Who makes music like this?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
I listened to the first 4 and I like the music but couldn't tolerate the rapping....Also sounds like you guys are just saying random words

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
I THINK YOU GUYS GOT POTENTIAL AND ABOUT THE GENERAL SICCNESS CROWD THATS NOT RIGHT IT JUST DEPENDS ON WHAT MOOD YOUR IN.......I WOULD PLAY IT

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
^That's the normal reaction. If we explained the verses to you from bar by bar, your head would explode. Nothing by wisdom!
Well maybe you should dumb down your lyrics to something more understandable, so my head bobs rather than exploding :cheeky:

May 16, 2002
^That's the normal reaction. If we explained the verses to you from bar by bar, your head would explode. Nothing by wisdom!

I tend to believe in the art of story telling. For Hip Hop heads, they usually have a big head about things and tend to look down on people who don't understand they're lyrics. The beat can be off or with no rhythm and the artist comes off lyrical.

However, the reality is it's just a bunch of gibberish that makes sense to only you and the majority of people listen to music for the beat & hook / entertainment purposes. Not a lecture or a mental jig saw puzzle. ESFCE is sort of right. Maybe you should work on mastering both in making heads bop & still keep it lyrical. Like Xzibit's first 2 albums, Wu-Tang's (Only Built For Cuban Linx etc.) the early work.

If an artist has to explain his lyrics to set up a song he's wasting his time. It's a lose lose situation for the simple fact that the majority of people don't give a shit in the end.

Don't be anal about it and don't do it to laugh at people and say they're stupid for not understanding your lyrics. That's the only satisfaction your going to get out of it. If someone doesn't understand your lyrics & you brag about heads exploding if you explained them: perhaps your not as good as you thought you were in telling a story over a beat.

Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
If an artist has to explain his lyrics to set up a song he's wasting his time. It's a lose lose situation for the simple fact that the majority of people don't give a shit in the end.

Don't be anal about it and don't do it to laugh at people and say they're stupid for not understanding your lyrics. That's the only satisfaction your going to get out of it. If someone doesn't understand your lyrics & you brag about heads exploding if you explained them: perhaps your not as good as you thought you were in telling a story over a beat.....your delivery really throws the songs off as well, not to mention the mixing is off and distorted at times
well said

The delivery isnt clear enough to really decipher what message it is you are trying to convey, and he's right, the only one that can really tell what it is your talking about is you....most of the cats on here arent gonna feel it because it only makes sense to you...I like how you tried to do something different and using those dubstep type beats or whatever....but writing in depth creative lyrics is more than just making some words rhyme and glueing rhyming lines together with filler lyrics.

i tried listenin to the first 4, and i gave up after that Sunny Deliught track man, that was the nail in the coffin for me,just not feelin it homie...sorry

You shouldnt have to explain your lyrics, your lyrics should explain themselves...but it does sound like you had some fun making "music" that YOU like and feel, and as long as you are happy with the final product and did it for the love of making music...then other opinions wont matter to you. I honestly have no clue what you were talkin about on any of those tracks...

Now if your trying to appeal to a mass market or sell records i think you may want to rethink some aspects of your strategy

Apr 25, 2002
word to the last 2 posters.

having to explain your lyrics for someone to understand them is like explaining a joke after you bombed.

i listened to the first track for maybe 10 bars and i couldnt take it. wasnt feeling the vocal delivery. at all. sounds like you just wrote the L's and read them from the paper. if your gonna do that, just act like you aint.

good luck tho.