WHY!!!!!..Bay Area Please Stop Posting Videos Just To Do It...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
Lol This Thread Is Created To Hopefully Help Some Artist(s)!?..... What Im Trying To Say Is That Im Seeing More And More Videos From Bay Artist(s) That Have No Substance. In Todays World Anyone Can Buy a Camera And Shoot A Video But Its Not That Its Artist(s) Shooting Videos And Their Is No Vision What So Ever To IT..Just A Person Standing In front Of A Camera And Making Funny Faces While Rapping Or Singing!..Lets Go Back In Time To What Music Videos Were Consisted Of Shall We: Music Videos Were Created For One Purpose To Give The Fans/Listeners A Perspective View Of What The Song Means And A Visual Content To Help Boost A Song! What Im Seeing Now In Again Is The Opposite A Video That Shows Practically No Creativity And Nothing Major That Shows Any Perspective On What The Lyrics Mean.

Dont Want To Throw Names Out Their Due To Im Not Going To Put Anyone On Front Street But Please All Artist(s) And Labels Take A Look At What Your Putting Out Their And Make Your Videos A Reflection Of What The Song Really Means!!!

In This Case Quantity Does Not Mean Quality Lol

May 16, 2002
I feel you, but this video has raised the bar. Again, this is what I expect to see when people post a "video." Not the typical camcorder shots & trying to hide that fact with editing tricks. Or the park / parking lot / front of a house shots with 60 dudes in the background jumping around. This is proof independents can do more if we set our minds to it.

[video=youtube_share;3ldBrEyTn9M]http://youtu.be/3ldBrEyTn9M[/video]

May 16, 2002
Here is another one from a friend of mine. Showing the 831 is stepping it up as well.

[video=youtube_share;c2vIJvwHBC8]http://youtu.be/c2vIJvwHBC8[/video]

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
dont get me wrong those videos yall posted are excellent visions of what the song is !! very creative im not bringing this up for people who shoot their own videos im just saying be creative rather then sit in front of a camera

Ike Turner

CDCR_#k775281
Jul 17, 2011
South San Jose
[video=youtube;UzJ1ZklL5z8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzJ1ZklL5z8&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL75CB120ED4E55EBC[/video]
fuck the HD quality. rap video's aren't as good as they used to be

Jul 25, 2007
Maybe if the rappers had some real lyrical skills with substance? They can actually make a creative video? Its all cars, the homies gettin money, bitches and clothes so thats all your gonna see in their vids.

I wanna see a bay rapper come up with some real powerful lyrics and video to go with it like this.

[video=youtube;zqYFclG1hdw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqYFclG1hdw[/video]

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
I feel what ur sayin but this aint just a bay area problem....rap videos in general are lacking creativity these days...from the low buget shit to the majors
yes it is a worldwide issue in the music game but it effects bay area artist(s) in general....Creativity Is A Talent Not Given

70SAV

Sicc OG
Mar 1, 2006
Hey... I never saw that there Los Rakas/Krypto video before, but I'll tell you what... that shit is the f*ckin truth. Get it right! You can put it on the label! Dat shit is 100 Percent 70sav Approved!!

May 16, 2002
I feel what ur sayin but this aint just a bay area problem....rap videos in general are lacking creativity these days...from the low buget shit to the majors

Well said, filming / editing etc. Is much like the music business in the sense that it's not for everybody. Unfortunately, having a video editing program & youtube account makes it easy for untalented people to upload videos.

youtube is the new myspace / facebook for people in hope of being discovered.

And like it's already been stated in here, not everyone has creativity.