When will white people stop making movies like Avatar?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006
I'll tell you when white people stop making movies like Avatar... when the consumer stops buying into it... But obviously you have lot of the "victims" of white-total-awesomeness over-everything lapping it up, so it's bound to continue.

Dec 2, 2006
Its not necessarily "wrong", but it somehow makes white people feel justified for all the fucked up shit "we" have done to those with darker skin over thousands of years.
you can not change the past or justify the inhumane treatment people of color endured in the past. what's done is done.fighting ignorrance with ignorrance is not the answer though. I have many reasons to be bitter towards the "white man(system)" but choose to not let the past control my future. we are all human at the end of the day and the color of someone's skin does not matter to me.

Apr 8, 2006
WTF YOU MEAN WHY? WUCHU TRYIN 2 SAY?

AND ARE YOU PEOPLE JUST FUCKING IGNORENT OR WHAT!?

I WENT AND SEEN AVATAR BECAUSE IT WAS A NEW JAMES CAMERON MOVIE 10 YEARS IN THE MAKING.

AND WHATS WITH ALL THIS STUPID RACIST JARGON ABOUT THE WHITE MAN THIS N THE WHITE MAN THAT...LIKE WHITE PEOPLE ALREADY KNEW WHAT THE MOVIE WAS ABOUT ABD THATS WHY THEY GO AND SEE IT? FUCKIN REDICULOUS.

OH THE WHITE MAN SAVED THE RACE AND WHITE PEOPLE BUY IN2 THAT SHIT...FUCKING BULLSHIT.
IT AINT ABOUT SKIN TONE.
ITS ABOUT CURRUPT PEOPLE IN POWER.
AND IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS ABOUT WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT 2 YOU?,BEING A MACHINE AND DOING WHAT YOUR TOLD EVEN IF ITS WRONG?,SELLING OUT N STAYING SILENT?
OR ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHATS RIGHT IN YOUR HEART?

I HATE REVERSE RACISM....DID YOU GUYS REALLY JUST PICK APART AVATAR 2 BE A RACIST FLICK!?!?

MAYBE ITS JUS SAYING GET BACK TO OUT ROOTS N DO WHATS RIGHT.

AND IF I WHERE TO LOOK AT IT WITH YOUR GUY'S IDIOTIC POINT OF VIEW THAN IT WOULD STILL SAY THE GOOD GUY IN THE FLICK TEAMS UP WITH THE GOOD OR "BLACK" PEOPLE...SO YOU COULD SAY THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS BLACK PEOPLE ARE GOOD AND WHITE PEOPLE ARE BAD.

THATS IF YOU WHERE A FUCKING IDIOT LIKE YOU GUYS ARE.

Feb 7, 2006
WTF YOU MEAN WHY? WUCHU TRYIN 2 SAY?

AND ARE YOU PEOPLE JUST FUCKING IGNORENT OR WHAT!?

I WENT AND SEEN AVATAR BECAUSE IT WAS A NEW JAMES CAMERON MOVIE 10 YEARS IN THE MAKING.

AND WHATS WITH ALL THIS STUPID RACIST JARGON ABOUT THE WHITE MAN THIS N THE WHITE MAN THAT...LIKE WHITE PEOPLE ALREADY KNEW WHAT THE MOVIE WAS ABOUT ABD THATS WHY THEY GO AND SEE IT? FUCKIN REDICULOUS.

OH THE WHITE MAN SAVED THE RACE AND WHITE PEOPLE BUY IN2 THAT SHIT...FUCKING BULLSHIT.
IT AINT ABOUT SKIN TONE.
ITS ABOUT CURRUPT PEOPLE IN POWER.
AND IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS ABOUT WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT 2 YOU?,BEING A MACHINE AND DOING WHAT YOUR TOLD EVEN IF ITS WRONG?,SELLING OUT N STAYING SILENT?
OR ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHATS RIGHT IN YOUR HEART?

I HATE REVERSE RACISM....DID YOU GUYS REALLY JUST PICK APART AVATAR 2 BE A RACIST FLICK!?!?

MAYBE ITS JUS SAYING GET BACK TO OUT ROOTS N DO WHATS RIGHT.

AND IF I WHERE TO LOOK AT IT WITH YOUR GUY'S IDIOTIC POINT OF VIEW THAN IT WOULD STILL SAY THE GOOD GUY IN THE FLICK TEAMS UP WITH THE GOOD OR "BLACK" PEOPLE...SO YOU COULD SAY THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS BLACK PEOPLE ARE GOOD AND WHITE PEOPLE ARE BAD.

THATS IF YOU WHERE A FUCKING IDIOT LIKE YOU GUYS ARE.
or you can see it as non-white people are helpless, and they always need a white dude/woman to help them oveercome their problems. No matter what you say, when you see this shit all your life you sub-consciously subscribe to what is being projected to you. but the problem isn't just that Hollywood continues to make these movies, the problem is Hollywood doesn't support the alternative - they foster myths.

And you guys talk shit now, but when things change by more minorities and liberal minded whites joining Hollywood you'll see the difference and the folly of these mythical films. Just like you can talk to our parents or grandparents about westerns and WWII movies where Natives/Japanese are shown as savages/imperialists trying to hurt and destroy the freedom of innocent white people - we know that's bullshit, but the generations before us either believe that shit, or believed it when that was all they were shown.

I liked Avatar, but the gripes about the narrative are legit and do have consequences.

Apr 25, 2002
another common white guilt movie plot is the white person saving the ghetto black person or ghetto latino gang banger from their demise.
For real. Shame on white people who help anyone that isn't white. I keep preaching that to my white bretheren but they're just too damn nice!

May 27, 2009
What are you talking about? There's tons of movies where Blacks or Latinos help white people. Usually the black or latino person teaches the white person how to dance.

Feb 7, 2006
lol, your right, those coloreds show the white man rhythm, and the white man pays them back by saving them from destruction... great trade.

Nov 14, 2002
or you can see it as non-white people are helpless, and they always need a white dude/woman to help them oveercome their problems. No matter what you say, when you see this shit all your life you sub-consciously subscribe to what is being projected to you. but the problem isn't just that Hollywood continues to make these movies, the p
Oh take that shit to Al Sharpton.

Why does every blue/green/purple/magenta/aqua-seafoam green motherfucker in a movie have to represent black people? Jesus fuckin' christ maybe they're Asian or Italian or Spanish etc. IF ANY OF THAT AT ALL. Like James Cameron is somehow a voice for minorities all over the world, peddling his wares to the white man in a devious scheme to make millions and fund a huge minority army.

Kick rocks with that bullshit.

THEY'RE FUCKING BLUE AND THEY HAVE ASIAN ANIME FEATURES.