WTF clogged vein???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 1, 2002
So I wake up this morning and I felt a strain in my left hand. I thought I may of slept on it and that's why there was a discomfort. I barely notice the strain, causes slight pain throughout the day. I come home from school and take a nap and when I woke up I noticed that shit was still there, slight pain in the left hand. So I carefully examine my left hand to see wtf is wrong with it, I don't see shit I dont remember punching anything. So I take a closer look and I notice one of my large veins/artery is enlarged and I push on it and I know it's clogged. Like it isn't transferring any blood to my fingers and the blood is overflowing or some shit. I start to freak out a bit so I rub my hands and it's no longer clogged anymore. A couple minutes later it came back and I rubbed it all over again and went away. But the slight pain is still there, not slight enough for me to not notice. Anyone know wtf it is? Can't go to the doctor because I don't have med insurance. I'm googling it but hopefully someone who has experienced this can lemme know the get down. Oh and by the way I've been sick for the past 5 or so days and this just happened today. I also remember when smurf said something about a black dot from a spider bite is serious. I noticed a bump with a black dot on my back a couple days ago. Don't think that's causing my enlarged vein though, just thought I throw it out there maybe there's a connection.

Apr 25, 2002
Possibly a blood clot. I would go get it checked out homie. If it's a clot you can end up having major problems if it's a clot that get's thrown to your lungs/heart/brain........

Apr 25, 2002
Take some ibuprofen or aspirin, and put a warm compress on it and see if it feels better. I would definitely get it checked though........

Apr 1, 2002
Cranky said:
Possibly a blood clot. I would go get it checked out homie. If it's a clot you can end up having major problems if it's a clot that get's thrown to your lungs/heart/brain........
Damn, that don't sound too good. It's gonna be costly to visit a doctor, I hate visiting doctors and usually avoid them as much as possible. I'll wait til tomorrow to see if the pain is still there. Any other results other than a blood clot?

Apr 25, 2002
i was gonna say a blood clot as well, you dont want to ignore that shit, could be fatal, be on the safe side and have it checked for sure

Apr 1, 2002
I'm too young to have some blood clot kill me. I took Cranky's advice and applied some heat, then I kept my arm/hand elevated and it seems if I keep it elevated above my shoulders my blood circulation through my hand is fine. Haven't felt any pain since the heat application.

Nov 1, 2004
Cocaine helps with pain..... so ive heard lol

dont die now homie, if u got some kind of weird internal pain, goto the fuckin doctor.. or find u a cheap ass clinic, i know they had one in the town i lived in, only cost me 20 bucks... which i think i still owe haha
basically find a clinic for poor people with no insureance..

Jul 1, 2005
I HAVE REALLY GOOD ADVICE.........GET SOME DAMN HEALTH INSURENCE AND GET IT CHECKED OUT. GO 2 THE DOCS. U MIGHT NEED 2 GET SURGERY 4 THAT TYPE OF THING IT MAY B SMALL BUT IF U WAIT A WHILE THEY MIGHT HAVE 2 CUT UR ARM OFF AND DO A AMPUTATION OR SOMETHIN LIKE THAT SO DONT WAIT.

Apr 25, 2002
Actually if it's a clot you'll need to be put on low molecular weight heparin, and started on warfarin (Coumadin) to prevent further clotting. If there is swelling and pain involved with tingling I wouldn't fuck around with it man.......

Apr 25, 2002
yea, i wouldnt let that shit slide, im on coumadin (warafin generic version) for the rest of my life, to prevent clots. i wouldnt fuck around and let it just go. its obvisouly not normal, so get it checked out. i would rather pay a hundred or two to get it checked than have serious issues. just lookin out for you bro.

Apr 1, 2002
Thanks y'all I appreciate it. A lil update, the pain went away and I don't see my viens enlarged anymore. I haven't been exercising since August when I moved outta my town. I lost 30 pounds in 2 months when I lived back at home and gain 10 pounds of fat again recently. I have NOT been eating healthy, matter of fact my lady in the kitchen ret now cookin up bacon, sausage and eggs. Also I been drinking skim milk to grow some bulk, I've been drinking 2 gallons/week. Guess I gotta slow down a bit. For real though, good lookin out y'all.

Nov 1, 2005
Varicose veins are twisted, enlarged veins near the surface of the skin. They most commonly develop in the legs and ankles.

See an illustration of varicose veins.

What causes varicose veins?

Varicose veins develop when you have faulty valves in your veins and weakened vein walls. Normally, the one-way valves in these veins keep the blood flowing efficiently against gravity up toward the heart. When these valves do not function properly, blood pools, pressure builds up, and the veins become weakened, enlarged, and twisted. This is called venous insufficiency.

Some people may be more likely than others to develop varicose veins because of inherited characteristics (genetics), the aging process, or hormone changes. Varicose veins may also result from conditions that increase pressure on the leg veins, such as being overweight or pregnant or having an occupation that requires standing for long periods of time.

What are the symptoms?

People with varicose veins often do not have symptoms but may be concerned about the appearance of the veins. Varicose veins are visible through the skin and appear dark blue, swollen, and twisted. If you have varicose veins, your legs may feel heavy, tired, achy, and painful. Symptoms may worsen after standing or sitting for long periods of time. Varicose veins can also cause skin color changes (stasis pigmentation), dry, thinned skin, skin inflammation, open sores (ulcerations), or bleeding after a minor injury.
they are also known as collapsed veins.when the vein collapses,blood cant flow and couses the swelling.....maybe thats what u got homie.