Would Turf Talk be so dope if he didn't 2-track his voice?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
dope.st
I'm curious what you think, after hearing Ridah Music I've been re-listening to all his CD's today at the job and I started wondering how he'd come off without all that shouting out and doubling up the vocals on the ends of lines.

Y'all know what I'm talking about. It's the same kind of thing 40 been doing on many of his albums, especially on Element of Surprise and Charlie Hustle. I think it's a dope style, but it made me wonder how he would be without it.

He's got a sick voice, I'm just wondering whether he'd have made the same impact without that 2-track style on his recordings, in the way that someone like Keak or Dre's flow is just dope off top without any effects.

A lil question for y'all to ponder... don't get it twisted tho Turf Talk is the truth, I'm just seeing if you appreciate some of the work that goes into these styles to make em catchy.

Jul 16, 2005
Turf Talk's style is original and different from any other rapper. He spits, point blank period. I don't think not doubling his voice would make him any less appealing. His flow and delivery wouldn't change none. Every track that he guest appears on he's been shitting on fools.

Mar 14, 2006
TheWholeDamn said:
I'm curious what you think, after hearing Ridah Music I've been re-listening to all his CD's today at the job and I started wondering how he'd come off without all that shouting out and doubling up the vocals on the ends of lines.

Y'all know what I'm talking about. It's the same kind of thing 40 been doing on many of his albums, especially on Element of Surprise and Charlie Hustle. I think it's a dope style, but it made me wonder how he would be without it.

He's got a sick voice, I'm just wondering whether he'd have made the same impact without that 2-track style on his recordings, in the way that someone like Keak or Dre's flow is just dope off top without any effects.

A lil question for y'all to ponder... don't get it twisted tho Turf Talk is the truth, I'm just seeing if you appreciate some of the work that goes into these styles to make em catchy.
I hope the Dre yer talkin bout isnt the Mac, because he was the king of doubling up his voice, and doing shit like that! I have wonderewd the same shit about him sometimes. Listen to shit carefully and at the end of every bar, hes in the background repeating the last word he said. Turf's hard though it just adds to the overall feel.

May 9, 2002
Hylite said:
SHYT< I DOUBLE TRACK MY VOCALS ALL THE TIME

2 tracks for vocals
1 for adlip

3 tracks total yeeeeeee
Mac Mall did it...Killay Tay did it...AP9 does it...Ray Luv did it...Mac Dre USED to do it back before all the Thizz shit....

Big deal?What does havin dope lyrics have to do with having 2 vocal tracks???

Feb 24, 2006
www.myspace.com
Mac Dre had some of tha most tracks i can think of...listen to his shyt closely an hear how many differant ways he says one line under the origanal 1// i dont think it matters, its jus preferance to u, if u wanna do a lot wit it, or jus come straiht forward...i typically use 2 vocals, an an adlib so 3, but ive used more before....if you dont at least use 2 its gonna sound dry an empty nomatter wat effects u use...u need ur shyt to sound full

Dec 1, 2005
everboby put 3-5 trtacks per verse dudes talking about the effect turf puts on his voice i think he would sound dumb without it if sounded tight without it he wouldent use its common sence