WWE website claims Daniel Bryan has been released

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2002
The WWE website reports that Daniel Bryan has been released from his contract. "We wish Daniel Bryan the best in all future endeavors," reads the post, which you can read at WWE.com.

I'm highly skeptical of this one given the current NXT invasion storyline. That said, if it is a work, it's an odd one given that the NXT rookies supposedly don't have contracts.

Jun 9, 2007
from lordsofpain.net --

- Word has been sent out within WWE that the release of Daniel Bryan is legit.

Higher-ups, including execs Donna Goldsmith and Michelle Wilson, in the company were informed of his departure before the news item was posted on WWE's website tonight.

It's still possible that this is all a part of WWE "going out of the norm" and it's a big storyline but it's hard to believe that they would work the storyline on higher-ups in the company.

Jul 25, 2002
considering that Danielson spit in Cena's face and was shouting dramatically at Cena it seems like too much considering the fact that Wade Barrett is the one who is supposed to be going after Cena soon on PPV. What Danielson did seemed too much, too heated, and too personal considering Danielson didn't win NXT and wasn't going to be getting a match with Cena on PPV. It would've made more sense to have Wade Barrett spit in Cena's face and verbally accost him instead of Bryan doing it. I don't think management would be too keen on that at all. Again it really seems like Danielson just went too far and is now suffering the consequences.
I hate to say it and see it be true but I think it's legit.
If you rewatch the NXT invasion on Raw, Danielson spit in Cena's face which then got edited out the following night on the season 2 premiere of NXT when they replayed the footage, which makes me think they weren't happy about it.
Also, the announcer Justin Roberts was being legitimately choked pretty badly by Danielson at ringside during the invasion. I think if his release is legit, it's because he took it too far during the NXT invasion.
:eyecross:

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
damn . yea lol thats probably why , he did go 18 dummy out there , 5 deep hyph cannons out .. but i say that dragons part was part of what made that segment so great . wwe politics sucks , theres definitely gotta be a legit number 2 promotion that the sheltons , caritos , and american dragons can go .. besides fuckin tna .. i hope roh or tna get their shit together

american dragon would smaysh on cena tho

Dec 4, 2004
This is bullshit and hurts this whole NXT angle.

WHY DANIEL BRYAN WAS RELEASED
by Mike Johnson @ 2:59 AM on 6/12/2010

Former WWE star Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson, the name we'll have to get used to calling him by again) was released today as punishment for going beyond the company's PG standards and practices during the NXT invasion angle on Monday, according to sources within the company. The belief among those I spoke to is that when Danielson choked Justin Roberts with his tie, he broke a company protocol that was put in place after the Benoit tragedy that talents were not to use ropes or objects to choke opponents.

I am told that the final decision was made earlier today and Danielson was informed shortly before the company publicly announced it. For those who are thinking this is an angle, I am told by everyone I have spoken to that it is not, although I want to point out a number of wrestlers in the company do believe it is a work.

For those who are wondering why the company is giving Danielson such a harsh punishment, well a former company executive is running for office, although how much of a cause and effect is there is anyone's guess. It's certainly a viable theory, since the company has been very gun shy about going outside of their PG rating.

There's no word as to whether Danielson was aware of the protocol at the time of the angle, although the Roberts choking was one of the elements that made the end of Raw so memorable. It's interesting to note that at least on the company's Youtube.com channel, the incident, including the choke, are still available for viewing.

The loss of Danielson will immediately change the future of the WWE NXT angle since he was considered the most versatile and well rounded performer of the group and would have been extremely important in carry the brunt of the in-ring work load.

The release of Danielson does put him in an amazing position on the independent scene. How many top flight stars get signed, leave, and get released right after laying out the WWE champion?

We'll have more on this as it develops.

May 24, 2002
thats a shame if its true... I was thinking it was just some bullshit so he could come back under his real name but after reading about the choking part Im starting to believe it.

and Im sure that stiff kick to Cena didnt help him

well... maybe not all is lost

"Bryan is being described as a scapegoat. WWE does want to bring him back to the roster once the whole thing blows over.

Danielson was described as the type of person you would want your locker room filled with."

Oct 3, 2006
ithink it's a work...imo...remember on one of the websites they said wwe trying to be more of a reality type show...i sure as hell know that they don't want him ending up in tna so yeah hopefully it's a work....not his fault justinroberts jus did a good job selling the choke lmao, that look on his face was priceless

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
He had one o the best heel angles going out of all the nxt guys, WWE is lame for this. but one thing abut the invasion angle that threw me off is that more attention was drawn to Daniel Bryan instead of Wade Barrett who won NXT and is getting pushed into the world title picture.

Since the season of the first NXT is over it would be a good move to "fire" all of the season 1 guys for their actions and Barrett pull out some sort of trump card so he can still have his NXT goonies wreck shop for him

Side note I think is would be cool if they had an NXT comeback season where they brought back some old guys.

Nov 14, 2002
Wouldn't a seasoned cameraman, or a dude in the production truck/editing dept know to cut away from that shot if it were to go against the "PG" rating? Also, what about the hundred people that use a "CHOKEslam" as a finisher? That was one of the most talked about angles in years, you're going to tell me that a dude who was basically the main draw of NXT got fired?

If this shit is true.. It'll be pretty sad.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
but it was ok for Cena to finish off Orton at the main event of a ppv by applying an STF with handcuff chains to choke him out.