Who Is Really Worthy Of Carrying The Torch In The BAY?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 16, 2006
y'all naming dudes that aint even able to carry the torch for their cities let alone the bay. hd, awax got dudes in they own city as big as them or bigger that aint fucking with them so they own city aint never going to unite behind them let alone the whole bay. i think they both good artists, but due to street politics, the dissing shit they never going to reach they full level of popularity equal to their talent.

Props: Cio

Cio

Aug 24, 2012
San Francisco
www.reverbnation.com
urrrrrayyyyy

Stalin is already one of the cats carrying the torch 4 sho IMO also..... thanks for the heads up cuz the other post i did also got mentioned a few months back. i don't take things in a negative way, its all good. I'm just passionate about our rich culture in the Bay. I've gotten some funny reactions when I tell folks, naw man i really never listened to stuff from NYC or the east coast till the late 90's early mill... and they be like man u dont know about Hiphop then....man Too Shorts first album dropped in 83, he was rappin way before that, the first Hiphop song to be played on the radio was in 1978 by Curtis Blow, in other words 5 years later Short made a classic, my point is how could i be be knocked for not letting myself get distracted by other music when we had our own oldschool here in the Bay and the golden era...thats why now im really wondering who is worthy of carrying the torch and in my opinion one of the first cats to come to mind is Stalin and live wire, they remind me of Quinn and Glp in the early 90's. Anyhow I appreciate the feedback, and I have been listening to the folks you are saying...thanks for lacing up a g...im so hesitant to listen to new stuff now in days cuz it seems like the roots are lost and there is just quantity over quality and more like a popularity contest...and plus now anybody could record and be on the internet but at some point it wasn't like that, not just anybody could get on the mic...i still feel that way

Props: Reegz
Feb 18, 2006
philthy only one i feelin right now, when ap 9 drops another , i'll say him too, a little j stallin. e 40 last double albums where coo, but too many tracks i skiped.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I am extremely biased but I feel like
Stalin
Philthy
Roach Gigz
IamSu
Berner
And the reason why I feel them is because they have different audiences but are all doing major things individually. Stalin and Philthy have the streets. Roach has the Internet and touring. Iamsu has radio and some major production placements while Berner is doing things worldwide with Taylor Gang. Not to mention they all work with me.
Berner is in the best position now, he can reach a much wider audience.

Props: sjzilla
May 6, 2008
30's East Oakland, Ca
I am extremely biased but I feel like
Stalin
Philthy
Roach Gigz
IamSu
Berner
And the reason why I feel them is because they have different audiences but are all doing major things individually. Stalin and Philthy have the streets. Roach has the Internet and touring. Iamsu has radio and some major production placements while Berner is doing things worldwide with Taylor Gang. Not to mention they all work with me.
Looks like a good list, I can't speak for Roach Gigz don't really know about dude, I respect that he's doin his thing right now an makin that work for him. Just aint my style.