Will Tear gas sell better then Drought Season?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

will Tears Gas Sell better then Drought Season

• Yeah it will, it the Jack!

Votes: 70 83.3%
  • Not Sure, there is alot of Jacka shit coming out

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I dont give a fuck im gona download it

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I dont think it will cos Drought Season is doing very well

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
Mar 20, 2007
www.myspace.com
I think it is hard to tell being that the person that keeps telling everyone that the Drought Season is doing so well is mainly BERNER when he is on this website. I am curious as to how many trackable units (out the store) that the Drought Season has moved.
I MEAN, WWW.BILLBOARD.COM
3 WEEKS MEANS A LOT IN INDEPENDENT GAME, ALSO #1 AT RASPUTIN FOR 3 OR 4 WEEKS,AND BEST SELLING CD CITY HALL HAS HAD FOR OVER A MONTH, TRUST ME, TEAR GAS WILL SELL A LOT MORE BUT DROUGHT SEASON MADE SOME NOISE

Sep 18, 2002
www.thejacka.com
This poll is crazy. Jacka album will do very well when it drops. I say very well, (knowing that sales arent good right now anywhere). The single is still getting out there, and with the video it will only grow.

As for people who say were over saturating the market; ur stupid. Look at wayne, and the other artists (especially the south) who put out lots of mixtapes, other shit etc. Not too many people are buying music, so having hella shit out is a good idea to get money from various places. Its good to get ur name out there more too.

I know the fanbase started here in the Bay Area, but here is the deal. In order for the album to be a success everywhere, we have to do these type of things to make it happen. You may be tired of the single, but hell of other states are just catching on to it. We have a long term plan, which applies to many areas, not just here.

For yall that have always been there supporting, we will continue to do what we have always done. Put out QUALITY music, and put as much effort into putting out an album that has all the necessary components (i.e. promo,co-op,radio,interviews) to make it a success. Golden Mean never has needed a major to tell us how to run a business. We are just as effective without a tenth of the money they have. It all starts with Jacka's quality music, and moves forward with our established history of good solid business practices.

For the record too, the Jack Artist was a successful project. Its still scans 100 copies a week after two years of its release. Its just taking some time for the people who are now catching on to get into the music. As long as you have good music, you will always succeed. I think we have built a good solid model of how to run a successful independant company. There is however MUCH room to grow, and we will.

Frank

Mar 20, 2007
www.myspace.com
This poll is crazy. Jacka album will do very well when it drops. I say very well, (knowing that sales arent good right now anywhere). The single is still getting out there, and with the video it will only grow.

As for people who say were over saturating the market; ur stupid. Look at wayne, and the other artists (especially the south) who put out lots of mixtapes, other shit etc. Not too many people are buying music, so having hella shit out is a good idea to get money from various places. Its good to get ur name out there more too.

I know the fanbase started here in the Bay Area, but here is the deal. In order for the album to be a success everywhere, we have to do these type of things to make it happen. You may be tired of the single, but hell of other states are just catching on to it. We have a long term plan, which applies to many areas, not just here.

For yall that have always been there supporting, we will continue to do what we have always done. Put out QUALITY music, and put as much effort into putting out an album that has all the necessary components (i.e. promo,co-op,radio,interviews) to make it a success. Golden Mean never has needed a major to tell us how to run a business. We are just as effective without a tenth of the money they have. It all starts with Jacka's quality music, and moves forward with our established history of good solid business practices.

For the record too, the Jack Artist was a successful project. Its still scans 100 copies a week after two years of its release. Its just taking some time for the people who are now catching on to get into the music. As long as you have good music, you will always succeed. I think we have built a good solid model of how to run a successful independant company. There is however MUCH room to grow, and we will.

Frank
real talk, golden mean runs a great business, and they have good people working for them,if drought season hit #25 in top rap, and #55,#67,#64 on hip hop and r and b billboard, picture what tear gas will do, at least double sales drought season did

May 9, 2002

Frank
How long did it take jacka's '01 release to get to 15,000?

Dec 19, 2005
if everyone who thinks this cd will be dope actually goes out and cops it then it will shit on drought season but we all know that wont happen, but itll still do better than drought season regardless. im not gon lie i havent bought any of jackas new shit but ima buy Tear Gas, and when i get some more money ima buy drought season, well i could get it right now but ima get tear gas first

Sep 18, 2002
www.thejacka.com
How long did it take jacka's '01 release to get to 15,000?
Good question. I would have to pull up the some detailed scans to see that. Keep in mind that in 2001 the download era was just kicking off. So sales should equate to double by that logic because not a lot of people were getting on the dl hype. It did well, but there were artists in the bay scanning a lot of records too in respect to everyone else. It was only the beginning for Jacka.

Feb 4, 2005
Berner do you know how much units Drought Season has moved at the momment?

Oh yeah Frank you cant be calling the people that are buying cds stupid they are just stating their opinon which are valid points.

Dec 2, 2006
jacka does it moving.

him and his team push units out side just the bay area. they get out of california. technology fucked up sales but jacka out sells most because he out works most. yall know what your doing.

Sep 18, 2002
www.thejacka.com
Oh yeah Frank you cant be calling the people that are buying cds stupid they are just stating their opinon which are valid points.
I feel you...I said that because I look at it from our perspective. If you were in the same position, you may think the same thing. I didnt want anyone to think I was sayin there stupid cause of that tho. We all got our own perspectives from different angles. U just gotta respect it and move forward.

Mar 20, 2007
www.myspace.com
Berner do you know how much units Drought Season has moved at the momment?

its hard to say, prob around 3 thousand between 2800 and 3000, its hard to get an exact number through city hall, u have to go on reorders, but the itunes is doing great, and this purp ringtone should do good now its on the radio, ill be happy if we reach 5 or 6

Feb 4, 2005
I feel you...I said that because I look at it from our perspective. If you were in the same position, you may think the same thing. I didnt want anyone to think I was sayin there stupid cause of that tho. We all got our own perspectives from different angles. U just gotta respect it and move forward.
Thats cool you know alot of us be supportin all the Figaz shit from day 1 anyway, i know Goldenmean be puttin in that hustle to grow i got nothin but respect for your team. I hope you do big things this year cos i feel that Jack Artist should have been that stepping stone to the top but for whateva reason it didnt happen, so im hoping Tear Gas takes you guyz where you wana go.

@ Berner thats a good number so far, some other bay releases ive seen the figures for took months to get around that number, Keep grindin.