Where Did the KC-Bay Area Connection Come From?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 27, 2010
Someone posted a comment on my blog asking about the origin of the Kansas City-Bay Area connection and the earliest collaboration I could think of was JT The Bigga Figga putting on Rich The Factor for his debut in 1995. Was this the earliest association between the two scenes or does it go further back than that?

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I remember reading on here about a DJ either coming from here or KC, staying in the Bay for a while and going back/to KC and spinning our local music at parties and it took off from there. I could be tripping but that's how I vaguely remember it.

Apr 3, 2010
There had to be a reason rich the factor went to jt, anyone know? Did they know each other. He could have went to some other big producer. I feel like it is weird to just head out to california from kc and find jt for some beats

Apr 12, 2003
What exactly is the story with Deco-D?
Deco-D is from Fillmoe, but went to KC in 94' when his Grandma died, while he was there he got signed by Jackpot Records & recorded "The Soul Taker" EP, when Rich came back from Cali he was introduced to Deco by a mutual friend & they collaborated on 2 tracks for the Pole Position album, Deco was also introduced to Snug Brim, funny back in like 2005, we went to see a Tech N9ne show in Santa Cruz & after the show we met Tech & gave him Deco's Prime Example CD & even Tech was like "I know this nigga!..." he has also collaborated with Miss G, Bohn & Young Bereta of Hood Series Ent.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I remember chillin at China's Studio (SSSJ) back in the day . He had some KC cats there recording. We got to talking and from what ive gathered from that session and just choppin it up with folx fom Missouri is that. They have a lot of fam in KC and the Bay. Shit in AZ i know quite a few Missouri cats.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Deco-D is from Fillmoe, but went to KC in 94' when his Grandma died, while he was there he got signed by Jackpot Records & recorded "The Soul Taker" EP, when Rich came back from Cali he was introduced to Deco by a mutual friend & they collaborated on 2 tracks for the Pole Position album, Deco was also introduced to Snug Brim, funny back in like 2005, we went to see a Tech N9ne show in Santa Cruz & after the show we met Tech & gave him Deco's Prime Example CD & even Tech was like "I know this nigga!..." he has also collaborated with Miss G, Bohn & Young Bereta of Hood Series Ent.
Thanks for the info