Who's Dope Live ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Pretty well known band, but Godsmack was def. one of the best bands I've ever seen live. They were touring on their self-titled CD I believe. Best stage performance I ever seen and best sounding too. I've never been to such a hype show in my life. I also agree that Tool puts on an amazing live show.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
hmmm

Foxy Shazam's the craziest and funnest set I've ever seen
Matchbook Romance was dope
Coheed & Cambria
The Dear Hunter
Avenged Sevenfold
The Fall of Troy
Alexisonfire
I saw Weezer in like 97 so all they had was the blue album and Pinkerton, probably the best show I've been to besides an evening with Coheed. Doubt they would be as good now though.

Mar 9, 2003
Katy Perry lmao.

Nekromantix was probably the worst for me. Even though I like a lot of their songs.. they're just boring live. I wish I could have been at a Hanatarash show.

Very inspiring...

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Thats some good noise shit right there
that reminds me, Lightning bolt...awesome live
I'd love to see Lightning Bolt live, that would be dope.

Speaking of noise bands I saw Coachwhips back in 2004 and that shit was awesome. I want to see John Dwyer's new band Thee Oh Sees live especially after I bought their live CD/DVD. Great stuff. Then again more or less anything Dwyer is part of rules.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Coheed & Cambria
Honestly, I've heard so much about these guys and then when I seen them in concert just a little while back with Slipknot, I thought they completely sucked. Maybe they sound better on album? Trivium sounded pretty cool live though.

I'm goin' to see Slipknot again in Arizona on the 5th. I'm gonna pay extra extra attention to Coheed & Cambria to see what's so great about these guys... cuz the first time around, I felt nothing. Do you think they sound a lot different live than on album? I've never heard them on album... was just wondering what you thought.

Jun 26, 2002
311! I was never a 311 fan.. but went to a show because The Roots went on first. I literally almost left after The Roots played but was glad I didn't. I have seen 311 two more times since then. (Once with Snoop Dogg who was dope live because he did all the oldies and Daz and Kurupt were there) They are one of those bands that is 10 times better live than their studio albums.

Which leads to another point.. The Roots are amazing live. Absolutely awesome.

I caught Gnarls Barkley live and they were a great time (again, much better live than studio)

I saw the Raconteurs live and they were great, mainly because Jack White is a BEAST on guitar.

The Black Keys.. they were someone I knew next to nothing about, and they were really good. A 2 piece band that really rocked the shit out of the show. Lots of Blues-Rock type shit.

Wu-Tang Clan is dope live if they all show up

Tech N9ne

Pepper (cool band from Hawaii)

Inner Circle (yes, the singers of "Bad Boys") are a dope reggae band to see live.

Stevie Wonder was a great live show too.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I've probably seen about 40 artists live, and my top 3 were the three non-rap performances that I saw:

Rage Against the Machine
Tom Petty (with Allman Bros and Black Crows)
The Machine (Floyd Cover Band)
George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic
Tech N9ne (Good when there aren't any juggalos)
Atmopshere (One AMAZING concert, one average concert, one bad concert)
Murs (Great solo and as Felt)
J5, the Roots, Nerd, etc.

I also saw DJ Danny Tenaglia when I was in Ibiza, Spain. I don't like techno much, but he put on an 8 hour long set that made me really respect what he did.

Tons and tons of average concerts I dont feel like naming.

Mentionable let downs: Wu-Tang, Nas, Bone Thugs.

My alltime favorite concert: NINJA TURTLES CONCERT TOUR circa 1990!

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Honestly, I've heard so much about these guys and then when I seen them in concert just a little while back with Slipknot, I thought they completely sucked. Maybe they sound better on album? Trivium sounded pretty cool live though.

I'm goin' to see Slipknot again in Arizona on the 5th. I'm gonna pay extra extra attention to Coheed & Cambria to see what's so great about these guys... cuz the first time around, I felt nothing. Do you think they sound a lot different live than on album? I've never heard them on album... was just wondering what you thought.
lol I've thought it was a horrible tour for them since they day I heard about it. I've seen them four times, back before their newest shittiest album so back then I enjoyed everything. But ya they're a better on record band because they use a lot of layered vocals and shit like that, even more on the newer stuff which is most of what they play now so it doesn't sound as good.