why does the source hate on tech 9

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2002
yo i'm new to this board and i just brought tech new album ap and heard part of his last ablum. i think he is tight but everytimr i read the source there always given his album a weak review. do they hate him or sumthin.

Aug 21, 2002
Because they are BIASED towards anyone that doesn't come outta the East Coast...

Look at Jay-Z....
I used to love his music up until the Dynasty, then after that his beats have been sounding a little bit incomplete or something missing from them, then he get's this little weird voice sort of like the voice on "Imma Tell" and loops that on every song, throws in a few old verses, this CD sounds like the last, or you can't tell it from another, Creativity is low, see him in the streets, can't get a handshake, and "Poof" 5 mics.....

Now Tech, he puts in some Overtime on his shit, talks about other shit not like Nelly and them that only talks about they city and no one outta the STL can relate to it, and Tech also has more than the single on his CD that is a hit unlike most of these artists that come out these days. Over 90% of his album can pass for singles or are worth listening to, and then his style is killin' them, Sounds wayyy different than anyone else, then he issues a DVD that has better tracks on it, than some of these million paid artists, his attitude is great towards fans too... And "Poof" 3 mics..... Sort of sounds like a trend to me!

Fuck em'..... Murder Dog needs to be the only one to listen to...

Aug 17, 2002
JEAH...jeah...JEAH...JEAH

the weird thing is that ... and i have said this before... they fuckin applauded the dude and talked about how tight he and the album was... then they just pulled a three out of their asses...

Oct 4, 2002
ima have to agree with MasZive... really tho, fuck 'the source' .... i don't even pay attention to what they gotta say, let alone pick up one of there magazines ever since they fucked round an gave Jay-Z '5 mics' off his last shit. i started listenin to Tech a while ago an hez a lot better than all these commercial artists that be comin out now who doin songz with britney spearz an ho's off destiny child.

... that's my opinion

`duCe`

Aug 21, 2002
MZ. De-Lusional.... Your right...

Like Tech said, he aint kissing no ass to be accepted into this punk ass industry. The Source shows 98.000001% East Coast muthafuckas in they mags each month, regardless if they aint had a CD in 7 years or not!.... Eve, Ja-Rule, Jay-Z, Nas, Puffy, and them muthafucas aint even got no new albums coming out, but they gracing the covers every month. I hope they pull a JCOR and go bankrupt. XXL too.... I can't stand them muthafuckas either.

Everybody is trying to change to that commercial shit, and then they say that Tech's "Slacker" is trying to sound like it's commercial. Fuck that.... They dont realize that he's not kissing ass in his shit period. And all that damned bullshit with these artists doing callabo's with 3LW, Pink & Jessica Simpson.
Fuck that... He's keeping it real, and when artist jump at him for the Industry is Punks, then I guess....."The shoe fit's".......

I am sick of not seeing Tech on BET, MTV, 106th & Park and shit. I would put up a million that if he made the video for "It' Alive" or "Imma Tell", if they played it one week, everyone will catch on to the real shit... If not, they can keep the mil....
I am more sure of that than I am anything else...

I bet if Tech was on the cover of the Source or XXL, more people would buy that months edition quicker than any other, because the cover would be sick!!!

And I aint scared that if a rapper wants beef with Tech no matter who he is, Jay-Z, Nas, Cannibus.... Tech will take them out the game fuh sho'... His comebacks are so wicked, I can't explain it, but the forst fool that takes a stab at him, is in for it big time...

Oct 2, 2002
word up man...i agree with yall. i cant stand the east cost man, there all a bunch of cocky fuckers that act like everyone owes them something. im sick of it. look im a graffiti artist. i try to send in my flix to the bitch ass place and they never except it just cuz, everything is based on NYC. and yes i am good, so its not like they dont like my shyt. but the need to give other people a chance. (Graff & Hip hop) i know i micht have got off the supject but thats just how i related it to my self. FUCK THE SOURCE. p.s any other graff heads in here??? hit me back on this. peace arrenWae.

Jul 7, 2002
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times.......don't take the Source personally....its all business and politics. If you want unbiased reviews, go to Consumer Reports...lol.

Aug 26, 2002
^^^^^Heat that is why u the man

On the real, the album got 3 mics, read what it said next to 3 mics
.....nothing bad about it at all, youngtenders
@Mazsive: why u got STL in your mouth , and u talkin bad about us too, STL don't feel Tech9 cause he is on some other shit , we don;t feel him cause we a southern city in Midwest..don;t speak what u don't know. That is a reason why STL and KC never done nothing together, yall WestCoastin it and we Dirty South in it. But me and Heat gonna have that sowed up like a farmer in a minute , on my momma

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM

jesse james said:
^^^^^Heat that is why u the man

On the real, the album got 3 mics, read what it said next to 3 mics
.....nothing bad about it at all, youngtenders
@Mazsive: why u got STL in your mouth , and u talkin bad about us too, STL don't feel Tech9 cause he is on some other shit , we don;t feel him cause we a southern city in Midwest..don;t speak what u don't know. That is a reason why STL and KC never done nothing together, yall WestCoastin it and we Dirty South in it. But me and Heat gonna have that sowed up like a farmer in a minute , on my momma
ay jesse........i don't think that maszive is puttin the city down!
STL is coo-ass city.....i think he was just sayin that what nelly and the st. luni's say....... no one else can relate too cause it is all about STL. i mean if tech was rappin about nothin but K.C. then fo-sho no one would be able to feel him!! right?

maszive is just sayin that he is talkin about real shit ......not just the city!!

i thought STL liked tech??

maybe i was wrong!!!!

out!!!

Aug 21, 2002
jesse james said:
@Mazsive: why u got STL in your mouth , and u talkin bad about us too, STL don't feel Tech9 cause he is on some other shit , we don;t feel him cause we a southern city in Midwest..don;t speak what u don't know. That is a reason why STL and KC never done nothing together, yall WestCoastin it and we Dirty South in it. But me and Heat gonna have that sowed up like a farmer in a minute , on my momma [/B]
What! Man I only speak facts. The Source shouldn't be out there rating shit unless they 'Know" how to rate shit right. Dont fuck with no one else in that case if they are going to fuckin' hate. That's like only fixing on all Toyota's, and when a nigga brings you a Ford, knowing that you dont know how to fix a damned thing on it, you say okay I'll fix it, and toss it to the side until you decide to really read the manual on how to fix it. That's the Source! They dont need to come this way if they aint gone listen to the shit and do it right. And the only reason Scarface got 5 mics, is because the Source hated on him for so long, they decided to give him what they owed him. When has the Source ever hated on Jay-Z or Nas? Never...... But it just so happens, they hate on everyone outta their jurisdiction.

..................................JESSE JAMES...............................
Tell me this. What does Nelly or the Lunatics talk about other than St. Louis??????????? Still thinking?????????????
"NOTHING"

Exactly! I aint trying to blast on the Lou, but if it's the truth, then it must be told! No matter what callabo's someone from the Lou is on, they always gotta say something about the Lou like they aint never been anywhere but Natural Bridge & Kings Highway. Is that where the city stops or what?

And it's not the fact that StL doesn't feel Tech because he's on what he calls "Some other shit".. Because if where I am, which is in Jefferson City @ school with all these people from the Lou, they act like aint no one after Nelly. Like he's the last nigga to sell 8 mil. or the only tight nigga in the game.. Noooooooo! He's too damned Jolly for me dogg.. I face niggas from the Lou all day every day, talking shit on Tech cause he aint really blew up yet, but when I tell they asses, Why the hell Nelly aint working on no real Projects, they get mad. You'll never see that nigga collab with a Tupac or Eminem, or even any hardcore nigga. He aint street, and Street niggas dont even listen to him if you wanna get technical. Obviously, you aint heard his lyrics dogg... The only niggas that listen to him is niggas from the Lou, girls, and little Billy at the Daycare... Other than that, you'll never, ever, ever, ever, ever hear Dilemma, or any of his shit coming outta no 15's beating down the street. The only way you gone hear it is every 5 minutes on the radio on Mix 93.3 or yall station 100.3. or some fat girl in a Lil' Hyundai cruising to work nearly busting her speakers out tying to crank them factory's all the way up.

StL aint even near the Souths style. Yall got that accent twisted. After Midwest Swang came out, everyone down here strated talking different, but just the Thursday before it came out they were talking fine, then a month or so later, after thet "phase" was over, everyone was saying their words as properly as I was. Yall like a mix between the East Coast & the South if you ask me. (My opinion) Who in the South wears boots and shorts? Who in the South wears Striped sock's, boots, and skirts? Who in the south wears a rag on every limb on thier body? No us, not the east, not the west? Yall on yall own there buddy. I hear people outta the South talk more about other things than their city!
I cant stand Nelly's concieted feminine ass anyway's..
Try's to talk all hard on MTV countdowns and shit, but soon as he's in the studio, that niggas Yoddelling like a muthafucka..
He's on some Michelle' shit there dog. talk hard, rap soft. Damned!

Lets be honest dogg on this subject.
I aint gone sit there and lie about that shit. Niggas from the Lou is more than cool with me, but when it comes to hating, I hear it more than anything from yall nigga's...
When I brought Tech down here in April to do a concert, niggas from the Lou hated him before they even heard him, and they always comparing him to Nelly. You can't do that. They have two different styles, and Tech is to vicious for that dude. After the concert though, they was feeling that shit, and couldn't even hate after that. that's their problem, yall had a Superbowl, and Nelly, that's it as far as I can see.... Yall dont even support yall own niggas until they get big anyway's.

Thats the difference between KC and the Lou, yall act like it is a priviledge to do something with the Lou. "DOUBT IT" When Nelly did a show, and he wasn't big, yall booed him. What's up with that dude? When Pretty Willy did a show yall booed him and he was small time. Yall can't see a nigga until he's bigtime. That's fucked up!!!!

Can it get any realer....?

Aug 26, 2002
Off Tops, you ain't one of my folks who is black, so please refrain from calling me nigga ...My name is Jesse James
2nd: why u act like u grew up in my backyard??????
U act like Tech9 don;t talk about his city in his verses, just because he does not say KC, does not mean he ain;t talkin about one of his life lessons he got from growing up there. All rappers do that.........
We ain't southern....boy we had slaves, we fought for the south in the Civil War, we are the most northern southern city in the USA....u need to quit skipping class to get on the siccness and trying to flex knowledge that u don't have
We don't support til they get big....boy Da Hol9 sold 30,000 cds in STL alone before they got there deal.
We don't feel Tech9 because he is to out there with his music , and if you really don't think the man is out there in his own lil world then u are wasting alot of your parents money by going to school
Nelly ain;t never been on no major projects, I know u probally sit in your dorm room and jack off on the weekend and you did not get to see Training Day, but awwww, Nelly was on there, so was King Jacob he from STL too........
STL is on of the biggest markets to sell records in, so yes it is a privilege to do a song with an artist in STL(if he is respected)
don't be mad cause Tech9 is not excepted herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre and Nelly is worldwide
You act like Nelly stole Tech9 style and ran away with it....negative
Why does all rap music have to be "Gangsta"?????
Open your mind
And what ain;'t real about reppin yo city ???????????
you know how many times I've come across people and they from another city and they get to talkin about there cty and thanks to a rapper I actually know where or what they are talkin about.....

Jul 7, 2002
hey...Massive and Jesse.....both of yall are my people, and yall are both cool. Don't trip of each other. Each of you rep your city, and lets kill this arguing.

Aug 21, 2002
Ha, ha, ha... You almost made a bit of sense "Nigga".....

For one, I am black "Brotha" and two, can you state one thing that I said about growing up in that raggedy muthafucka? Nope! I know just as much as you know about the city, so dont even test me on that cat..

Oooh, Da Hol 9 sold 30,000... So, who gives a rats nipple if they went Ghetto Gold playboy! Like I said, we dont boo muthafuckas that are trying to make it like yall do, and when they've blown up, riding they dick like, "Oh yeah, I know that nigga! We went to school together!" And the whole time, yall done dissed him years back! Shut that shit up pimpin'...

And you said it yourself, He is out there, on a whole different level. Nelly or the Lunatics can have an album with 35 songs on it, and every single one is about that tore up highway, abandoned square blocks of houses ran down ass city... I know more than you think. I am always there dude. Always been..

Of course he is out there in his own littel world doing his "OWN THANG" unlike your boy putting on dresses to be accepted. He aint doing shit but what little punk ass niggas wanna hear on the radio. He aint got no RESPECT. Shit Shaquille O'neal gets more repect in the music industry than that nigga. He had his nerves to try and diss KRS-One dogg. You can't call yourself number one unless you are called number one, and not just by your city...

I dont need to open my eyes to shit, because I can tell you more about Rock & Roll, Rap, R&B, the Industry nigga, than you can about your own family.

St. Louis aint one of the biggest markets to sell records in dude. Yall be burning that niggas shit. Who the hell you heard of in the Lou when the CD drops, there buying 5 & 6 of them. Nope. Yall'd rather dubb them bitches, than sellout. But it is like yall to sellout a sellout.

What is Nelly doin to be Worldwide. Whatever the uptight, Uncle Tom ass muthafucka's want him to do. If they say do a Callbo with the Dixie Chicks, I bet he'd do it, and the sad part is he'll fit right in...

Where have I "STATED" that Nelly stole Tech's style????????
You got a prob with constantly putting words in my mouth...

Why Nelly wont give E-40 his credit on the word "PIMP-JUICE"!!!!
Thought that I didn't notice that huh? he came out with that shit like it was his, and right after E-40 was in the magazine talking about how niggas steal his shit and act like its his...

I dont have to open my mind to shit lil' dude! You had a few punch lines that might make the average cat giggle, but the facts are what puts point on the scoreboard cat... No points, no win...

And when you talk about me in a dorm room jacking off. DAMNED, that was funny, but I dont live in a dorm cat!!!!
Why dont you get yo grown ass outta yo momma's basement and go clean up that living room like she said, and wash them dishes.. Yo grown ass been on house arrest at her pad for 2 years, and aint went no where, cause you tried to kiss Nelly at the show yall booed the nigga at, now he has a restraining order on yo ass.. And tell yo grown ass girlfriend to get her ass up and clean up, or do something. He momma's calling her right now. Running up her light bill and shit. You need to get outta that mirror too trying to dress like Nelly with 120 bandaids on looking like a damned mummy and a silver tooth that was knocked out at a concert, he just got lucky that platinum came out, so it'll pass for a platinum tooth pimpin'.. And quit drinking up her Kool-Aid and with yo musty ass, all in her room while she at work looking for shit to pawn so you and yo girl can split a pack of Black -N- Milds, and get some Pork Rinds at the store so yall wont go hungry.

Negro please. If anything, you talkin' to an expert...
What the hell iz you flappin' about!!
Talking about your city is alright, but when we trying to listen to that shit, they dont understand what the fuck yall talking about if you aint been to the muthafucka.... And when every song has something to do with the Galleria or Mono. Nigga, the Mono aint even in St. Louis, it's in Illinois. Yall stole they shit..

Just like I said, yall can call East St. Louis "River Rats" but soon as they have something that can make yall look good, then yall family all of a sudden, see I know how yall niggas think! One day they river rats, then yall trying to do that weak ass Mono dance that Nelly is trying his hardest to teach everybody that aint from there. Uh, uh, uh.... yall alway's trying to set trends, and aint none of them going to leave the LOU!!!!!!!

Oct 8, 2002
I agree with about 99.9% of MasZive's comments and I have reason for that matter. I've been followin the posts, just haven't had anythin to add on the Tech craze, but I need to make a point on Mas's & James' posts. First, I'm not here to diss or spice up the argument: Just to make a few points clear.

Raised in Kansas City (and that IS Kansas City), but livin in Columbia, MO (MU). Been feeling Tech since he was calm before blowin up in KC even (Calm before the storm). Having heard prolly most of everything he's dropped with anybody, hearing the comments of him being in his 'own lil world' is Ludicrous. Maybe that's how it sounds to someone who has not been listening to much variety of music, but Tech N9ne is not as weird as it gets for those of you who may think that he's "out there". Needless for me to say right now, but we all know that tech speaks his mind on ANY matter and you can trace patterns of his life through his music. Never does he jump the subject in an attempt to exagerate his already established reputation of being on a totally different end to most rappers. No. Tech raps about his life, what he feels, what he goes through and whatever he feels like rappin about, just like most rappers these day do (or claim to do). If i was Tech N9ne, being told that I'm in my own little world because of what I rap would be an insult: Writting and Rapping about what i feel like, what I go through, my trials, my tribulations, my pains, my gains, my homies, parties, whatever the subject is, and then having someone tell me it's in another world I'm in....No. Many things pass, but not that. You can critisize the man's rhymes (good luck at finding some to critisize), beats (equally difficult) and anything else you may not like, but one thing you cannot touch are his real lyrics and using that as justification for your opinions. When you do that, we have another problem...

Now, I go to school here with other St. Louis people. Honesty, I have no problem with them for the most part (until they rant endlessly about their superbowl accomplishments 3 yrs. ago) but that's a different matter. I sometimes find myself trying to give some exposure to these Lou cats on Tech and for the most part they've bought it. On a few occasions, this cat had the nerve to tell me in my own room whie Im bumpin my Tech that Nelly's better - (he guy was a rich white dude who obsesses anything that comes out of the Lou, but not like that had anything to do with it...)
Anyways, some Lou ppl have given some credit and have sometimes came on the matter that the lunatics have gotten repetitive, played out and 'old sounding', They did thank them for giving St. Louis more exposure by representing them on all cylinders, but there's only so much you can say about your city before your comments fall on death ears...Which is why Tech is more carefull about this on AP. He wanted KC heard in It's Alive had the Vid. been made, but the whole album as it turns out is about a lot more than signs and representing.
I cannot add much to the comment about STL listeners dissin local artists until they blow, but for Nelly and some others to be as big as they are today, he needed some kind of boost from hometown supporters first, so this may disprove MasZive's comment, unless you (Mas) know something I don't, then holla back and correct me.

As for ST. Louis being the most northern southern City. That is simply false. As a matter if fact, the State of Missouri was never recognized to be part of the Confederacy. At the time (1860), Missouri's National Guard/State Militia consisted of Confederates, but the State was never one of the states that Ceceded from the union and therefore was never confederate. Sure blacks and slaves and outlaws fought for Missouri's guard, but the regiment was amost unknown and neither was any southern dominance in the state. In fact, Missouri's State Legislature was mostly Republican, hence, supported by Lincoln and the union. Before the the Confederates could add the state of MO to the list of ceceded states by seizing the capital (Jeff City), the Union guard along with an unknown militia (later to have a reputation to fight like Tigers-which gave name to the mascot of the university of Missouri) came and swiftly defeated the confederates.
That's a bit of history lesson. Now, here is a way to check this visually if my last paragraph didn't make sense:
Acording to my Atlas, the entire state of Virginia lies further north according to cartographic measurements along the latitude than the city of St. Louis, therefore, ANY city north of Richmond Virginia can claim to be the Northernmost southern city in the US, not St. Louis which was never a southern state to begin with (read the conditions of the Missouri purchase).
--Now back to music--
Before we say that tech N9ne is not worldwide. Tech N9ne is worldwide, just not as exposed as Nelly. In Germany and france, and the Netherlands you will find tech N9ne (correct if I'm wrong). You will also find Nelly and many others. Also, Nelly has done more with a group of more worldwide renowned artists, i.e. NSYNC, which has given him an edge in that category. However, with the skill and run that tech N9ne is on right now, it may not be long before more Europeans (and Africans/Asians alike) purchase their copy of "AngEnfer" (closest translation of Anghellic in French).

On the matter of music, good point was made. ALL music does NOT have to be Gangsta. That is what seperate Tech and many others form the rest. However, as I said earlier, rapping simply on a different subject than what has come to be expected from rappers (ie money, pimpin, and killin) does not merit segregation. When Galeleio said that the sun was the center of the universe, the Roman Catholic church dismissed him as a heretic. When Columbus said the world was round and not flat, the world once again laughed. The first people to invent&introduce Rock music (and even hip-hop) were probably viewed as 'weirdos' of their age, however, today look at the truth and correctness of all those people.
Sure, today 'They one them called Tech N9NE' may be slammed as another freakoid, but like everyone else in this forum has said...it's ony a matter of time, and modern day hip hop's clock is ticking before Tecca Nina and others like him revolutionize the genre and bring more than what it is today.

Thanks yall for sittin thru my post. Whether it was borin or whatever, it had to be said to clear up some question marks.
(and what's with Nelly being in Training Day? Maybe he did #1, but I have yet to see his bandaged face on the screen. Oh, maybe he's in the green beetle that Denzel pulls over with the scared white kids and takes their weed and pipe...yea, that was him in the back seat.)

And on the closing note before I forget, I hope no one else recognizes or knows a city just because a rapper made reference to it in his song by 'representing' it. Let's stick to normal geography for now.

Pzz out.

Holla @ -( aim: BlackD151 )

Oct 6, 2002
BLACKD

JUST BROWSING THE THREADS, CAME ALONG THIS LITTLE ARGUMENT OF SORTS HERE. BLACKD YOU KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT MAN. THANX FOR THE HISTORY LESSON(ENLIGHTENMENT). YOU HAVE SOME REAL INSIGHT. TECH IS WORLD RENOWNED, IVE TALKED TO PEOPLE OVER THE NET IN VARIOUS PARTS OF EUROPE WHO HAVE HEARD OF HIM. HE IS A TRUE PIONEER MUCH LIKE KOOL HERC, E-40, AND FIRST DEGREE THE D.E. HIS STYLE IN MY OPINION IS THE MOST ORIGINAL OUT THERE BESIDES THE D.E. WHEN I FRST HEARD HIM ON ''GANG RELATED'' I WAS LIKE DAMN WHOS THIS, HES SICC. NO ONE CAN SEE HIS GATT TONGUE.

WHAT SCHOOL DID YOU SAY YOU WENT TO? ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH KAREEM RUSH? DID HE GO PRO? HOWS THE B-BALL OUT THERE?

Status
Not open for further replies.