who can reccomend some dope Kansas City rap to me?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Slide

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2002
www.therealtechn9ne.com
Southside Posse is heat..

DOVE DAWG - "The Invasion" I think is still in the Sicc Shop for $5.

I doubt you can find it but Snug Brim's old album "Centerpiece of the Puzzle" is ill..

The Yung Gunz (Skatterman & Snug Brim) album "Worth a Million" is tight to me also.

DonBellygusa

5150 Mental Productions
Aug 28, 2002
LockNLoadRecords.com
All of the shit already listed plus if you want Gangsta shit, BombSquad in the sic shop. They got a track on a comp in the Bay called BALL WITH ME. comp is with B-Legit,E-40,X-Raided,Yuc,and cats like that. First single artist out the group Cassanova,has a track comin out on a bay comp title MIDWEST GANGSTAS.I'll have a snippet on LOCKNLOADRECORDS.COM by the weekend. Just go to his artist page.And you can peep out XDASH snippets on that page now.Checkout THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD

Aug 1, 2002
userwww.sfsu.edu
Is there any KC artist that flows smooth and doesn't try to force their accent to sound hard. I got that Mr. Stink "ACA" album cause some dude said it was a classic. Man, he was growlin on the album, soundin hella phony. Rich the Facotr sounds tight when he aint yellin on tracks. s2theb sounds raw. Based on this perspective can yall recomend somethin?

Sicc OG
Dec 2, 2002
chop it up clicc - undatacuz

i was pretty impressed. you can tell their from KC, but its not garbage like most of the others. much playtime

Nov 7, 2002
KC Sounds

@noh8ers

noh8ers said:
Is there any KC artist that flows smooth and doesn't try to force their accent to sound hard. I got that Mr. Stink "ACA" album cause some dude said it was a classic. Man, he was growlin on the album, soundin hella phony. Rich the Facotr sounds tight when he aint yellin on tracks. s2theb sounds raw. Based on this perspective can yall recomend somethin? [/B]
I feel you on that. I feel like some rappers from Kansas City try too hard to force midwest accents and sounds, thereby underminding their own individual sound and talent.

In his defense I will say that is how Stinky sounds on a daily. But your right, he doesn't talk he growls.

Some of my recomendations...

Tech - 57 Vill's
Court
Mr. Stinky and Company
Killa Kev (old)
7 Mile (old)
Paul Mussan (sp?)
Trajik
Rich (old not young)
Mac Dre (not K.C, but frequents)

~Heaven