Why so little scratches on bay area records ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2002
str8ball.free.fr
can yall think of bay area songs with scratches in the hooks ? This gotta be some old school because I don't think I heard many spins on westcoast lps lately especially the Bay Area. I heard AP9, jt or mac dre allfrumthai put some but on the real not that often.
While the east coast maybe abuse some of this shit I think bay cats can find djs just about anywhere and add a little extra to the hooks. I have to listen to mixtapes to hear scratches feel me. Is it cause the Bay ain't feelin it ?

N

NOSTRIL KING

"City of Dope" - yukmouth has scratches.

I think it's because most DJs are whiteboys who want to be black, or niggas who want to be white - either way all they do is spin "Jeru the Damaja" and spin on cardboard. I don't think the bay has too many faggots like that.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
NOSTRIL KING said:

I think it's because most DJs are whiteboys who want to be black
Well, that's quite a generalization...I'm a 100% Bay Area DJ and u can ask anybody who's met me if I'm lyin...I don't wanna be anything but Italian dog...and I've liked to think I've paid some dues in this to not be lumped into that category...True, alot of DJs are "underground", but it's also because hip-hop in GENERAL has forgotten about the importance of the DJ...

S

Saucy Sounds

From what I've heard there are plenty of scratches on Pat Rich's new cd, Bulletproof Pimpin' Pistol Packin'...1

Apr 25, 2002
Nobody in the Bay needs a DJ anymore, because nobody here hardly presses vinyl anymore. Its a digital age and in the Bay Area rap market where money comes before art, the hustle dont cater to the turntablists