Which Bay Area rappers can hang with Ghostface Killah on the mic?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 3, 2006
gear is actually one of my favorite hus songs, so thats weird for you to say, dopeboyfresh
to each his own i guess theres is alotta hus tracks i like and still slap matter fact that new join the got on the killa keisee demolition men mixtape goes too hard

@defy yea im into clothes and fashion i spend 75% of my checks on kicks n shit lol

BO

Sicc OG
Jul 27, 2004
  • BO

BO

did you say killah priest?

lol naw but i can see why u like ghost but that style is irelevant out here any rapper could sit down and talk about a story and describe it using the four scenses and shit. out here the world moves to fast. yea ghost is a nice contrast but at the end of the day you cant get a definitive answer so ho cares

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
any heres the thing.

theres millions more "hip hop" fans than bay area rap fans.

if you want to exclude the good amount of albums we can consider "hip hop" from the bay.

that pretty much makes a bay area fans opinion irrelevent.

if you had like 1,000,000 niggas that wanted something

and 10,000,000 niggas that wanted another thing

majority rules

even if its not right

the people vote

if a persons wacker in a abttle and they vote for him than i guess hes doper..whether theyre stupid or not yknow

Aug 15, 2002
any heres the thing.

theres millions more "hip hop" fans than bay area rap fans.

if you want to exclude the good amount of albums we can consider "hip hop" from the bay.

that pretty much makes a bay area fans opinion irrelevent.

if you had like 1,000,000 niggas that wanted something

and 10,000,000 niggas that wanted another thing

majority rules

even if its not right

the people vote

if a persons wacker in a abttle and they vote for him than i guess hes doper..whether theyre stupid or not yknow
interesting.

but yeah i'm one of those irrelevant fans, because ghostface dont impress me in the least. the dude just aint tight to me. i get annoyed and bored listening to him.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
yeah im in no way saying that being 'irrelevent' in the eyes of a hip hop fan is a bad thing. i mean, who gives a fuck.

but if you bring ghostface into the equation i guess we have to talk about the fickle mindstate of most hip hop fans...so if you say messy marvs better than ghost they would not understand that for the life of them

even if you truly believe it
hey arent goign to view him as 'lyrical'

so i dunno i think this is a trick question in a way

but in a way it aint..ghost has alot of material....and hes told alot of vivid ass stories

Feb 8, 2003
complex style? try incomprehensible. I'm a ghostface fan, but he don't make sense on the mic. at all. period. he even says way out random shit in his story raps too. I get the part about him having a different style than anyone in the bay, but its a stretch to say his shit is way more complex. Casual & Gift Of Gab would rap circles around him.

I know gift of gab = davis, but still thats dumbass close

Busta rhymes? maybe he could hang....but wyclef?!?!?!!?!? wtf were you smoking and can I hit it?
Checkout Wyclefs freestyle you'll cghange your mind. I saw him freestyle in person he cold as fuck heis flow delivary word play

May 9, 2002
I THINK GHOST IS AMAZING, BUT HE DONT WANT IT WITH 40. I KNOW THEY ARE AS DIFFERENT AS CAN BE AS FAR AS STYLES GO, BUT BAR FOR BAR AND RHYME FOR RHYME, 40 WOULD CHEW GHOST A NEW ASS.
LOL

imma go with young hus and yukmouth
LOL

I guess the bay don't understand lyrical skill if y'alls think Hus is a sav on the mic. HAHAHAHAHA
Amen.

Now I think rappers like Busta Rhymes, Lupe, Saigon, Papoose, Crooked I, Styles P, Jr Writer, 40 Cal, Cassidy, can hang with Face anyday.
Agreed.

i don tget what "on the mic" means...does that mean theyre battling?

or are we talkign albums?
I think he just means..lyrcially.

Like If you sat the two of them in the same room and told them to write a song and spit it.

I have never gotten that in to Ghost, but i know he isnt even the best lyrically in Wu....

As far as anone from teh Bay "hangin" with Ghost, its true that there is only a handful. Although I couldnt name them.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
well who would be the judge? the average man who dosent liek hip hop? a hip hop fan? a rap fan who has no bias? i mean, to me thats just way too hard to decide.

if i told ghost to rap right now off the top of his dome it probably wouldnt be anywhere as close to thousands of other rappers.

logically it seems like people will say the best is whomever they feel the most

Aug 7, 2006
logically it seems like people will say the best is whomever they feel the most
AGREED!

since Im not up on much bay music and i bump east coast the most i wouldnt be able to name anyone on ghost's caliber unless we want to break down patterns and complexity. the ones i feel that has patterns and complexity and still rides the beat is between Pep Love, Gift of Gab, and Del but thats me