Worldwide Choppers to be ONLY Tech, Busta, Yela, Twista?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

poet

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
well then help me out, being that this is the strange forum.. but wasnt there a tech track recently where he talked about all the cats he worked with and he named eminem among them? that's what's led me to believe that they have met and could facilitate personal contact.

Sep 30, 2002
They really didn't work together back in 99'. The track "The Anthem" is a mix of "freestyles" that emcees dropped on Sway and Tech's radio show at various times.
Not true. It was a mix of emcees they picked that were on the show, that they thought had the most dope unique styles. They each wrote their verses and recorded them for the song, and then went to shoot the video.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
well then help me out, being that this is the strange forum.. but wasnt there a tech track recently where he talked about all the cats he worked with and he named eminem among them? that's what's led me to believe that they have met and could facilitate personal contact.

Yup, that would be "Keep On Keepin' On" off of "Absolute Power". It's definitely not recent, but it names Eminem, along with some other artists he respects. I'm not doubting he can "facilitate personal contact" with Em, either directly or indirectly, but they've never really worked together. I would call "The Anthem" a remix, and a damn good one at that. One of my favorite videos of all time.

poet

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
ahhh i listened to ap after i got kod and soaked that in for a few days. so the track on ap was recently listened to but was not a recently made track :D

and i agree that that vid is dope. i loved the twists of the differing styles, there was sooo much going on in that video.

Sep 30, 2002
Yup, that would be "Keep On Keepin' On" off of "Absolute Power". It's definitely not recent, but it names Eminem, along with some other artists he respects. I'm not doubting he can "facilitate personal contact" with Em, either directly or indirectly, but they've never really worked together. I would call "The Anthem" a remix, and a damn good one at that. One of my favorite videos of all time.

That song was definitely not a remix but rather recorded verses requested by Sway and King Tech. However here is a video of Tech saying that he met Em at the shoot for the video and that he talked to him on the phone a few years later. I believe it is at the 8:50 mark.

Sep 30, 2002
Cool, it wasn't a remix. I had it wrong. They still haven't worked together. It was two DJ's putting together their favorite artists on a track.
It happened just like every other song happens these days, the artists responsible for the song, sent the beat to the contributors and they recorded verses. Artists from different camps don't record in the studio together much anymore. There are exceptions but most songs are done this way. Point being that if Eminem would have done a song on this album that means he would have just wrote a verse to a beat that he received just like on the anthem.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
It happened just like every other song happens these days, the artists responsible for the song, sent the beat to the contributors and they recorded verses. Artists from different camps don't record in the studio together much anymore. There are exceptions but most songs are done this way. Point being that if Eminem would have done a song on this album that means he would have just wrote a verse to a beat that he received just like on the anthem.

Not gonna go back and forth with you anymore, but in the case or "The Anthem" I don't see it as all of the artists worked together on the track. I understand that two artists, or even groups work from different studios all the time, as I've done this myself. If you're unaware of what the other cats have contributed to the song, or even who's on it before completion then it's not the same.

Sep 30, 2002
Not gonna go back and forth with you anymore, but in the case or "The Anthem" I don't see it as all of the artists worked together on the track. I understand that two artists, or even groups work from different studios all the time, as I've done this myself. If you're unaware of what the other cats have contributed to the song, or even who's on it before completion then it's not the same.
I agree with you on that, and just so we don't go back and forth anymore, all of the artist knew who was on the song prior to recording it. In Tech's case most of the time he records his verse and the chorus before he sends it to all the artists so I agree with you that it was definitely a different case on that song. But who knows, when Em got the track Tech's verse may have already been on it or when Tech got it maybe Em's verse was already there, so I guess the argument that whether they worked together or not is ridiculous since neither of us know the complete details.