Who here has sent out a demo???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
I know there are alot of artists on the siccness...

who here has actually recorded a demo and sent it to a label?

which label?
Did demos a few years back. Def Jam, Universal, Sony, Interscope. The Def Jam A&R was diggin' the fuck out of one of the songs, but told us to change the format to make it a club joint. We told him it wasn't a club song, said we wouldn't change it, and went on our way.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
when i was a kid i used to get the addresses from video game magazines and i mailed them game ideas complete with little drawings and what the game would be about and what you would do in it

do i remember if my ideas were used? no. i was a little ass kid.

musta been heartwarming though, im sure my letter was like on the wall at the company or some shit

i just liked video games so much i wanted to see the games i wanted to be made, be made. dunno why i thought theyd just do it, i just felt like they would listen to me.

May 4, 2005
Sending demos dont work. Its a new day and age. Better Drop and album and hit the streets up and down the west coast.

And that prlly aint going to work... its all about that indy game... and aint much of that left either.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
when i was a kid i used to get the addresses from video game magazines and i mailed them game ideas complete with little drawings and what the game would be about and what you would do in it

do i remember if my ideas were used? no. i was a little ass kid.

musta been heartwarming though, im sure my letter was like on the wall at the company or some shit

i just liked video games so much i wanted to see the games i wanted to be made, be made. dunno why i thought theyd just do it, i just felt like they would listen to me.
Dude, how do you not know that they actually created one of the games you mailed 'em then if you dont remember what tha games were about? lol

Gas came up with the idea for gears of war 2 as a child lol

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
HAHAHHAHA @ KODOGG he also created all the Final Fantasy's and he aint seeing a damn dollar, *smh* what a shame l;ol

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
Dude, how do you not know that they actually created one of the games you mailed 'em then if you dont remember what tha games were about? lol

Gas came up with the idea for gears of war 2 as a child lol
lol.
i dont know. its a good chance they did.

too bad i wasnt smart enough to xerox my letters and copyright my idea before sending it..

for all i know i fucking invented burgertime or some shit

Mar 12, 2006
Sending demos dont work. Its a new day and age. Better Drop and album and hit the streets up and down the west coast.

And that prlly aint going to work... its all about that indy game... and aint much of that left either.
oh i know man haha..

wasn't talkin about for my own personal demo... just seein what artists are actually making attempts beyond myspace LOL

and hittin the streets with your album may not "work" forever obviously, but you can make a good chunk of change if you know what the fuck you are doing...

get an album made for 2 grand............

sell a thousand copies at 10 a piece

$10,000

haha

Dec 2, 2006
in 5th grade we used to have printed money for a class store. me and my partner cooked up this genius idea to print our own money so we could ball out in class. lol. little did we know the teacher kept track of who recieved what. when pulled in the office for interrogation, they pulled the printed sheets out both our backpacks. i forgot about this until a few months ago when my mom was clowning.