Whats the story with R&B Lumidee getting BUSTED at the Airport.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 1, 2005
Uh-Oooh, Uh-Oooh, Lumidee’s been set up. In “I wish I made some money off my debut CD, but I didn’t so now I’m a mule” news, R&B one hit wonder Lumidee was arrested at LaGuardia International Airport this past Friday (Nov. 25) for allegedly attempting to smuggle almost $1 million in frozen cocaine.

Yeah you read right, $1 million dollars in frozen coke. But wait, there’s more! Apparently she also had over 7,000 ecstasy pills with a street value of over $500,000 in her bags. Uh-Oooh, Uh-Oooh.

Let the Feds tell it, Lumidee is reportedly involved in a suspected $50 million bicoastal drug ring, that also includes model Gloria Velez, who was also arrested on drug charges in 2004. Smuggling + Drug Ring Ties = Uh-Oooh, Uh-Oooh.

Velez was promoting the release of her calendar & DVD when she was charged after police seized 200 pounds of cocaine, $800,000 in cash and four other vehicles, where nearly $1 million cash was found. It was unclear how much money or drugs allegedly were pulled from Velez’s bus, but you can read the whole story here.

You probably remember Lumidee from her irritating single “Never Leave You (Uh Oh, Uh Oh)” which topped the Billboard charts for 2 weeks in the summer of 2003. Too bad for Lumidee. On another note, I bet you know who wished they were there so they could have gotten their hands on Lumidee’s goodie bags.

Eight words: It was all good just a week ago.