WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN?????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
dasicc........i have a magazine comparing those formats you've listed above....i'll get back to you with a short summary tomorrow...

Jan 14, 2006
this sounds like one of those IQ test questions....

"Which Word doesn't belong in the group:

Plasma TV, DLP, LCD"

answer is plasma.....its a KIND of tv its a thin one

Jan 14, 2006
LCD= Liquid Crystal Display

LCD screens tend to have slightly better contrast, with a larger range of black and white color shades. DLP, however, still has faster refresh rates than LCD (although LCD has been vastly improved in this area over the last two years). This can have implications if you are really into high-action motion (sports, action movies), because movement may seem a little blurred with LCD at times. Also, you'll want to remember that in order for you to get the best color out of your LCD, you have to sit right in front of it. LCD TVs also have a slightly shorter lifespan than DLPs, with only 45,000 to 60,000 hours compared to 75,000 hours or more. As far as price goes, LCD and DLP are still more expensive than Plasma, but like all things in time, their price has been coming down. And right now, DLP is slightly more expensive than LCD, but not by much. DLP, in our eyes, is the best investment, at least for the next few years.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
Ricky530Furl said:
this sounds like one of those IQ test questions....

"Which Word doesn't belong in the group:

Plasma TV, DLP, LCD"

answer is plasma.....its a KIND of tv its a thin one
That made NO SENSE. All three are types of t.v.s and LCD's are thin as well. They can also be a rear projected LCD.

Feb 9, 2003
TONY206 said:
That made NO SENSE. All three are types of t.v.s and LCD's are thin as well. They can also be a rear projected LCD.
I was about to post a Billy Madison quote basically telling him how much sense he made, thank you for beating me to it you jerk!

Jan 14, 2006
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
I was about to post a Billy Madison quote basically telling him how much sense he made, thank you for beating me to it you jerk!

darn it...scally waggers.........such a silly goose

:dead:

Jun 23, 2003
isnt LCD (limited color display) not liquid crystal. lol I may be wrong but I have never heard of liquid crystal. Plasma is a liquid. Not lcd. My laptop is lcd and has no liquid in it.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
azryda420 said:
isnt LCD (limited color display) not liquid crystal. lol I may be wrong but I have never heard of liquid crystal. Plasma is a liquid. Not lcd. My laptop is lcd and has no liquid in it.
LOL!!!!

LCD = Liquid crystal display
Plasma is not a liquid, it is a gas.

Touch your LCD and see the liquidy effect.