Why Doesn't Minnesota Give It Up 2 DMG??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 30, 2006
I've alwayz wondered why Minnesota(a state that desperetly needz some well deserved recognition in th rap game) never gave DMG any big ups. I bought hiz tape(later got the CD) Rigormortiz back in the summer of 1993 when I was 16 & that waz a tru classic. I waz the only nigga in Stockton who had that tape it seemed like, but when ever I played it 4 somebody I alwayz heard the same response. "That shit iz hella tight homie, dub that shit 4 me"

I'm just not saying it waz a classic just 2 say it. That waz one hell of a debut & hiz work with Facemob(a Hip Hop Masterpeice IMO) went unnoticed. I've actually spoke 2 a couple of people from Minnesota & they never seemed 2 care 4 hiz music. The entire Midwest IMO never gave thiz dude hiz propz. That waz the second album from a Midwest artist(the first was Esham Judgement Day Vol. 1. I bought that tape a month earlier) that I ever bought & I waz highly empressed. I love that CD till thiz very day. If the Midwest had some type of movement back then & would've supported thiz dude I think u guyz would of blew up along time ago. Twista was making moves around that time, Detroit loved Esham & Bone came the following summer(1994) & we all know the impact they had on the industry.

DMG

DUDE IS STILL DOING HIS THANG...I SAW HIM AT THE STUDIO IN 02 AND HE WAS STILL SPITTIN FLAME..BUT HE DONE BEEN DOWN SOME DARK ROADS SINCE 9TRE. BUT I WOULD BACK DUDE WITH MY PRODUCTION. BUT WAIT FOR MY CD HOMIE..

TANQUERAY LOC PRESENTS "MURDA 4 HIRE"
THIS WILL BE THE HARDEST CD TO EVER COME FROM MINNESOTA ON SOME NIGGA SHIT. I'M A VET HERE THAT JUST NEVER DROPPED A CD. BUT THIS ONE IS ABOUT TO DROP IN 07.

IT WILL FEATURE LYNCH HUNG AND A COUPLE OTHER NORTHERN CALI CATS. BUT MOSTLY ME PUTTING IT DOWN REPPIN MY BIG BRO (O.G K-WOOD) R.I.P
& MY CITY MINNEAPOLIS. SOUTH & NORTH SIDE.

IT WILL ALSO FEATURE SANDMAN AND MAEHAM BOTH ALSO FROM MINNEAPOLIS... CHECC MY MYSPACE TO CHECC ME OUT...

AND YES "RIGGORMORTIZ" WAS A CLASSIC.

May 30, 2006
Thatz good shit homie. I'll be on the look out 4 your project.

U are right though,dude had major flame. He was a gangsta rapper that waz very lyricaI & had some cool azz metaphores. I even look @ the group Facemob who original memberz had 3 artist from the Midwest. They got no propz.

But yea u said that DMG been down some dark roadz... what do u mean by that? Whatz been going on with him?

Eunuch

Thotlamic Prophet
Feb 19, 2006
Thotronto
his second album on RAL was decent, could of been better production but he still had the lyrics. whatever dudes going through or been through i wish the best for him.

Sep 17, 2005
I think he dont get his props cuz he "left" Minnesota in a sense and put it down in Texas. Yeah he did rep St Paul on his album, but I think alot of people would just assume he was from TX back then. That dude got mad love in Texas, I remember I didnt even catch the minnesota thing till I had that tape for like a few months. We was goin to a Crime Boss concert and I was playin that tape. My boy goes "Did that nigga just say he was from St Paul Minnesota?" We rewinded it and started laughin (The only thing we knew about Minnesota was Kirby Pucket and that Fargo movie) My homeboy used to be cool wit him. Hes had a bad drug problem for awhile now though. Hopefully things work out for him.

May 30, 2006
Yea it tripped me out when I first heard where he was from. I didn't catch it 4 awhile either. "Streight from St. Paul clockin G'z down in Texas". Hell Minnesota got got hoodz I'm sure. Never been there but alwayz wanted 2 atleast visit.

Even if he did do hiz thing in Texas I thinkk the Midwest should of gave thiz nigga more propz cuz he waz an absolute beast on the mic. I've lived in No. Cali & So.Cali & I waz the only nigga I knew that ever heard of the Rigormortiz album. Thst waz sad 2 me cuz people were missing out on a true hip hop classic. With the right promotion That album couldve put the Midwest on the map 13 yearz ago 4 good. IMO it waz that incredible.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
funny you mention this, i been looking for this cd and finally found it all this morning on limewire!!!! blac monks was bangin too!!!!

May 30, 2006
Rap A Lot had it on lock. People talk about the run No Limit made between '96 to 98 but the NL catalog could never match up 2 the quality of RAL. RAL IMO has produced the best talent of any label since Motown. If niggaz think I'm trippin then they need 2 check out the shit J. Prince waz puttin out in the 90's.

Jun 21, 2003
www.gubb.nu
yeah cool to see some minnesota talk since ive been there all da way from sweden in da mid 90s went to some hoods and copped some shit but i always wanted to hear more music from there so big up gonna start looking for some
big up to sweden girl linda who used to live there too now in vegas

Apr 25, 2002
The Evil Genius said:
Hell Minnesota got got hoodz I'm sure.
MPLS has a higher crime rate than any city in California other than Oakland, Richmond & Compton.

Four kids at my small ass college out there were robbed at gunpoint in 3 months, and that wasn't even in one of the hoods out there. For a college that's a lot. My CD store was also robbed at gunpoint a few times and they started locking the door after 8 and letting you in after looking at you (which got me thinking if they were doing some racial shit or something like that).

MPLS & St. Paul is just like any other Midwestern city, a lot of older rundown neighborhoods near factory districts. Lot of black people came up from the South decades ago who haven't quite found their footing yet (for whatever reason, I'm not going to play that game). The black-white income gap there is #3 (behind two other Midwest cities) in the entire country, that could be part of the problem.

I lived in St. Paul for 4 of the past 5 years of my life, I absolutely loved it out there. It's what's shaped many of my views of the Midwest. I may be back one day.

Nov 30, 2006
^My mom's roommate (black dude) just moved here from Miniapolis. He said it was a lot of racist square white people and cold ass weather.

Every big city has a ghetto so it dosnt matter where you go.