Which Bay Rapper Gets The Most Love In L.A.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
Well from talkin to folks in Oxnard the bay rappers that they fuck with are Mac Dre, Ya Boy, Ritchie Rich, Luniz, Dru Down, RBL Posse, Too Short, JT Tha Bigga Figga & Spice 1. My cousin's husband listenes to all the bay rap he can find because my cousin used to live in Gilroy and listened to pure bay rap so when he was younger like in the early 90's he used to go to the independent record stores and buy up all the bay rap he could get his hands on. he has hella ond school shit. he has the Mob Figaz, C-Bo, IMP, UNLV, all master p's shit when he was in the bay like West Coast bad Boys and 99 ways to die, all RBL, The Click, Cold World Hustlers, 11/5 and more. so hes laced up on game. and as far as the youth down there according to my younger cousin Young Smooth's friends and cousins, besides the rappers mentioned they dont listen to any other rappers from the bay. they think the Mob Figaz are gay and that The Jacka aint real or about his shit. they think E-40 is fuckin retarded and cant rap. and surprisingly they know about XO Creep they think hes dope (who knew). but yea a lot of the youth is all into radio shit like Lil Wayne & Gucci Mane (poor Souls)

Mar 14, 2010
I had a good laugh about that, hella random that an LA bootlegger in 2009 was tryin to slang A Lesson To Be Learned. Speaks volumes bout that album's quality and status as a classic though. So yeah, I guess you could say LA bootleggers know about RBL Posse.
Muthafuckas in LA will sell you any god damn thing! Especially at the Downtown Greyhound! Some weirdo ass people in LA. RBL Is the shit and them LA Fools know it!

Feb 15, 2008
Wow some of the artist yall are naming dont even be doing shows in LA. Hands down E-40 is the Biggest rapper from the BAY in LA. No questions asked. Who ever wants to argue that fact we can put up some bread and ill have the soundscans pulled to prove nobody even close has sold more units in LA in the last 10 years then 40. Just last weekend at the BET awards 40 was the only westcoast artist to have his own party and it was to capacity 21 and over 800 people in club Empire in Hollywood. He has sold out the Key Club twice this year within 6 months apart. Just packed out the groove in Anahiem. Just did a show at universal studios a few months ago. Did 2 shows in Santa Barbara at the same club on the same night cuz they both sold out. Who ever said Oxnard dont fuck with 40 is crazy thats 1 person talking. Ventura is right next to Oxnard and he packed out the Majestic theatre and nicholbys club out there. I am not even going to get into San Diego,Bakersfield, San Bernadino, Long Beach, and Orange county. I am going off all facts yall going off a few peoples opinions.

2nd biggest artist out there in ANDRE NICKATINA hands down. He is doing all the same venues 40 doing and putting up impressive numbers.

Too $hort will always be the godfather and always do well in so cal.

I just hate when people offer there blind thoughts and try to discredit 40 and write him out the history books.

Feb 16, 2006
Wow some of the artist yall are naming dont even be doing shows in LA. Hands down E-40 is the Biggest rapper from the BAY in LA. No questions asked. Who ever wants to argue that fact we can put up some bread and ill have the soundscans pulled to prove nobody even close has sold more units in LA in the last 10 years then 40. Just last weekend at the BET awards 40 was the only westcoast artist to have his own party and it was to capacity 21 and over 800 people in club Empire in Hollywood. He has sold out the Key Club twice this year within 6 months apart. Just packed out the groove in Anahiem. Just did a show at universal studios a few months ago. Did 2 shows in Santa Barbara at the same club on the same night cuz they both sold out. Who ever said Oxnard dont fuck with 40 is crazy thats 1 person talking. Ventura is right next to Oxnard and he packed out the Majestic theatre and nicholbys club out there. I am not even going to get into San Diego,Bakersfield, San Bernadino, Long Beach, and Orange county. I am going off all facts yall going off a few peoples opinions.

2nd biggest artist out there in ANDRE NICKATINA hands down. He is doing all the same venues 40 doing and putting up impressive numbers.

Too $hort will always be the godfather and always do well in so cal.

I just hate when people offer there blind thoughts and try to discredit 40 and write him out the history books.
this^ if you go anywhere in so. cal and ask do they like bay rap their response is almost always e-40.

May 6, 2008
30's East Oakland, Ca
Big Oso Loc? I've seen that name ONCE in the bay period...haha people be pluggin' their potnaz, but yea I'm with Keepit100, 40 does the best out that way, I was out in Orange County for a second, an white boys were out there slappin' the fuck outta Tell Me When To Go ha, had me rollin', eh...they also slapped Vans...this was a few years ago tho, but everytime I'm out that way, someone's slappin' 40 at least 3 times a day you hear that nigga ridin' by