Whut u luv bumpin in da ride dat knocc like hell?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 1, 2002
Actually they do make a 10,000 watt amp it is made by JL or JBL i cant remember. I have it somewhere in a mag price tag is $7,000. But the reason he is bullshitting is becuz 2 15"s would blow up with that kind of power.

Feb 23, 2003
IMMACULANT said:
Actually they do make a 10,000 watt amp it is made by JL or JBL i cant remember. I have it somewhere in a mag price tag is $7,000. But the reason he is bullshitting is becuz 2 15"s would blow up with that kind of power.
WELL I WAS NOT SURE IF HE WAS BULLSHITTING OR NOT I'M STILL LEARNING ABOUT CAR SYSTEMS.. I HAVE 4"6 IN THE FRONT AND BACK, BUT NOW I'M REALLY CONCIDERING ON GETTING 2 12" IN THE TRUNK.. BUT I'M WONDERING IF I GET 2 12" POWER ACUSTIKS SUBS IN THE TRUNK WITH MAYBE 400 WATT AMP I WON'T NEED SHIT IN THE FRONT OR REAR DASH RIGHT??

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
here is a free tip about car systems.......

DONT NEGLECT THE MID-RANGE AND HIGH END SOUNDS.....

Just because you have a ton of bass in the trunk doesnt mean you're done with the system.....You would be amazed to see what 2 little 1" tweeters can do to your system.

I'm not sure what kind of car you got, but if you have 4x6's in the front and back.....you should be cool.....keep those....maybe upgrade the fronts to a component system.

Now if you are truely serious about building a system.....dont go cheap.....Power Acoustik subs are NOT the way to go.

Depending on your budget you can get a real decent system for a good price.

For myself i'm content with just a little bass......so i went with the following set up in my 97 Grand Am

Alpine CDA-9813 CD/MP3 Player
Rockford Fosgate Punch 301S Amp
Alpine Type-R SWR-1041D 10"
INFINITY 4 x 6 plates & factory tweeters(front)
Pioneer 6x9's (back)

All for around 800-900 bucks.

But for low end prices and decent quality.....i would say go with mostly pioneer shit. They make good quality decks and speakers...i've had these 6x9's for like 6 years and I had a Pioneer deck for 7 years before it got stolen.

Hope that helps.

Oct 9, 2002
I think that one Immaculant was talkin about was a 6000w amp by JBL. It was also just a prototype and was huge. Unless they have recently made a 10,000. But there isnt a sub that can take it that i know of. The MTX RFL 15 takes 6000 peak i think but i dont know how long it would last with that much on it.

Justin... as far as a system goes...definately get components with tweeters. JL audio also makes good subs and you can get a 10" for like $90. Ebay is also a great place to look for cheap stuff.

Peace

Apr 25, 2002
that new reek daddy and that game inflictied be havin me settin off niggas car alarms and knockin pictures of muthafukas luvd ones off tha wall

i got some beats for sale anyone want them hit me up in pm
i got2 10" infinity subs
2 "15 fosgate subs
2 "10 cerwin vega subs
1 JLW6 12" sub

1 directed class d amp w/ remote
1 alpine 4channel 200 watt amp

1 alpine dvd player w/o brainbox

2 pioneer cd decks..one being a future permier
1 panasonic deck all goin for a cuzzin price...i got boxes for all them speakers
im up in denver

Apr 25, 2002
techn9nehq said:
here is a free tip about car systems.......

DONT NEGLECT THE MID-RANGE AND HIGH END SOUNDS.....

Just because you have a ton of bass in the trunk doesnt mean you're done with the system.....You would be amazed to see what 2 little 1" tweeters can do to your system.

I'm not sure what kind of car you got, but if you have 4x6's in the front and back.....you should be cool.....keep those....maybe upgrade the fronts to a component system.

Now if you are truely serious about building a system.....dont go cheap.....Power Acoustik subs are NOT the way to go.

Depending on your budget you can get a real decent system for a good price.

For myself i'm content with just a little bass......so i went with the following set up in my 97 Grand Am

Alpine CDA-9813 CD/MP3 Player
Rockford Fosgate Punch 301S Amp
Alpine Type-R SWR-1041D 10"
INFINITY 4 x 6 plates & factory tweeters(front)
Pioneer 6x9's (back)

All for around 800-900 bucks.

But for low end prices and decent quality.....i would say go with mostly pioneer shit. They make good quality decks and speakers...i've had these 6x9's for like 6 years and I had a Pioneer deck for 7 years before it got stolen.

Hope that helps.
800 900$$??shitt that deck, speaker & amp cost more that alone...u either got tha plug or your homeboys be jackin

Nov 1, 2002
no it was a 10,000 watt amp i just cant find my mag or id know what it it. Also kicker 18" solobarics can handle a max of 10,000 watts.5.000-10,000 watts. with a price of $1599 each.

Oct 9, 2002
I have heard some 20000 watt+ systems and it is ridiculous. The only thing it is good for is competition but shit when you see and hear them it is pretty cool. I was thinkin about gettin one of those kicker 18's to replace my 12's buti didnt know they were that much damn!

Peace

Jan 12, 2003
Hey Justin, like nick said, dont forget about those other speakers. What i got and think is very good is that instead of having front and rear speakers in the car, i have a component set up front and the rear. So thats 4 tweeters instead of just 2. You'd be amazed at how good the sound gets filtered to the filter to perform its specified job. So now, you got 4 tweeters producing the highs and 4 speakers producing the mids. Now the other thing i have in my car is the 2 gauge power ran into a distributer block, so i can have another amp to power stuff. I use that amp to power a pair of 6x9's in my back dash.

Now, I got 2 component sets, a pair of 4-way 6x9's, w/ a pair of subs goin.

Trust me, you'll definately be heard. And even if you've got your subs off, you'll be heard for your other speakers, which also contribute to a great deal of having a great stereo.

And they all lived happily ever after.

THE END

Nov 1, 2002
yes u right. Any1 who would setup a system and not bother with the tweeters and mids sep. would be foolish. That makes your system just sound a whole lot better. I would never think about a sysytem without the 4 tweets and mids throughout the ride.