who are you feeling in horrorcore these days?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 24, 2002
disco is dead. horrorcore is still alive as long as theres mars necro and psychopathic
you cant say a genre is alive with 9 people in it and mars isnt horrorcore.

Flatlinerz, Gravediggers, Bortha Lynch Hung....NOT horrorcore.

KGP, Badmind, Bedlam, Insane Poetry, Mental Lox, House of Krazees, Halfbreed, Kannibalistik, LU Cipha, Simken Heights, etc etc.... HORRORCORE

The groups that started it died out quickly (yes gravediggaz released a few album but the "horrorcore" buzz died) the groups I listed have stayed around and shaped the horrorcore genre to what it is.

I will say that mars does come with a more horror tinged style of rap but I wouldnt call it horrorcore.

Its all IMO so... yeah whatever :ermm:

Apr 30, 2008
hatemachine.us

KGP, Badmind, Bedlam, Insane Poetry, Mental Lox, House of Krazees, Halfbreed, Kannibalistik, LU Cipha, Simken Heights, etc etc.... HORRORCORE

The groups that started it died out quickly (yes gravediggaz released a few album but the "horrorcore" buzz died) the groups I listed have stayed around and shaped the horrorcore genre to what it is.

I will say that mars does come with a more horror tinged style of rap but I wouldnt call it horrorcore.

How are the Gravediggaz not horrorcore when it was RZA that coined the name in the first place?

Feb 11, 2008
www.myspace.com

Horrorcore, wicked shit. Most of it is just different forms of rap. I think people just try to fit the artists in to the closest sounding type of genre. In my opinion horrorcore is rap that has to do with murder, death, suicide, rape, wickedness or anything do with feeling of fear, shock and disgust. Any rappers or groups that usually make songs like that, most people would put in the genre of horrorcore including me. Whatever you want to call it, its not dead. Tens of thousands of people listen to it and as long as there is still a large group of fans and concerts and music festivals it wont be. In my opinion Mars is horrorcore and he is my favorite horrorcore artist.

Sep 23, 2008
Whoever just listed Ill Bill as Horrorcore is a fucking retard. Just cause you just heard of the cat from the Tech N9ne tour or whatever the fuck obviously doesn't mean you know his style. I been listening to Bill from wayyyyyy back. Maayyyybbbbbe you can say his real early shit when he voice was all deep and grumpy you can say it, but not in recent years at all. Especially since he started up with Non-Phixion. I won't even start on Immortal Tech. Oh and for my post on the first page, I forgot to mention I still listen to Halfbreed. I even listen to recent Skrapz, but he isn't all horrorcore anymore. Dude is still lyrical and got a nice flow...

Sep 23, 2008
I didn't even notice he threw CAgE in the mix. Maybe wayyyyy back in heavy drug and crazy influenced times of the 90's when Necro was doing some production and his joints on For Your Box. Have you seen CAgE nowadays? Dude is straight up clean, hipster, emo-ish. I will always have love for him though (no homo) cause he puts on a great live show and his music pretty much never disapoints. One of the most underrated IMO, but Horrorcore? No...

Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
Whoever just listed Ill Bill as Horrorcore is a fucking retard. Just cause you just heard of the cat from the Tech N9ne tour or whatever the fuck obviously doesn't mean you know his style. I been listening to Bill from wayyyyyy back. Maayyyybbbbbe you can say his real early shit when he voice was all deep and grumpy you can say it, but not in recent years at all. Especially since he started up with Non-Phixion. I won't even start on Immortal Tech. Oh and for my post on the first page, I forgot to mention I still listen to Halfbreed. I even listen to recent Skrapz, but he isn't all horrorcore anymore. Dude is still lyrical and got a nice flow...
Hell yeah! I slap the shit out of some Skrapz. He is even better now than what he was in Halfbreed (both were dope though, he just has deeper lyrics and better beats now).

And I'd say Ill Bill is more horrorcore than what someone like Tech N9ne is. How can you say someone can't mix Bill into horrorcore with songs like Anatomy of a School Shooting?? Thats just one example. In my honest opinion, Bill is just as horrorcore as Mars.

Jan 3, 2005
www.myspace.com
yea ill bill gots some crazy shit... you can't really deam someone horrorcore i guess cuzz if they're really talented they'll try out different styles and shit... like immortal tech.. he does a couple of "horrorcore" imo. but what do you define as horrorcore? I think of it as a horror story in rap form, or just raps that put those images in your head... so now listen to for instance dance with the devil and tell me that doesnt live up to par with horrorcore! fuck labeling music tho, it is what it is, u like it or u don't... the 3rd world from immortal doesnt have that horror side, ill give u that, but he has had his horrorcore style songs... and with cage its the same... hes got his "horrorcore" songs and his "hip hop". fuck what hes doin now, if hes clean or not, its what it is on the track.

Jul 22, 2008
www.youtube.com
Hell yeah! I slap the shit out of some Skrapz. He is even better now than what he was in Halfbreed (both were dope though, he just has deeper lyrics and better beats now).

And I'd say Ill Bill is more horrorcore than what someone like Tech N9ne is. How can you say someone can't mix Bill into horrorcore with songs like Anatomy of a School Shooting?? Thats just one example. In my honest opinion, Bill is just as horrorcore as Mars.
but he keeps his shit real, it's not like having dreams or visions of murdering someone or some shit, he spits real shit, that's why I don't consider him horrorcore. Mars is horrorcore with songs like "No Face Killa" and "Mix Rape" and all that shit