Why dont Andre Nickatina and Equipto rap together anymore? are they beefin?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 26, 2008
Thy have rapped together since the 90's.. I think both of them made their best music during the Horns and Halos days.. I know Equipto didnt get the recognition that he deseves during that time and really only andre nickatina got more fame.. But they were always featured on each others albums.. But now they dont even have any songs with each other any more since like 2007 or so.. Equipto has songs talking about San Francisco and rapping about all the San Francisco OG rappers that inspired him but he never mentions Andre Nickatina.. and in one song he says something like "People ask why i dont rap with the homie no more" i forget what he says after that or what the song name was though.. So are the beefin or what?

Apr 25, 2002
I don't know why but I think by both of them keeping it under wraps they've helped their careers. We've all seen what happens when you get cats who've been rapping together for years beefin what it does to their career (Luniz, Quinn and Mess, etc. etc.)

Jan 23, 2006
Heard it was over money they sounded good together but they definately are not that cool with each other now last song they did together was on the berner and equipto album

Dec 19, 2008
North Sac
They just came out with a new song recently. Its called how we blow feat. Shag nasty, mike p. And mike marshall. Its a cool lil slap.i heard it on youtube. I believe it was on shag nastys cd. But damn they dropped four classic albums together. People move on. I hate nickatinas new style. He needs to go back to the crazy metaphors and trippy beats.imo thats were he was at his best.

Apr 25, 2006
Off topic:
What ever happened to Lo Lo & Nickatina?
I heard lolo started teaching or working at a school in the city, although I recently seen a video with her and a local rapper that posts on the sicc...boogie or sumthin like that....not gonna lie tho...there were only one or two tracks with her on it that I didnt skip....lol..

Apr 5, 2004
I actualy asked Equipto the same thing . And he str8 up said they WERE BEEFING OVER A MAC DRE VERSE THAT "SUPPOSIDLY """belonged" to Equipto and Nickatina ended up just using it on one of his cds and Equipto got all butthurt and they havent really fucked with eachother since. Thats what it really came down to. A fight over A Mac Dre verse and who owned it. I gues in the end Nickatina got the verse tho. So..... Iono that was a few yrs back tho

Sep 26, 2008
Yeah on Tale of Two Andre's there is a Mac Dre verse where he says "It was me and Equipto at the bar gettin chipped up" I also seen on a DVD when Mac Dre and Equipto recorded that song. So maybe that is the song in question... Yeah since 2008 i havent really fucked with Nicky to much it just seems like he is trying to go mainstream or something.. But yeah i never really got into Equipto but now im starting to. I think he is way under rated I think he has the skills to be like a national underground artist like Brotha Ali but he isnt really even that big in the Bay Area