WHO GOT EM?...sf bay area...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
FIREWORKS UNIVERSITY : HOW TO MAKE FIREWORKS - Chemistry in Fireworks

The chemistry of fireworks list is not intended to be used as a guideline on how to make homemade fireworks, but rather as an educational guideline.

This describes what chemistry is involved in how to make fireworks
Symbol Name Fireworks Usage
Al Aluminum Aluminum is used to produce silver and white flames and sparks. It is a common component of sparklers.
Ba Barium Barium is used to create green colors in fireworks, and it can also help stabilize other volatile elements.
C Carbon Carbon is one of the main components of black powder, which is used as a propellent in fireworks. Carbon provides the fuel for a firework. Common forms include carbon black, sugar, or starch.
Ca Calcium Calcium is used to deepen firework colors. Calcium salts produce orange fireworks.
Cl Chlorine Chlorine is an important component of many oxidizers in fireworks. Several of the metal salts that produce colors contain chlorine.
Cu Copper Copper compounds produce blue colors in fireworks.
Fe Iron Iron is used to produce sparks. The heat of the metal determines the color of the sparks.
K Potassium Potassium helps to oxidize firework mixtures. Potassium nitrate, potassium chlorate, and potassium perchlorate are all important oxidizers.
Li Lithium Lithium is a metal that is used to impart a red color to fireworks. Lithium carbonate, in particular, is a common colorant.
Mg Magnesium Magnesium burns a very bright white, so it is used to add white sparks or improve the overall brilliance of a firework.
Na Sodium Sodium imparts a gold or yellow color to fireworks, however, the color is often so bright that is frequently masks other, less intense colors.
O Oxygen Fireworks include oxidizers, which are substances that produce oxygen in order for burning to occur. The oxidizers are usually nitrates, chlorates, or perchlorates. Sometimes the same substance is used to provide oxygen and color.
P Phosphorus Phosphorus burns spontaneously in air and is also responsible for some glow in the dark effects. It may be a component of a firework's fuel.
S Sulfur Sulfur is a component of black powder, and as such, it is found in a firework's propellant/fuel.
Sb Antimony Antimony is used to create firework glitter effects.
Sr Strontium Strontium salts impart a red color to fireworks. Strontium compounds are also important for stabilizing fireworks mixtures.
Ti Titanium Titanium metal can be burned as powder or flakes to produce silver sparks.

Zn Zinc Zinc is a bluish white metal that is used to create smoke effects for fireworks and other pyrotechnic devices.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Jeez man...i'm FUCKING SORRY. I just wanted to FUCKING HELP. Or at least fit in a little bit. You know...a little "Thanks Stealth, for the effort" would go a really long way. Or even a silent head nod or something. But NOOOOOOOOOO you gotta act like you're better than me and call me a fucking ass hat. And do you know what the worst fucking part is? I dont even know what the fuck an ass hat is... :(

Stealth

May 8, 2002
^ No...you were being serious. I can tell by the tone of your typing.

Now tell me what an ass hat is before this gets ugly.

Jun 27, 2002
id meens chu hab chur head up chur ads...en werning it as a hat, ass hat
chu done know me doot, i can puck chu up if chu got punk doot?chu wanna pite ? webs side beetch, arpeebeemudderpuck