Woman Suing Apple for $1 Million Over IPhone Price Cut

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ty567

Sicc OG
Mar 26, 2006
From AOL.com

SAN JOSE, Calif. (Oct. 1) - A New York woman is so angry at Apple Inc. for lopping $200 off the price of the iPhone that she's filed a lawsuit seeking $1 million in damages.

Dongmei Li of Queens, N.Y., claimed the company violated price discrimination laws when it slashed the price of the 8-gigabyte iPhone by a third, from $599 to $399, within two months of the gadget's June debut.

Apple lowered the iPhone 's price on Sept. 5 and also said it would stop selling the $499 4-gigabyte model. Hundreds of early customers who paid full price didn't expect a reduction so soon and complained.

Apple issued an apology the next day. Under its return policy, Apple refunded the $200 difference for those who bought the phone within 14 days of the reduction. And in a move to make peace with those who purchased the higher-priced phone before that period, the company offered a $100 credit at Apple stores.

According to Li's lawsuit, filed on Sept. 24 in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, the price reduction injured early purchasers like herself because they cannot resell the product for the same profit as those who bought the cell phone following the price cut.

Li purchased a 4GB iPhone for $499 and alleged that owners of the 4GB model were given less favorable terms than those who bought the 8GB model at the premium price, according to the lawsuit.

Apple spokeswoman Susan Lundgren declined to comment, citing the company's policy to not discuss pending litigation.

The lawsuit also named AT&T Inc., the exclusive carrier in the U.S. for the iPhone , and alleged the two companies' required two-year service contract for the iPhone constituted unfair business practices.

Mark Siegel, an AT&T spokesman, declined to comment, saying he had not yet seen the lawsuit.

Oh man I will be pissed if she wins this. Apple should counter sue for a frivelous (sp?) lawsuit

Jan 1, 2006
Everyone who adopted early got a $100 rebate... I don't see why she's bitching. It's not like the 4gb were completely ignored... she's just mad cause they discontinued her shitty ass model.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
ty567 said:
From AOL.com

Oh man I will be pissed if she wins this. Apple should counter sue for a frivelous (sp?) lawsuit
do you even understand what she's fuckin doing? or why she's doing it?

it sounds like you think she just wants to sue someone for the fuck of it....maybe she does, but the reasons listed were pretty good....illegal business practices....that's a good reason. i hope she WINS...fuck AT&T and apple...capitalism too.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
are two companies both allowed to hold you to a 2 year contract even though it's the same contract? that sounds a little off to me........anyone else?

Jan 1, 2006
I AM said:
do you even understand what she's fuckin doing? or why she's doing it?

it sounds like you think she just wants to sue someone for the fuck of it....maybe she does, but the reasons listed were pretty good....illegal business practices....that's a good reason. i hope she WINS...fuck AT&T and apple...capitalism too.
We all know she's upset and wants $$ because her 4gb is no longer available :cheeky: it's not really illegal business practice because this happens with gas all the time, we don't fight to get our $$ back when the prices decrease we just accept it.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
The Visualizer said:
We all know she's upset and wants $$ because her 4gb is no longer available :cheeky: it's not really illegal business practice because this happens with gas all the time, we don't fight to get our $$ back when the prices decrease we just accept it.
Do you really know that? Did you even read what I was calling illegal business practice? I guess not....Can two seperate companies hold you to a single contract of 2 years? I didn't know that signing up for ONE company, meant you were now indebted to the other as well....

I really don't care how it turns out cause I probably won't hear about the outcome. I just think business in this country is shady.

Jul 24, 2007
She's just pissed cause she had to pay the "nerds" fee for getting it first.
Apple should put a hit out on this stupid ass bitch...lol

I think Bill Maher sums it up best: