WHO IN THE 408 RECENTLY SOLD OVER

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 14, 2002
THATS REAL GOOD.I WAS JUST HERE THINKIN WHO HAS SOLD 5000 STRONG.I MUST SAY WHEN IT COMES TO OUR AREA WE REALLY DONT SUPORT EACH OTHER.THE OTHER DAY I WAS ON THE EAST SIDE NEAR DAVID AND SON LIQUERS TALKIN WITH SOME YOUNGSTER CRIPS.ONE OF THEM HAD SAID THAT HE WOULD NEVER BUY A SAN JO CD EVEN IF IT WAS HIS HOMIES.I COULDNT BELIVE IT I WAS LIKE DAMN DOG YOU WONT EVEN SUPORT YOUR OWN.HE WAS LIKE FUCK THAT IF I DONT GET IT FREE OR BURNED I AINT TRIPPIN.I FEEL WITH CATS LIKE THAT SAN JO WILL NEVER COME OUT AND BE A SERIOUS FACTOR IN THE GAME WITH OUT A MAJOR LABLE PUSH.:cry:

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
Yea, Riko....your right. I have had people tell me that to my face as I try to sell them a cd. It's amazing how thangs can be that way but hey....I guess that's the way of the zae playa.

I do feel San Jose can blow up...I haven't lost faith homie...we just gotta be innovator's. What we been doin is takin our hustle to other regions of this BIG country of ours...like the South & believe me...when you hear HC2C Vol. 2 ya gonna flip ya fucken wig....cause we did it again, but better. I think the key is to keep trying NEW things until something works. We can't expect our city to love us just on the simple fact that we are from here. Nowadays that just aint enough for folks cause they are so caught up in what's "major" and not being burned by a small independent's so-called get rich quick money schemes by dropping BOOTY ASS albums every 3 month's.

Folks are fed up with being burned I think. Also, San Jose is a funny makret man...it's hard to convince our folks that our city has talent that can compete with the talent coming out of all other parts of the bay. It sucks but it's true...

For example, my folks at CTR are gettin madd love in Texas so that is something Kalani is shootin at hard with this Simply Sicc album. They were gettin love off that Ryda Thugs cut on the BNB Compilation out there so Kalani is gonna try and feed off that from the convo I had with him a while back.

I can't express enough how dope HC2C Vol. 2 is man....we hit some major areas this time and some sick ass artists. Be on the look out!

PR.

May 14, 2002
YEAH YOU RIGHT.ALOT OF THE INDIES HAVE DROPPED GARBAGE ASS CDS AND LOST FANS/OR NEVER GAINED FANS IN THE PROCESS.I JUST THINK SAN JO HAS MORE TALENT THEN WHAT MOTHERFUCKERS GIVE IT.THATS WHY I ALWAYS SHOOT A CAT COMMING UP A SOME BREAD FOR THERE CD AND I ALWAYS TELL PEEPS SUPORT HOMIES SHIT.JUST LIKE THE REESE CD I LET MY HOMIES KNOW ABOUT IT PLAYED IT FOR THEM TOLD THEM WHAT SONGS I FELT AND THAT OVERALL ITS A SOLID ALBUM THAT DESERVES OUR SUPORT.I JUST THINK MOTHERFUCKERS NEED TO GIVE THE LOCAL CATS A CHANCE.I DONT MEAN FOR MYSELF I HAVE EXITED THE GAME AND LIVE STRESS FREE BECAUSE OF IT.i ALSO REALIZED I DONT HAVE THE LYRICAL SAVY THAT ALOT OF CATS HAVE I MAY HAVE POPPED IN 95 BUT ITS A WHOLE NEW GAME NOW.I EVEN TOLD A KNOWN SAN JO CAMP THAT THEY CAN KEEP THE CONTRACT.THERE LIL PROMISES WONT MAKE ME OR BREAK ME YOU FEEL.408 SUPORT YOUR LOCAL RAPPERS!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
RIKOLOKO said:
YEAH YOU RIGHT.ALOT OF THE INDIES HAVE DROPPED GARBAGE ASS CDS AND LOST FANS/OR NEVER GAINED FANS IN THE PROCESS.I JUST THINK SAN JO HAS MORE TALENT THEN WHAT MOTHERFUCKERS GIVE IT.THATS WHY I ALWAYS SHOOT A CAT COMMING UP A SOME BREAD FOR THERE CD AND I ALWAYS TELL PEEPS SUPORT HOMIES SHIT.JUST LIKE THE REESE CD I LET MY HOMIES KNOW ABOUT IT PLAYED IT FOR THEM TOLD THEM WHAT SONGS I FELT AND THAT OVERALL ITS A SOLID ALBUM THAT DESERVES OUR SUPORT.I JUST THINK MOTHERFUCKERS NEED TO GIVE THE LOCAL CATS A CHANCE.I DONT MEAN FOR MYSELF I HAVE EXITED THE GAME AND LIVE STRESS FREE BECAUSE OF IT.i ALSO REALIZED I DONT HAVE THE LYRICAL SAVY THAT ALOT OF CATS HAVE I MAY HAVE POPPED IN 95 BUT ITS A WHOLE NEW GAME NOW.I EVEN TOLD A KNOWN SAN JO CAMP THAT THEY CAN KEEP THE CONTRACT.THERE LIL PROMISES WONT MAKE ME OR BREAK ME YOU FEEL.408 SUPORT YOUR LOCAL RAPPERS!!!!

I can dig it....nuff respect on that therrr response man. I feel you to the fullest. Glad we can hold convo's like this here on the Siccness now and show that the 408 is doin it live...

PR.

PR.

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
@ MONEY TREE - It's about done man. I got 18 tracks now total and Doggmatik & Mine's count for 20...Ain't even room for a skit like we did on the last one....right now we getting the artwork ideas goin and bout to jump on that. The only other one we are taking submissions for now is the Spoken Word Project.

PR.

May 8, 2002
OKAY GUYZ I DON'T KNOW IF I'M GOING OFF THE SUBJECT HERE OR NOT, BUT THE OTHER DAY I GAVE MY SON SOMEONES CD N' HE WAS LIKE WHERE IS THIS GUY FROM N' I TOLD HIM N' HE SAID I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO HIM I RATHER LISTEN TO NELLY, TUPAC OR SO ON N' I SAID WHY? HE SAID BCUZ SAN JO DOESN'T HAVE ANY GOOD RAPPERS N' I WAS LIKE HOLD UP WAIT, YOUR ALWAYS TELLING ME IT'S ALL ABOUT SAN JO N' THE EASTSIDE BUT WHEN IT COMES TO RAPPERS FRM THE BAY AREA, YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR THEM. IF U NEVER HEARD TUPAC BEFORE N' I GAVE YOU A CD WOULD YOU HAVE LISTEN TO HIM... HE SMILED AT ME N' CHANGED THE SUBJECT.

I GUESS SAN JO DOESN'T PROMOTE UP COMING ONES TOO MUCH N' IT'S SAD. PEEPS CLAIMING TO BE FRM SAN JO BUT YET THEY DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT NEW TALENT. IT'S ASHAME. IF YOUR GOING TO CLAIM OR BE PROUD OF WHERE U FRM THAN YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF WHATEVER TALENT IS COMING OUT AS WELL.

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
MIJA said:
I GUESS SAN JO DOESN'T PROMOTE UP COMING ONES TOO MUCH N' IT'S SAD. PEEPS CLAIMING TO BE FRM SAN JO BUT YET THEY DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT NEW TALENT. IT'S ASHAME. IF YOUR GOING TO CLAIM OR BE PROUD OF WHERE U FRM THAN YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF WHATEVER TALENT IS COMING OUT AS WELL.
1st of all, you ain't off topic...ya right on. 2nd of all...I feel you on what I just quoted you on. Being a small & I mean small label from San Jose it makes it so hard to deal with that shyt. Nobody wants to hear your shyt cause there is a rapper or a label on every corner trying to sell you a dream....including us.

That's why I stick to my guns and say ya gotta be an innovator and try new thangs....eventually they will catch on & respect ya hustle and maybe even dig ya music while they at it.

PR.

May 14, 2002
MIJA,YOUR SON IS LIKE MOST CONSUMERS ONLY THE BIG LABLES GOT THE BREAD TO GET IN THESE KIDS HEADS.IF YOU ASKED ME IN 92 THAT A RAPPER NAMED NELLY WAS GONNA BLOW BEFORE ANYBODY IN THE BAY SINCE 40 I WOULD HAVE LAUGHED BUT UNIVERSAL HAS THE MONEY TO PUT THAT STUFF IN OUR EAR.IM NOT SAYIN NELLY ISNT TALENTED BUT WHY HAS THE BAY IN GENERAL HAS BEEN OVER LOOKED?WHY ARE THESE LOCAL DISTRIBUTORS PUTTIN OUT THE SAME 7 CATS OUT IF YOUR NOT FROM GET LOWS FRISCO CAMP OR RIDE ON SEVERAL OTHER RAPPERS/CAMPS COAT TAILS (THIS IS KINDA THE SUBJECT REESE BROUGHT UP RECENTLY)YOU WONT GET YOUR ALBUM IN EVERY STORE AND I DONT CARE WHAT A PERSON SAYS CONSIGHNMENTS VERY VERY DIFFICULT UNLESS YOU LIVE AT HOME WITH YOUR PARENTS.MOST OF US WORK AND IT GIVES US LESS TIME TO GET OUR PRODUCTS IN STORES.I THINK ITS A LOSING BATTLE WITH OUT DISTIRIBUTION THATS REAL TALK.THE MORE STORES YOUR IN THE MORE YOU WILL SELL THE BETTER THE LYRICS THE MORE YOU SELL THE BETTER THE PRODUCTOION THE MORE YOU WILL SELL THE MORE ADS IN THE SOURCE YOU HAVE THE MORE YOU SELL.ITS ALL MATHMATICS.RIKOLOKO

Apr 25, 2002
SAN JO

San Jo does have alot of talent, but there are also alot of garbage sounding albums that have popped off here and there in the SJ. Personally the only albums I have bought were from CTR, Criminal records, and Dugout.. I got turned on to CTR when I was given' a tape from (I believe to be) Kalani's mom. I was at the pad for his cousins baby shower almost three yr's ago. They opened my eyes up with that comp. since it had alot of features from SJ. I heard that Full clip album b4 that thru a homie and got turned on to Gangsta Rees thru that, and the CTR albums...
Anyway's people from SJ do need to start supporting SJ rappers, musicians. etc...

:dead:

Apr 25, 2002
Cool IG

I've also seen you perform at The Victory Outreach sessions a couple times also..(when it was on 6th & taylor) Where are they now???
Keep the street gospel coming....
:dead:

May 8, 2002
Re: @ IG

Brother Ig said:
Right on homie..We on Monterey Road going out toward Morgan Hill bro we got land finally like 21 acres. come see us bro!

GOD BLESS
WHERE ABOUTS? I NEED TO TAKE MY SON BACK TO CHURCH OR SHOULD I SAY I SHOULD BE GOING BACK TO CHURCH..... LET ME KNOW YOUR GUYS HOURS N' WHAT DAYS AS WELL.

Jun 10, 2002
www.brotherig.com
hola Mija

thats good your thinking of going back. its always a GOOD THING ya know. if you take 101 south get off on Bernal head up Monterey road towards Morgan Hill you'll pas s a few lights then when you pass PALM Rd. your gonna make the next light on Live Oak Road, turn back around back down Monterey Road were on 1000 Monterey Rd. you'll see a BIG O' TENT. fridays @ 7:30pm , sun 10 am & sun night 5:00pm

see ya