admit sumtimes ill bump cams first shit.............nice sunny day, bbq.n and drinkin, ill bump horse and carrriage or 357........not that im proud of it or anything, wow im glad i finally admitted that....haha

Jul 2, 2008
myspace.com
well X is still fuccin with the source and this is from a blog on his myspace:

Friday, June 08, 2007

LOOK HERE:

Ignition is in the June issue of The Source magazine, w/ a favorable review. The It's another step towards positioning Bloc Star as a force to be reckoned. Props go out to The Source for the good look. Here's to making the cover in '08!

Jul 2, 2008
myspace.com
he is in the works of filing the legal procedures to be released ever since his lawyers found out that the real killer in his case had signed a confession....he said he needs about 200 raccs though to get it all done.....thats why he re released his old albums on them X Files volumes through his label cuz the old Blacc Market ones dont make him money....

May 30, 2006
Murder Dog does the same shit also. I've seen them rate garbage albums very high.... only because they had paid adds in the mag.
Yeah I mentioned MD in my other post. They use to give some fucked up reviews. They use 2 give ALL of No Limit shit back in the days good reviews. They give out way too many classic. Some of the albums they called classics I own till this day & I don't even consider them classics.

Jan 30, 2007
he is in the works of filing the legal procedures to be released ever since his lawyers found out that the real killer in his case had signed a confession....he said he needs about 200 raccs though to get it all done.....thats why he re released his old albums on them X Files volumes through his label cuz the old Blacc Market ones dont make him money....

Thats fucked up hes gotta pay that much to clear his name and get out when dude wrote a confession....good old judicial system all about their bread!