Who's the tightest West Coast lyricist?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
I can't believe how many average "rappers" are being listed. Anybody can "rap".....but there ain't that many actual LYRICISTS.

I think one of the tightest LYRICISTS from the West Coast is KILLA TAY. The boy got punchlines for days. I listen to his shit and it actually makes me say "ooooh.....where did he come up with that shit?"

151 is tight as fuck. If you ain't peeped "Code of the Street".....then ya'll are missin'. And wait till you hear him on the LAC of RESPECT album.

Skuntdunanna........he got so many punchlines he carries them in a semi-truck.

E-40......you already know.

And that's about it......I'm sure there are probably a couple more people that I can't think of right now but fuck it.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Cougnut(RIP) might have been straight up gangsta but the man had lyrics.
Skuntdunanna
E-40
Silas
Ras Kass
E-Sicc of Cold World Hustlers
Balance
LockSmith
The Riddla (Done Deal Ent)
C.O.L.A.
Maniak Loc

I know I am forgetting a few but those are my favorites as of right now.

Nuttkace

Feb 4, 2004
www.infamousent.com

Mr. D-Sane said:
I can't believe how many average "rappers" are being listed. Anybody can "rap".....but there ain't that many actual LYRICISTS.

I think one of the tightest LYRICISTS from the West Coast is KILLA TAY. The boy got punchlines for days. I listen to his shit and it actually makes me say "ooooh.....where did he come up with that shit?"

151 is tight as fuck. If you ain't peeped "Code of the Street".....then ya'll are missin'. And wait till you hear him on the LAC of RESPECT album.

Skuntdunanna........he got so many punchlines he carries them in a semi-truck.

E-40......you already know.

And that's about it......I'm sure there are probably a couple more people that I can't think of right now but fuck it.

I dont kno...Killa Tay...E-40....E-40 got Slanguistics...yea...But When i hear Lyricist...I think of someone like "Ras Kass" have u eva heard the song nature of the threat...those are LYRICS...I aint never heard none of them dudes u name say some LYRICAL shit...punchlines...umm...thats my style...but i dont even consider that to be lyrical...lyricist are someone who can paint a picture...like nas or slick rick on La di da di...and as far as byrdie and skuntdunduna...naw...i been here for like 5 years...and i heard OF them...and i even heard SKUNT on a promo or something...but i wasnt diggin wut i heard frum him...but nah...i neva heard byride cept on that UA track...take control or something like that

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
@DIGGZ....

I feel what you're sayin'....and that is definitely one aspect of lyricism - being able to verbally illustrate. But at the same time you have to be able to come with clever wordplay & metaphors. And creating your own slang in the process doesn't hurt either....especially when it becomes so popular that everybody n their mama is using it.

Too many people are doin' what everyone else is doin' though. Too many people sound like somebody else. You ain't feelin' Skunt? That's because you ain't heard anything like that before. I went and peeped your music.....you ain't wack bro.....but in my opinion there is nothing original about you. You sound like the average East Coast rapper to me.

And anybody that is serious about there business should know what the competition is doin'......you should do your homework and listen to other cats from the area.

Here's another ditty from Skunt.......it's called "So Many Rappers"

http://www.streetlevelrecords.com/mp3/SoManyRappers.mp3

Apr 14, 2003
Mr. D-Sane said:
@DIGGZ....

I feel what you're sayin'....and that is definitely one aspect of lyricism - being able to verbally illustrate. But at the same time you have to be able to come with clever wordplay & metaphors. And creating your own slang in the process doesn't hurt either....especially when it becomes so popular that everybody n their mama is using it.

Too many people are doin' what everyone else is doin' though. Too many people sound like somebody else. You ain't feelin' Skunt? That's because you ain't heard anything like that before. I went and peeped your music.....you ain't wack bro.....but in my opinion there is nothing original about you. You sound like the average East Coast rapper to me.

And anybody that is serious about there business should know what the competition is doin'......you should do your homework and listen to other cats from the area.

Here's another ditty from Skunt.......it's called "So Many Rappers"

http://www.streetlevelrecords.com/mp3/SoManyRappers.mp3
REAL SHIT MAN.
IM FEELIN SKUNTS LYRIKZ, LIKE THAT SONG LONG JAWS AND DICKHEADS...SHIT WAS FILTHY. EVERYONE SHOULD LISTEN TO THAT SHIT.... BUT AT THE SAME TIME THERES ALWAYS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE...
THEN THE LYRICISTS CAN FUCK SHIT UP....
BUT ME, I BUY ALBUMS MOSTLY BECAUSE I LIKE THE BEATS... IF THE BEATS AINT TIGHT THEN I WONT BUY IT..
I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT AN ALBUM BASED ON LYRICIST SHIT, EVEN IF THEY HAD WACK BEATS... IF THERE IS SOMEONE THAT TIGHT, WHERE THEY CAN HAVE NOT SO TIGHT BEATS AND MAKE DOPE TRACKS.... THATS A FUCKIN LYRICIST... YALL FEEL ME? IF NOT IM FADED SO FUCK IT..
HOLLA