Where were you when you heard...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 3, 2006
www.myspace.com
"I got 5 on it" ? I remember playin Playstation or some shit when I got5 on it came on, as soon as I heard all that talk about Oakland and stuff I was like "Oaklands got rappers besides 2pac?!?"
"Hyphy" ? - I remember I was layin with my girlfriend and it came on the radio, not only did this song single handedly introduce me to Hyphy but I remember thinking "DAMN!! Hyphy's a bay thing!! I'm from the bay!!" and bein so proud that the bay finally had somethin.
"Super Hyphy" ? I remember hearin about this song and bein like "Super Hyphy? How gay" but then I heard Super Hyphy chillin at my friends house on a mix and that was my anthem last summer.
"Feelin Myself" ? In my friends car like 2 days after it came out my friend played this for me, I had no idea who Mac Dre was and when I heard the song I didn't eve know he was from the bay I just remember thinking, "How is this guy not famous?"
"Tell Me When to Go" ? I downloaded this shit but it didn't set in till I saw so many ads for it how much was riding on this song.

To me this are the 5 most influetiantal (sp) bay songs ever and I was thinkin about the first time I heard them so share ur thoughts...

Sep 19, 2005
I heard was blazzin when I heard "I Got 5 On It"....it was waaaay back during the middle skoo dayz.
I heard "Hyphy" at a club when some broad was tryna get at me. The DJ said it was an exclusive he just got in that day so I guess I was one of the first to hear it.
I heard "Super Hyphie" when I was cruising in da car and that shit came on the radio. First i kinda thought it was gay, but later on the REMIX got me hooked.
I heard "Feelin' Myself" at skoo when my hb just bought the album. We slapped that shit for hella long while sippin on henny.
I heard "Tell Me When To Go" on my computer wen it first got leaked. I didnt like it AND I STILL dont like it. I might be the only bay nigga to think like that but yea.

If you wana talk about influential, try "Get Stupid" by Mac Dre. "Get On My Hype Remix" had a good run also and one of the best hyphy tracks in my opinion.

Jan 19, 2006
man I was in grade 7 blazin when I heard I got 5 on it, but then again I didnt buy the CD or anything... I didnt start feeling the bay as the best until like 1999

Nov 5, 2004
5 on it. - Shit, that was 94-95 right? I was only in the 5th grade but I was on that shit. Along with my 4Tay Playas Club casette single w/ like 22 remixes, lol.

Hyphy - In the car on the way to school probably

Super Hyphy - ^ Same as above

Feelin Myself - I was a few months late getting Ronald Dregan. I got it like a week before Dre died. Heard that song and got hyphy driving my dad's camry.

Tell Me When to Go - This forum.

^^^ What dude said about Get Stupid. A few days after Dre's death I was at a club and they played it. Shit, I literally had CHILLS when it came on. The whole club got beyond stupid, they got fuckin comatose with it.

Sep 16, 2002
5 on it , i was in 7th grade

hyphy dont know sometime in 2003 just goin dumb at a club

super hyphy when i was in the stockroom at macys gettin stupid

feelin my self , when i got ronald dregan when it first came out

get stupid when i bought the treal tv soundtrack , when it first came out, i like the original myself.... that shit go but its way too short-- uughh cutty this is the 1 (shits hard as fuck)

Jan 5, 2006
damn i was like 9 when i heard that shit.. i lived in these apartments.. and this guy who lived across from me.. was bumping it in his cutty.. and me and my friend we were all like that sounds tight!

Sep 17, 2005
"I got 5 on it" ? I remember playin Playstation or some shit when I got5 on it came on, as soon as I heard all that talk about Oakland and stuff I was like "Oaklands got rappers besides 2pac?!?"
Damn you from the bay and only knew of one rapper outta Oakland in 95?

Jun 5, 2004
my dad used to live with a roommate, his son used to listen to bay rap way back in 95-96... i marinated it... i cant remember if i first heard 5 on it on operation stackola or if it was on the radio, 106.1, or maybe wild 94.9 when it used to be wild 107.1...

Jun 30, 2004
I got 5 on it I was in either 4th or 5th grade when I first heard it. Both of my friends had the cds and I used borrow them and listen to it a lot.

super hyphy-I dont listen to the radio at all so I was a little late.

feelin myself-a few days before it came out.

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
"I got 5 on it" - AT MY UNCLES HOUSE HE USE TO DJ AND HE WAS PUTTIN' ME UP ON BAY RAP.
"Hyphy" ? - I WAS AT SCHOOL WHEN I FIRST HEARD THIS.
"Super Hyphy" ?- I WAS DRIVING AROUND WHEN I FIRST HEARD IT ON KMEL, AFTER THAT I BASICALLY PLAYED THE SHIT OUT OF IT.
"Feelin Myself" - I WAS IN SAN JOSE, ON SANTA CLARA ST. CRUISIN WHEN I THRU THE CD IN AND HEARD IT
"Tell Me When to Go"- I WAS AT A PARTY AND SOMEONE THREW IT ON AND EVERYONE STARTED GETTIN DUMB

Feb 1, 2006
i got 5 on it - shit i dunno when the first time i heard it was but the last time was i was slappin it in my car faded as fuck today

Hyphy - cant even remember

Super Hyphy - heard it on KMEL and thought that shit was hella sick had me goin dumb

Feelin Myself - off dre's dreganomics album

Tell Me When to Go - dl'd when it 1st got leaked

Nov 16, 2005
i got 5 on it - hmm.. when i was in middle school, 6th grade ish?? on the radio. dont really remember the exact time/situation but i remember it was catchy and i was all singing that even though i didnt know what it meant!

hyphy - my friend was all like have you heard that song hyphy?!? and im liek whaat?? i didnt recall the name and i DLed it and im like ohhhh shit ive hella heard that on the radio i remember that was bout the same time frontline's 'what is it' came out. that song hella got me started on new bay!!

super hyphy - dont really remember.. radio f'sure

tell me when to go - e-feeeeeezy radio!! he was playin this for the first time hella times in a row. saying it was prod. by lil jon and everything. heard it at least 4 times in an hour. i didnt really like it at first.. and then of course i grew into it the next day or so when they kept playing it on the radio