Why rap music is going downhill....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 7, 2002
Or at least one reason..........

So I'm in jail the other night and I'm a have to say that out of the 30 of us in there 10 or so are rappers and they are all talking about their mixtapes.

This very simple observation says so much about the state of rap right now to me.

Dec 8, 2005
www.youtube.com
RAP MUSIC WILL NEVER BE THE SAME LIKE IN THE 90'S EARLY 90'S... DA NEW ERA KIDS LIKE GIMMICKS SO DA A&R'S IS PUSHN FOR IT DEN DA DJ'S KEEP THEY JOBS CUZ DA KIDS CALLN EVERYDAY ALL DAY FA DA SOULJA BOYS D4L N ALL DAT KINDA MUSIC....

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
Heat Myser said:
Or at least one reason..........

So I'm in jail the other night and I'm a have to say that out of the 30 of us in there 10 or so are rappers and they are all talking about their mixtapes.

This very simple observation says so much about the state of rap right now to me.
Everyone thinks they are a rapper and the quality on most shit is so bad i cant even listen to it. I remember you telling me along time ago one thing wrong with KC rap was the production. Snares over the lyrics and what not. Everytime i heard that shit i think of your ass. haha good times.

Mar 13, 2003
Most rappers nowaday's dont put out quality music...Like most ppl are sayin here they are too interested in gimmicks

Sep 10, 2004
www.cdbaby.com
shit i think myspace is one of the best tools for underground artists...

ignorance fucked up hip hop, and the fear of going against the grain and doing something different than what everyone else is doing...

i remember back in '94 when i could turn on Rap City with Joe Clair and Big Lez and see all kinds of different rap videos... now if it ain't bling, booty, and rims it ain't gettin played... corporate America fucked up hip hop... and the "rappers" who willingly bend over for them...

my two cents...

Oct 10, 2003
C-MOB said:

ignorance fucked up hip hop, and the fear of going against the grain and doing something different than what everyone else is doing...

i remember back in '94 when i could turn on Rap City with Joe Clair and Big Lez and see all kinds of different rap videos... now if it ain't bling, booty, and rims it ain't gettin played... corporate America fucked up hip hop... and the "rappers" who willingly bend over for them...

my two cents...
offcourse its corporate USA, cuz early 90's when everyone was anticipating doggystyle, not one record exec expected that it would shit like it did, still took about a year or 4 for them to royally fuck it up, but imo they took it from there

May 20, 2006
C-MOB said:

my two cents...

co-sign^^^