Which Bay Rapper Gets The Most Love In L.A.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 14, 2004
I only go down to LA a few times a year so I couldn't tell you, but I do have a funny Bay rap story from LA that happened about a year ago...

I was waiting outside Woody's Bar-B-Que on Slauson for my order to be ready when this dude comes up to me and tries to slang me bootleg CDs. I knew I wasn't gonna buy anything from him but I was bored so I started flipping through his CDs to pass the time (the majority of them were Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy, etc. anyway). After I got done lookin at his CD stack I handed em back to him and told him I wasn't interested. He takes a look at me and says "You aren't feelin any of those? I got somethin for ya" and starts diggin in his bag. He pulls out RBL Posse "A Lesson To Be Learned" and says "you want somethin HARD this is for you." I laughed and told him I'm from Oakland and just visiting for the weekend so I've been had that album since I was in middle school.

I had a good laugh about that, hella random that an LA bootlegger in 2009 was tryin to slang A Lesson To Be Learned. Speaks volumes bout that album's quality and status as a classic though. So yeah, I guess you could say LA bootleggers know about RBL Posse.