Wow, now I remember why I fell in love with rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2002
I originally made a thread on this in the general hip hop forum, but I feel as if a bigger audience should be exposed to this song, since not a lot of folks visit General Hip Hop forum.

Realest shit I've heard in the last 15 years or so. Crooked-I even shouts out Oscar Grant. Everyone's verses are full of substance, lyrics, wordplay, metaphors, multi's, you name it. The production is top notch. This is what rap should be!

Hope you guys feel this as much as I did.

Joell Ortiz - Move On [Remix] feat. Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9" & Crooked I VIDEO

May 7, 2002
THAT WAS RAW. THEY WAS SPITTIN BUT I HATE THAT KINDA RAP. SHIT IS BORING. GOTTA RESPECT THE FLOW THOUGH
Just curious, what about it did you think was boring?

I thought the production was really cool. And the content of the song, well they pretty much spoke on all there is wrong with today's media and rap music. Each of the verses contributed to the over all content of the song, from each of the rappers' own perspectives and life experiences.

May 7, 2002
Joell Ortiz is dope IMO...Joe's shit was weak! Royce came nice as always..crooked came tight too!
I've been sleeping on Joell Ortiz. I've never even heard of him before this song. I thought his verse was pretty good though.

And yea, Crook's verse was the hardest I thought. All though I thought Joe's was good too, as was everyone else's.

Feb 5, 2006
Just curious, what about it did you think was boring?

I thought the production was really cool. And the content of the song, well they pretty much spoke on all there is wrong with today's media and rap music. Each of the verses contributed to the over all content of the song, from each of the rappers' own perspectives and life experiences.

JUST HATE THE WHOLE "REAL HIP HOP" KINDA SHIT. DONT FUCK WITH MOS DEF, TALIB KWALI, NAS, ETC. I RESPECT THEY FLOW AND THEY CAN SPIT. JUST DONT LIKE THAT SHIT. NOT MY STYLE. BORING

May 7, 2002
JUST HATE THE WHOLE "REAL HIP HOP" KINDA SHIT. DONT FUCK WITH MOS DEF, TALIB KWALI, NAS, ETC. I RESPECT THEY FLOW AND THEY CAN SPIT. JUST DONT LIKE THAT SHIT. NOT MY STYLE. BORING
I hear ya. To me it has a lot to do with the production for the most part though. Nas and Crook, for example, are both "real hop hop" lyricists, yet they can flow over mob beats. Where as Mos Def and Kwali usually rap over "hip hop" beats, which I'm not a fan of.

Dec 4, 2006
Get these Joell Ortiz albums..

Who The Fuck Is Joell Ortiz? and The Brick Bodega Chronicles + The Brick Bodega Chronicles Bonus CD

you won't be disappointed..