WHY IZ THA PS3 NOT AS BIG AS THA PS2?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
WII AND 360 ARENT BETTER SYSTEMS BUT THEY HAVE BETTER GAMES AND THE WII IS NOW THE MAIN COMPETITION CUZ ITS OUTSELLING BOTH BUT THE WII AINT THAT GREAT ITS JUST CHEAP.

Oct 18, 2003
they got to drop games that show it's true potential. stuff like gta and metal gear, final fantasy. if those games show what a ps3 can do i'm sure they'll get more sales.

(to answer the question above) it scales back to the highest resolution your t.v. has mine goes up to 1080i if yours goes to 720p it should go that high also.

i read an article for a game developer for ps3. he made a good point saying the life span of new consoles average 6 years. he says they built the ps3 to last 10 years. so folks that look back will say they built it right and will still have games to play even past it's 6 year life span.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
1. The 360 is more powerful than the PS3. It is well documented. It has an easier to develop for hardware, much higher RAM, and faster load times. The PS3 is a pain in the ass to develop for.

2. GTA IV comes out on both platforms the same day, BUT, the 360 version will feauture exclusive downloadable episodic content.

3. Metal Gear Solid is heavily rumoured to come put on 360. The era of exclusive games is over.

Aug 7, 2003
Hyfeeboy said:
if the xbox had a controller like the ps2 , i wouldnt care for a ps3. but i hate the xbox controller thus hating xbox all together
i used to feel that way until i played the xbox a lot that when i went back to a ps2 controller it felt really small and cheap. then i played my friends ps3 and those controllers are featherly lightweight, no rumble, the triggers feel funny on them and the motion control is just a selling feature, not a useful game feature. i also like how the xbox has the left joystick right where you left thumb sits on the controller. for ps3 you gotta reach with your left thumb to find the joystick.

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
smeezy said:
First and foremost...Price, then the popularity of XBOX 360 as PS games are now available on XBOX. The Wii. And Blu-Ray hasn't taken off yet, it's doing well but not that many people have 1080p TV's. When more 1080p's are prevalent and people find out stand alone Blu-Ray players cost a grip, the PS3 will start sellin. By that time, PS3 will have more games available. PS3 60g is equivalent to a 360 with a Hi-Def player.

When PS2 dropped, stand alone DVD players were still exspensive. My mom bought me one and by todays standards, it would be CHEAP, but ti ran her like $350. PS2 actually had shit games when it launched, but it functioned as a cheap DVD player. PS3 had the potential to still sell with shit games, but the price is out there.

Plus the jump between SDTV vs HDTV and DVD vs HD-DVd/blu ray. I dont think it has much to do with 1080p since a movie will still look 1000 times better on even a 720p or 1080i TV vs SDTV.

Last I read, Blu Ray is whopping HD-DVD ass in sales. It just comes down to price. The average consumer will see 599 as too exspensive for a DVD player. Especially if they dont own an HDTV. Really no point in having next gen software if you dont have next gen hardware.

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
RB20 said:
When PS2 dropped, stand alone DVD players were still exspensive. My mom bought me one and by todays standards, it would be CHEAP, but ti ran her like $350. PS2 actually had shit games when it launched, but it functioned as a cheap DVD player. PS3 had the potential to still sell with shit games, but the price is out there.

Plus the jump between SDTV vs HDTV and DVD vs HD-DVd/blu ray. I dont think it has much to do with 1080p since a movie will still look 1000 times better on even a 720p or 1080i TV vs SDTV.

Last I read, Blu Ray is whopping HD-DVD ass in sales. It just comes down to price. The average consumer will see 599 as too exspensive for a DVD player. Especially if they dont own an HDTV. Really no point in having next gen software if you dont have next gen hardware.

Masked Lemon said:
1. The 360 is more powerful than the PS3. It is well documented. It has an easier to develop for hardware, much higher RAM, and faster load times. The PS3 is a pain in the ass to develop for.

2. GTA IV comes out on both platforms the same day, BUT, the 360 version will feauture exclusive downloadable episodic content.

3. Metal Gear Solid is heavily rumoured to come put on 360. The era of exclusive games is over.

1) Power doesnt mean much. The xbox was supposedly easier to develop software for, but it still lost last gen. Power with no games = crap. I am not saying i didnt have fun with my Xbox, but PS2 had its number with exclusive games

2)I dont see that as a big deal and I dont thikn the average consumer will either. Yeah the content will be nice, but how much will it cost. I have put more money in downlaods in Oblivion than I paid for the actual game! ALOT of people dont like the micro transactions and developers leaving shit out, only to charge you later. Downloadable content should be to extend a games life, not as easy money. Some games arent even out a few months before there are downlaods for it. Its nice, but i dont think that will propel peopel to not get a PS3 if they are buying t it to play GTA 4.

3) I dont think exclusivity is going anywhere. Take MGS4. If that was coming to 360, we would know about it. DMC and GTA are great franchises and they arent wasting time. PLUS xbox didnt get MGS3 or MGS3 substinence.

MS cant sell enough units in japan to get a dragon warrior or final fantasy and those two franchises can swing the momentum for a console.....just ask nintendo what happened when they were arrogant and stuck with cartridges, only to have Square and Enix leave and make games for GBA and PSX/PS2.

Sep 26, 2005
my tv haz 1080i also but i heard if u dont have 1080p then it goez to 720p, and yea i also heard blu ray will out beat hd dvd i think itz juzt a matter of 1-2 yrz before they reach $250 for a blu ray player just like dvd, only prob iz that not everyone can use blu ray so they may be expensive for longer than that

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
KOOL_AID said:
my tv haz 1080i also but i heard if u dont have 1080p then it goez to 720p, and yea i also heard blu ray will out beat hd dvd i think itz juzt a matter of 1-2 yrz before they reach $250 for a blu ray player just like dvd, only prob iz that not everyone can use blu ray so they may be expensive for longer than that

supposedly there is a dual format player in the works.

Aug 7, 2003
Home-E said:
thats not what sony claims. anyways, if it doesnt mean much then try to justify the price of the ps3
brand name, blu-ray player, 60 gb hard drive, wifi, hdmi, wireless controller, motion sensing controlling, memory card slots (for cameras and stuff), brand name.

Apr 27, 2005
hella_numb said:
brand name, blu-ray player, 60 gb hard drive, wifi, hdmi, wireless controller, motion sensing controlling, memory card slots (for cameras and stuff), brand name.
obviously thats not enough considering the sales numbers

Jan 2, 2004
hella_numb said:
i used to feel that way until i played the xbox a lot that when i went back to a ps2 controller it felt really small and cheap. then i played my friends ps3 and those controllers are featherly lightweight, no rumble, the triggers feel funny on them and the motion control is just a selling feature, not a useful game feature. i also like how the xbox has the left joystick right where you left thumb sits on the controller. for ps3 you gotta reach with your left thumb to find the joystick.
I feel the same way. Plus the 360 controller is much improved over the normal xbox and the xbox small controllers.

You have the triggers, which all had, but the terrible black and white buttons are gone and replaced with the right and left bumpers.

I used to think the PS1/2/3 controller was the best controller. But I've switched to the 360 controller as my fave.. It also seems way better put together.