Why does Gangsta Dre not get respect on the Siccness?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
I have been reading these threads for a long time and I never see Gangsta Dre get his Props for his contributions to the Sacramento Rap game. Gang Banging Poetry is a Sac Town Classic up there with C-Bo's Gas Chamber and many other Dope 916 albums. I know that Gangsta Dre hasn't released an album in a long time and that he probably doesn't even Rap anymore but Gangsta Dre, Jayda and Lil Pig Penn made great music together. I just want to see credit given to this man. How many Wigs were Spit back in the 90's from G's Bumping his music? And remember he was just 15 when he put his first album out. I would rather Knock Gangsta Dre any day over this tight jeans, Dopefiend, Gay Rap that I hear nowadays. Let's get back to that Grimy Real Gangsta Rap. Props to C-Dubb for sticking to Mobb Beats.

Jun 21, 2006
Gangsta dre is/was one of the dopest rappers outta sac

I always put gangbanging poetry in my top 5 sac albums. There are just a lot of classic Sacramento albums to chose from. I can understand why other people prefer other Sacramento artists.

From the nonfiktion album:

Last edited:
May 9, 2002
I have been reading these threads for a long time and I never see Gangsta Dre get his Props for his contributions to the Sacramento Rap game. Gang Banging Poetry is a Sac Town Classic up there with C-Bo's Gas Chamber and many other Dope 916 albums. I know that Gangsta Dre hasn't released an album in a long time and that he probably doesn't even Rap anymore but Gangsta Dre, Jayda and Lil Pig Penn made great music together. I just want to see credit given to this man. How many Wigs were Spit back in the 90's from G's Bumping his music? And remember he was just 15 when he put his first album out. I would rather Knock Gangsta Dre any day over this tight jeans, Dopefiend, Gay Rap that I hear nowadays. Let's get back to that Grimy Real Gangsta Rap. Props to C-Dubb for sticking to Mobb Beats.
When did Pigg make music with Dre and Jayda?

May 9, 2002
Feb 14, 2004
I listened to the snippets it’s old material on new beats... some shit I couldn’t recognize... I used to always want that yung roe album from ace high... he was a dope artist from Sacramento... so I just looked it up to see if it ever came out he has two songs with bueno and a full album...

Props: Mixerr
Feb 14, 2004

His first album would’ve been a classic

A gangsta dre, young jayda, and Sacramento roe album would be dope

Last edited:
Right on for all the positive feedback. I am glad that O.G. Gangsta Dre still gets much respect on the Siccness. I was just looking up Gangsta Dre on eBay and I realized that I never copped the album: Here comes the night - but they want $75.00 for it so I may have to listen to it on the internet. I still have my O.G. Press 1994 Gang Banging Poetry & 1998 Inner city Poet & a Best of Gangsta Dre album that gets Slapped in the car and in the house on a regular basis along with all of Hollow Tip's albums. Nothing but Nor Cal Fire being Bumped in the North High, No new booty raps allowed.