window tinting

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Does anybody know a good place to go to in the bay area to get your car windows tinted. Around SF, daly city, 650 area

Jan 27, 2005
what about where they spray paint the shading to your window?
i heard theres one in pinole i think but i dont know where exactly

Jan 5, 2006
spray paint? i have some actually.. but i bought it to tint my tail lights for my car im gonna black it all out. Its called racing paint or some shit.. they sell it at hobby stores, you start with one coat and you keep spraying until you get the shade you like.

Jan 5, 2006
i would probably go with window film tint.. not sure how removable the spray stuff is.. if its as easy as wiping it off with some paint thinner then i'd say thats better.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
oh for real? hmm. how quick do they fade? theres no color tinting that is done like regular window tinting thats quality? im trying to see if i can match the color of my car (cobalt) somehow. but shit if imma have to keep gettin the shit done fuck it....i guess ill go for regular tint...shit does regular tint jobs need retouchign after time passes? im new to all this.

i really should holler at solar eclipse in sd i hear they do good jobs.

Dec 19, 2005
^not better than my shop....and where down the street..

reason i say is because is from what i hear they are old school with the way they tint. one of our old costumer went over to them by accident thinkin it was us, he took them an eclipse wich has a hella round window in the back and they couldnt even tint it talkin about they needed to cut up the film into four pieces to tint it...my brother did that shit in one piece and it came out pimp.

he left them his eclipse from like 12 or sumthin to 4 in the afternoon and they didnt get anything done on it.

but im pretty sure they will do a good job on the more common cars.

Dec 19, 2005
oh for real? hmm. how quick do they fade? theres no color tinting that is done like regular window tinting thats quality? im trying to see if i can match the color of my car (cobalt) somehow. but shit if imma have to keep gettin the shit done fuck it....i guess ill go for regular tint...shit does regular tint jobs need retouchign after time passes? im new to all this.
around a year thats why my bro dont carry that shit.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
i would probably go with window film tint.. not sure how removable the spray stuff is.. if its as easy as wiping it off with some paint thinner then i'd say thats better.
HAHAHAHAHA Spray tint.........

FUCK

THAT.

Holy shit, that stuff's bad for your body and is such a pain to deal with.

Stay away from colored tint.
Stay away from fade tint.
Get on some metalized window tint. Not that Lexus shit.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
yeah fuck that then...im not tryna get yearly colored window tints.....plus i do alot of going on road trips so i bet that would make the tint last much less....thank you for the info....i just had a few cops recently look through the outside of my car through the windows for illegal shit and i wanna stop that from happening again.

Dec 19, 2005
yeah that tint is meant to be put inside of homes not for the sun to be beatin down on it.

and if its cheap color tint that you get put on it will start breaking down and fading after like 6 months

Gas One

May 24, 2006
is there any sort of timeframe that regular tint fades? ive seen a few peopels shit looking raggedy. theres alot of mexican mechanics out here wo do tint too but from what ive been told i should never get any tint done by anyone who does it outside or under some sort of tarp because of air bubbles or some shit..so when i did it i was prolly looking to spend for the quality.