WWE Suspends Ten Workers...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 2, 2004
WrestlingObserver.com said:
Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE suspended ten performers today based on information that the company received from investigators in the Albany, NY district attorney’s office. While the names of the performers have yet to be released, it should be fairly obvious within the next week at least who some of them are.

Apparently the suspensions are based on information on superstars that were using Signature Pharmacy or another Internet prescription service prior to WWE’s implementation of the Wellness Policy. WWE has informed all talent that starting on November 1st the company will release the names of anyone suspended because of Wellness violations.
WWE.com said:
WWE® Statement On Performer Suspensions

STAMFORD, Conn., August 30, 2007 - Based on independent information received from investigators from the Albany County, NY D.A.’s office, WWE has today, under the penalty provisions of its wellness policy, issued suspension notices to 10 of its performers for violations. It has been WWE’s practice not to release the names of those who have been suspended, but notice has been sent to all WWE performers that names of anyone who is suspended under the Wellness Policy as of November 1 will be made public.
New York Daily News said:
WWE suspends 10 wrestlers for wellness policy violations

UPDATES with additional details (credit to NY Daily News for wrestlers names).

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) - World Wrestling Entertainment has suspended 10 of its most popular stars for violations of a policy that tests for steroids and other drugs after receiving information from New York prosecutors, the company said Thursday.

Stamford-based WWE says it issued suspension notices based on independent information from the Albany County New York District Attorney's Office, which has been investigating illegal steroid sales.

The New York Daily News Web site said Thursday that wrestlers Randy Orton, Charles Haas, Jr., Adam "Edge" Copeland, Robert "Booker T" Huffman, Shane Helms, Mike Bucci, Anthony Carelli, John "Johnny Nitro" Hennigan, Darren "William Regal" Matthews, Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson and Chavo Guerrero were suspended.

Neither the WWE nor the Albany County District Attorney's office would comment on the pro wrestlers' identities Thursday, aside from saying no criminal charges were filed.

Under the WWE wellness policy begun last year, which requires tests for steroids and other drugs, a wrestler faces a 30-day suspension without pay for a first violation, a 60-day suspension for a second violation and firing for a third violation. Performers are tested at least four times per year.

"We are very actively working to eradicate the use of steroids and performance enhancing drugs in the WWE," WWE spokesman Gary Davis said. "Today's action is part of that effort."

WWE officials met with New York prosecutors investigating illegal steroid sales earlier this month. Albany County District Attorney P. David Soares' office has said pro wrestler Chris Benoit, who killed his family before hanging himself in June, had been a client of Signature Pharmacy of Orlando, Fla. Investigators say Benoit had a steroid and other drugs in his system at the time.

The wrestlers suspended Thursday were also Signature clients, the Daily News reported.

Nine people, including three current or former physicians, have pleaded guilty, most affiliated with Internet and phone-order companies that filled orders for anabolic steroids and growth hormones through Signature and sent drugs to customers around the country, including Albany County. Signature's owners have pleaded not guilty.

The Benoit case prompted the House Oversight and GovernmentReform Committee to ask WWE to turn over any information it has on steroid and drug abuse in pro wrestling.

WWE said the company's practice has been to not release the names of suspended wrestlers, but the company has notified performers that starting Nov. 1 the names of those suspended for violating the policy will be made public.

WWE has about 160 wrestlers. WWE shares closed Thursday at $14.80, down 21 cents.
WrestleZone.com said:
In an article by T.J. Quinn of the New York Daily News, the newspaper received a list of wrestlers who were clients of Signature Pharmacy. The names listed were:

Randy Orton
Charlie Haas
Adam Copeland aka Edge
Robert Huffman aka King Booker
Shane Helms aka Gregory Helms
Mike Bucci aka Simon Dean
Anthony Carelli aka Santino Marella
John Hennigan aka John Morrison
Darren Matthews aka William Regal
Ken Anderson aka Mr. Kennedy
Chavo Guerrero

ESPN added three other names
Dave Bautista
Shoichi Funaki
Chris Mordetzky aka Chris Masters
Wow, those are some big names.. Orton, Booker, Morrison, Regal, Kennedy, Chavo, and Batista are all part of major storylines right now.

Orton is due for a world title rematch. Batista isn't. Booker did his thing with Trips. Regal is the GM or raw. Kennedy is McMahon's kid. Morrison is the ECW Champ. Chavo did the Rey feud.

Wow. I wonder if they'll all get suspended at the same time?

Nov 10, 2006
, good job posting all the sources

This is big news. Usually it's a few undercard to midcard guys, this is a decent chunk of their top tier players. Seeing as Smackdown is taped Tuesdays, we won't see the effects until next week, but geez that's a lot of suspensions.

Feb 8, 2003
Randy Orton
Charlie Haas
Adam Copeland aka Edge
Robert Huffman aka King Booker
Shane Helms aka Gregory Helms
Mike Bucci aka Simon Dean
Anthony Carelli aka Santino Marella
John Hennigan aka John Morrison
Darren Matthews aka William Regal
Ken Anderson aka Mr. Kennedy
Chavo Guerrero
Dave Bautista
Shoichi Funaki
Chris Mordetzky aka Chris Masters

Its basically over for WWE now. They lsot all teh hard hitters. Taker, HBK needs to be back quickly. The ones I bolded are major factors they can fire all the others bc they not worth shit.

Looks like Edge, Orton, Rey, Masters may lose they jobs real soon bc this isnt they first times being in the news for illegal perscription drug use.

Damn John Morrison stepped his game up all teh way and was entertainning the hell out of me on ECW. I called him the reincarnated Shawn Micheals

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) -- World Wrestling Entertainment has suspended 10 of its wrestlers for violations of a policy that tests for steroids and other drugs, the company said Thursday.

Stamford-based WWE says it issued suspension notices based on independent information from the prosecutor's office in Albany County, N.Y., which has been investigating illegal steroid sales.

Neither the WWE nor the Albany County district attorney's office would comment on the suspended wrestlers' identities Thursday. No criminal charges were filed, they said.

Under a WWE wellness policy instituted last year that requires tests for steroids and other drugs, a wrestler faces a 30-day suspension without pay for a first violation, a 60-day suspension for a second violation and firing for a third violation. Performers are tested at least four times per year.

"We are very actively working to eradicate the use of steroids and performance enhancing drugs in the WWE," WWE spokesman Gary Davis said. "Today's action is part of that effort."

WWE officials met this month with New York prosecutors investigating illegal steroid sales. Albany County prosecutor P. David Soares' office has said that pro wrestler Chris Benoit, who killed his family before hanging himself in June, and other WWE wrestlers had been clients of Signature Pharmacy of Orlando, Fla. Investigators say Benoit had a steroid and other drugs in his system at the time.

When Soares' office began investigating the illegal sale and distribution of controlled substances, he said, his office sought the help of WWE after a number of its wrestlers appeared on customer lists of clinics connected with Signature Pharmacy.

Nine people, including three current or former physicians, have pleaded guilty, most affiliated with Internet and phone-order companies that filled orders for anabolic steroids and growth hormones through Signature and sent drugs to customers around the country, including Albany County.

Signature's owners have pleaded not guilty.

The Benoit case prompted the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee to ask WWE to turn over any information it has on steroid and drug abuse in pro wrestling. The committee has not yet scheduled a hearing on the case.

WWE said the company's practice has been to not release the names of suspended wrestlers, but the company has notified performers that starting Nov. 1 the names of those suspended for violating the policy will be made public.

WWE has about 160 wrestlers. WWE shares closed Thursday at $14.80, down 21 cents

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
man all 3 shows are gonna suck without those guys, they got top players on every show.

May 4, 2002
Just cause they're suspended doesn't mean that they won't be performing still. Remember that their "suspension" of Randy Orton months back, meant that he was still appearing on TV but wasn't being paid. We'll see after this weekend how this all works out.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
I highly doubt it, with the pressure being put on by the media & Congress, I look for them to push these suspensions HARD.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
it sucks, i wonder how cena slipped through the cracks. you know that vince wouldnt make an example of his cash cow even if he popped for juice

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
jayda650 said:
it sucks, i wonder how cena slipped through the cracks. you know that vince wouldnt make an example of his cash cow even if he popped for juice
Life sucks, doesn't it?

Sometimes that guy that runs faster, benches more, makes more, has a nicer car, etc......actually earned all of that shit, while you sit around smoking weed, working a shit job and being a loser.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I think these guys are just fall guys for the big picture. I bet if they swept the whole roster id bet 90% of them would pop for roids. Comon now you don't think Bobby Lashley is juicin? Cena? lol comon now dont be niave. It doesnt mean these guys arent great atheletes but you just dont look like that unless you are juicin big time. Wrestlers are on the road too much to spend the time in the gym to remotley look like they do. Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Austin etc were all Vinces t-shirt selling machines and they were all on the juice in their prime. Only reason why the warrior got popped for roids is cuz Vince was sick of his shit

IMO i dont think its even an issue anyways this is wrestling not the NFL. I bet most the actors in hollywood juice up when they have to play an action role. its the same shit really

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
I read somewhere that stated some of these suspensions aren't for Steroids, but rather Pain Killers and shit. *shrugs*

BTW -- Simon Dean has been fired because of this.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
jayda650 said:
I think these guys are just fall guys for the big picture. I bet if they swept the whole roster id bet 90% of them would pop for roids. Comon now you don't think Bobby Lashley is juicin? Cena? lol comon now dont be niave. It doesnt mean these guys arent great atheletes but you just dont look like that unless you are juicin big time. Wrestlers are on the road too much to spend the time in the gym to remotley look like they do. Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Austin etc were all Vinces t-shirt selling machines and they were all on the juice in their prime. Only reason why the warrior got popped for roids is cuz Vince was sick of his shit
Let me find that quote......

""This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?" -- Lance Motherfucking Armstrong.

If you aren't in the gym or doing other cardiovascular/calisthenic activity 3-4+ hours a day--and have been doing so for the past 5 to 10+ YEARS....not months....YEARS--then don't even start with the mouth-talking. It's better to be naive than be a hypocrite.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
What the hell is your problem harold? I dont know why you are coming at me sideways like that. You must be one hell of a cena fan to take my comment to heart like that and try taking personal shots. I ignored your little passive aggressive shot at me from before but you dont know a thing about me so keep your comments to yourself. I'll leave it at that, dont to talk to me like that again.