who is the next midwest rapper to shine in 2009

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2004
Man IF D-LOCC DA CHOP soundscan can generate enuff buz to the majors by the time his next cd drops he will be up next, but so far MON E G the only one who got a major deal with POE BOY the only thing about it is nobody in KC fucks with MON.E.G music
he is more like A KC artist with a southern sound ya dig.
It's like he's kissing alot southern artist ass to be noticed but ain't nobody really bump
no SSP shit.
Kissin Ass? Southern Sound? LOL...Mon E G and SSP been puttin music out since 89-90 and his rap style hasnt changed very much. But aside from that, I agree that Kansas City doesnt really get behind his shit and it always perplexes me of why not? I think his music has always been good and he is real, with more street cred than any other KC artist (yes including Fat Tone and The Factor yeah I said it) And not that this should matter but I know how these knuckle heads think. But I hope everybody tryin to do something in the town blow up cuz its time we get somethin crackin.

Jul 16, 2008
Man MON.E.G might have street cred but the question is DOES HE HAVE FANS???
You ain't gonna catch nobody singing no MON.E.G shit WHY??? BECUZ He Don't be
on no KANSAS CITY shit 4real he sounds like a florida artist, BUM E G took a song
COOL AND DRE did and remade it THAT chevy ridin high shit is old man hes a
FUCKIN biter.

Aug 31, 2005
I see theres some hate about my nig Mone

all that crap about blueprint not being laid down is crazy...

I guess as the city will see T.J's name rise in 2009
DAMN U IGNORANT! 1ST OF ALL OPINIONS IS NOT HATE...IT'S A FORUM, SO PEOPLE DISCUSS THEIR THOUGHTS. NOBODY SAID ANYTHING DISRESPECTFUL ABOUT THE KID. I EVEN SAID HE GOT SOME BARS

BLUE PRINT AINT LAID DOWN RIGHT!!! I SAID THAT YEP, IF U CAN'T LOCK YA CITY DOWN...YOU CAN'T LOCK ANOTHA CITY DOWN. THERE FOR YOU HAVE NO SOLID FANBASE TO BLOW ELSEWHERE
I TALKED TO HIS CEO WHEN THEY WAS TRYIN TO GET THAT "CHEVY" RECORD POPPIN, TOLD HIM WHAT I THOUGHT THEY SHOULD DO....GUESS THEY AIN'T AGREE...
WE DID THE SAME BLUEPRINT W/ CASH IMAGE'S "CHEVY" SONG AND THE WHOLE CITY SEEN THE RESULTS. AGAIN THAT RECORD PRETTY MUCH DEADED THE OTHER "CHEVY" SONG

AS FAR AS T.J., YOU WAS POPPIN THAT SAME SHIT BOUT HOLLY.......WHERE HE AT AS FAR AS GETTIN BUSY?
I WISH TJ THE BEST, YOU DEFINITELY DON'T HAVE A TRACK RECORD AS FAR AS GETTIN ANYTHING POPPIN IN THE TOWN...YOU TO BIG TIME FOR KC REMEMBER

YEAH KC IS FULL OF ALOT OF CRABS IN THE BUCKET, EVERY CITY IS. YOU JUST GOTTA PLOW THREW THAT SHIT!

YOU THINK I DON'T DEAL WITH THAT SHIT??? THEM HATERS IS MY FUCKIN PROMO TEAM!

CONGRATS TO MON E G ON THE DEAL

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE NEXT TIME HOMEBOY

Jun 24, 2004
Wow.... Mutt tryin to tell me how to conduct Bizzness thats a JOKE...Man FIRST YOU GET MAJOR PLACEMENTS, CHECKS FROM CBS & EMI THEN can you try to begain to open your mouth.

Nope I dont need a track record with a local dj..or so you say you a DJ(or around town hell whos gonna pay me?)...Im between ATL, NY & LA conducting BIZNESS homie...MAJOR LABLE bizzness..U should try that sometimes.

Hell Holly has a lotta talent , we have a big brotha lilttle brotha relastionship we butt heads all the time but im there for him when hes's ready..TJ has one of the hottest records out "Money to be made" and a lotta DJs are fucking with it...PERIOD. (see the post I made about the DJs)

But thats JUST MY OPINION

Jun 24, 2004
I will tell you this...You wander why some get up out KC and only come back to visit fam and whatnot and dont try to help the local scene..."KC is full of haters D , im not fucking with anyone there"

We considered doing producer/dj conference w producers from KC who have worked on multiplatinum projects and film & TV.

Niggaz in town right now for the holidays..Dont wanna get out and meet with "local" niggaz trying to come up. because of all that BS

I will be back in ATL/NY after the new yrs. I will continue to read this blog.

Jul 7, 2002
I think the town collectively needs to stop talking so much and actually start doing.

Everyone always talks about how bad ass they are and how they have the next hit, but NOBODY ever does anything with it, and it seems like whenever somebody gets some radio success with 103 they act like it ends there. KC has some real talented cats, but nobody outside of the metro knows about em or will know about em.

It's like nobody has the total package. Like Tech has the touring thing down and a large fanbase, but he can't crack the radio market. Then you got a cat like Rich who has the hustle of music down to a science, but can't deliver the kind of product that will put you on nationally. Then there are cats like Cash Image who have the local hit, but don't have the support system to take it to the rest of the nation.

We have all this talent, but nobody seems to be able to pull it all together.

May 20, 2006
For the record i'll still be in area codes 816 & 913 next year. East Side KCMO baby....lol

btw I totally agree with everything Heat Myser said. KC will never change, ya'll gotta Show-Me.

Aug 31, 2005
Wow.... Mutt tryin to tell me how to conduct Bizzness thats a JOKE...Man FIRST YOU GET MAJOR PLACEMENTS, CHECKS FROM CBS & EMI THEN can you try to begain to open your mouth.

Nope I dont need a track record with a local dj..or so you say you a DJ(or around town hell whos gonna pay me?)...Im between ATL, NY & LA conducting BIZNESS homie...MAJOR LABLE bizzness..U should try that sometimes.

Hell Holly has a lotta talent , we have a big brotha lilttle brotha relastionship we butt heads all the time but im there for him when hes's ready..TJ has one of the hottest records out "Money to be made" and a lotta DJs are fucking with it...PERIOD. (see the post I made about the DJs)

But thats JUST MY OPINION
LMAO!!! U A FOOL WIT IT FO REEL...

I'MA RESPOND TO U THIS LAST TIME AND FALLBAKC, SINCE U OBVIOUSLY ARE IN ANOTHA WORLD AND EVERYTHING I SAID WENT OVER YOUR HEAD

1. NEVER MENTIONED OR HINTED AT THE WAY U CONDUCT YOUR B.I.

2. I'M NOT A PRODUCER, SO I'M SURE I'M NOT GON GET ANY PLACEMENTS ANYTIME SOON. I GOT SEVERAL PRODUCERS I WORK WIT THO, THAT GOT MAJOR PLACEMENTS-AS I TYPE

3. TRACK RECORD WITH A LOCAL DJ? THAT AIN'T EVEN WORDED RIGHT. I SAID U HAVE NO TRACK RECORD FOR MAKIN ANYTHING POP IN KC(FACT)

4. I NEVER CALLED MYSELF A DJ(EVEN THO I CAN, BETTER THAN MOST OF YOUR FRIEND). U HAVE NEVER SEEN THOSE 2 LETTERS ATTACHED TO MY NAME. I HATE THAT LABEL

5. LOCAL, LOL! U NOT THE ONLY PERSON THAT BE O.T.....I'M NOT EVEN FROM KC. I BE WIGGLIN ALOT, JUST LIKE MANY OTHER'S THAT REP THA TOWN

6.AIN'T GOT NOTHIN BAD TO SAY BOUT HOLLY, YOU WAS ACTIN LIKE HE WAS "ON DECK" THO AND NOTHIN MATERIALIZED

DO SOMETHIN POSITIVE FOR THE TOWN, HELP SOME CATS OUT SINCE YOU THE "ONLY ONE IN THE GAME" HERE IN KC. QUIT BUMPIN YOUR GUMS ABOUT WHAT YOU DOIN AND LET YA ACTIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!

I AGREE W/ MATT TOO...NO ONE HAS THREW THAT TOTAL PACKAGE OUT THERE FOR THE PEOPLE EITHER

Jun 24, 2004
Mutt, do you as I continue to say keep blowing steam up these cats sites like you have been doing...If its in the cards talent will reach its destination....

I dont need a track record w KC ...What dont you understand? LOL...Talent will find its destination ....If you have talent i.e. rap, produce, host street tapes ect...YOU WILL GET OUTTA KC

Now back to composing.........

Feb 8, 2003
ON LOCK WIT WHAT??? I AINT SEEN NO PRODUCT NOWHERE...I DON'T REALLY HEAR HIS NAME COME UP MUCH AS FAR AS POPPIN WIT THA MUSIC IN THE STREETZ OF KC.

LAST TIME HIS NAME WUZ BUZZIN IS WHEN HIM AND VAN BRUNT HAD SOME DISS RECORDS OUT.

KEY WORD! GUEST FEATURES DON'T MAKE ARTIST......SONG IS LIKE 2 YEARS OLD TOO. KOOL VIDEO, BUT IF THE GENERAL PUBLIC DON'T SEE IT, IT'S PRETTY MUCH IRRELEVANT. IT'S A REMIX, CASH IMAGE'S "CHEVY" SONG PRETTY MUCH STOPPED THAT SONG FROM GENRATING A REAL BUZZ.

THE PEOPLE MADE THAT DECISION............HE GOT SOME TALENT, BUT THE BLUEPRINT AIN'T LAID DOWN RIGHT

No disrespect but after i read them two replies you kinda seem like a hater and a fame blocker to any other artist out your town thats not you.

Far as the thread on whos next to shine in teh midwest I dont think no one new will shine on the mainstream level. Its gonna be the same artists as always Kanye West, Bone Thugs, Twista, Lupe, Common.

And Tech N9ne will run the indy scene like always

Aug 31, 2005
No disrespect but after i read them two replies you kinda seem like a hater and a fame blocker to any other artist out your town thats not you.

Far as the thread on whos next to shine in teh midwest I dont think no one new will shine on the mainstream level. Its gonna be the same artists as always Kanye West, Bone Thugs, Twista, Lupe, Common.

And Tech N9ne will run the indy scene like always
NO DISRESPECT TAKEN HOMIE

I THINK HE GOT BARS....
KOOL VIDEO,

HE GOT SOME TALENT, BUT THE BLUEPRINT AIN'T LAID DOWN RIGHT
CONGRATS TO MON E G ON THE DEAL
NOT EXACTLY HATERIZM IN MY BOOK HOMIE...

I WAS JUST RESPONDIN TO MAFIAQUEEN AS TO WHY I DON'T THINK THE DUDE IS NEXT UP.

I ACTUALLY DO ALOT FOR LOCAL ARTIST IN KC, THE BRAND ME & THE HOMIE ROB-1-DER(THA STREETMONSTAZ) BUILT IS WELL RESPECTED AND REPTABLE IN THE STREETZ & GAME OF K.C. & NATIONWIDE. WE ALWAYS DOWN TO HELP ANYONE TRYIN TO PUT ON FOR THE CITY, WE WORK W/ ANYONE THAT HAS LEGITIMATE GOALS IN THIS BIZ. THERES ALOT OF SHIT THAT GO ON BEHINDS THE SCENE THAT WE DO. WE JUST DON'T PUT IT OUT THERE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT HAS HELPED LOCALS & BRING SOME LIGHT TO THE CITY. THE WHOLE TOWN HAS BENEFITED FROM OUR PRESENCE.

ONLY PEOPLE THAT WOULD PROLLY SPEAK NEGATIVE IS ANOTHA DJ...U KNOW HOW THAT GOES

I AGREE THAT NO ONE NEW WILL PROLLY GET SOME MAINSTREAM SHINE BESIDES KID CUDI...

SOME OTHER FOLKS THAT DROP GOOD MATERIAL OUT THE MIDWEST ARE XV & AMPICHINO, THERES ALOT OF TALENT HERE IN THE MIDWEST!!