Who Is Really Worthy Of Carrying The Torch In The BAY?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cio

Aug 24, 2012
San Francisco
www.reverbnation.com
I remember a time in the Bay when there was about 15 rappers or so from Oakland to EPA to SF to Valley Joe to SAC who lit the torch for us and paved the path for those to follow (during a time where there wasn't the same technology and millions of producers and mics online and ish)....those pioneers built our foundation here in the Bay such as cats like 40, Mac Dre and GLP...(although Heiro is part of that era, they have a different torch lit and have a whole different school of listeners and what not) Im talking bout the Totally Insanes and Click shits...
Slowly but surely came the hoards of new Emcees into the game left and right and today there are too many rappers to even talk about....but who is worthy of carrying the torch that was lit by the true Bay area legends??? One person in my eyes for sure carrying the torch is J Stalin keeping it lit... Other then that y'all lace me up..Once the hoards showed up I kind of backed up from the Bay scene for a minute to let it all unravel....and from all of it I can truly say that J Stalin shits on the game nationally....but thats just me...one love and spread peace.....SPUPO-Spread peace, unify, produce and OWN!!!!inspired by my homie A-1's Thurl

Dec 14, 2011
Sacramento
I remember a time in the Bay when there was about 15 rappers or so from Oakland to EPA to SF to Valley Joe to SAC who lit the torch for us and paved the path for those to follow (during a time where there wasn't the same technology and millions of producers and mics online and ish)....those pioneers built our foundation here in the Bay such as cats like 40, Mac Dre and GLP...(although Heiro is part of that era, they have a different torch lit and have a whole different school of listeners and what not) Im talking bout the Totally Insanes and Click shits...
Slowly but surely came the hoards of new Emcees into the game left and right and today there are too many rappers to even talk about....but who is worthy of carrying the torch that was lit by the true Bay area legends??? One person in my eyes for sure carrying the torch is J Stalin keeping it lit... Other then that y'all lace me up..Once the hoards showed up I kind of backed up from the Bay scene for a minute to let it all unravel....and from all of it I can truly say that J Stalin shits on the game nationally....but thats just me...one love and spread peace.....SPUPO-Spread peace, unify, produce and OWN!!!!inspired by my homie A-1's Thurl
alot of people here will say Crazie Locs for some insane reason