Who's Dope Live ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
What I would like to see people include in this thread are people/groups from less obvious genres.
Maybe it is someone you don’t listen to a lot or don’t own any of their music. Maybe someone you stumble on by accident and just happened to catch them live. If you like, include why you think so highly of their live show.

For example:

I went and saw Femi Kuti live without hearing him before based off the strength of his father’s work. He was fantastic live. His band is huge and he runs all over and shit is crazy fun and the enthusiasm is contagious.

Just so happened that Zap Mama opened for him. At the time I didn’t know who they were. They were extremely dope live. They dance and sing and improvise and most of the members are hot(at least they were).

Both of the above I would have to say are so good live that I would recommend anyone to go see them live that likes music period. They’ll be sure to enjoy themselves.

Sorry if this has been done before, I'm not digging.

Nov 5, 2004
When I saw Santogold in Oct., the opening act was a group called Low Vs. Diamond. Never heard of them before, but they rocked the shit outta their set. I wound up picking up their album. It's really good.

Santogold puts on a sick ass show. Her vocals are as sick live as they are on her album.

But the best live show I ever went to was M.I.A.. Hands down.

Nov 5, 2004
Oh yea, the only really good rap show I went to was Nas. There wasn't 72 people on stage and he didn't have a gay ass hypeman rapping every 5th word for him.

Jan 9, 2009
busta rhymes
devin the dude
dj mixmaster mike
be your own pet
beastie boys
40oz to freedom (sublime cover band)
helmet
invisbl skratch piklz
george strait (first official event in Dallas's new $1bn stadium this summer!)
brooks n dunn

May 15, 2002
busta rhymes
devin the dude
dj mixmaster mike
be your own pet
beastie boys
40oz to freedom (sublime cover band)
helmet
invisbl skratch piklz
george strait (first official event in Dallas's new $1bn stadium this summer!)
brooks n dunn
Have you seen Badfish? They played here recently but I missed it. Although I'm not sure I'm a big enough sublime fan to see a Sublime COVER band.

Apr 25, 2002
Rappers:

The Coup has been great every time I've seen em live. Once they had some girl that played the sitar and their drummer is real good.

Redman & Methodman (together or solo) have been great every time I've seen em live.

Feb 7, 2006
What I would like to see people include in this thread are people/groups from less obvious genres.
Maybe it is someone you don’t listen to a lot or don’t own any of their music. Maybe someone you stumble on by accident and just happened to catch them live. If you like, include why you think so highly of their live show.

For example:

I went and saw Femi Kuti live without hearing him before based off the strength of his father’s work. He was fantastic live. His band is huge and he runs all over and shit is crazy fun and the enthusiasm is contagious.

Just so happened that Zap Mama opened for him. At the time I didn’t know who they were. They were extremely dope live. They dance and sing and improvise and most of the members are hot(at least they were).

Both of the above I would have to say are so good live that I would recommend anyone to go see them live that likes music period. They’ll be sure to enjoy themselves.

Sorry if this has been done before, I'm not digging.

Saw Zap MAMA probably 10 years ago live...AMAZING. only talked to Femi haven't seen him live would like to see him though.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Adding to my list from above:

Hootie & the Blowfish
Spin Doctors
Al Green
Dave Matthews Band

Hootie was bomb because they all did their own thing between songs. Darius would sing hooks to popular songs while the drummer would rock out. It was a very static concert, in which I enjoyed a lot.

DMB had crazy ass laser show that was second to none! Their show was at Busch Stadium in St. Louis. The entire experience blew my mind. I didn't even care for their music until that concert. My boy had a couple extra seats, so I jumped along for the ride.

The Spin Doctors are just fucking awesome. There's no explanation needed.

But seriously, if you get a chance to watch Tech N9ne live, you should. It's a visual spectacle. They definitely put any stage performance to shame.

Jan 2, 2003
I went to the I am Music tour wit Wayne got their kinda late Keyshia Cole peformance was horrible to me she just didnt seem into it T-Pain came clean coulda gave a lil bit extra but all 2gether a bit over par and of course Wayne I am a fan of dude but on stage he gives it his all proabably cuz thats the only money baby aint taking but the nigga went ape shit on stage gave me my moneys worth

Apr 23, 2008
Tech N9ne. Nickatina is NOT dope live. He stands there and raps his songs. His songs are sicc. But what is exciting or dope about his concert/performance? Seen him twice, only went the second time cuz he was opening for "that psycho you all know and love, my nigga, TECH N9NE!" Killswitch Engage is fucking crazy live. Kinda reminds me of Tech.