WHATS THAT DROUGHT BEEN LIKE THERE? KILLIN HAS STARTED HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
3 slain in separate shootings as wave of violence grips city

October 10, 2008
By Lori Caldwell Post-Tribune staff writer
GARY -- Three people were killed here in separate shootings Thursday night as violence spread through the city, sending two Violent Crimes detectives racing from one scene to another between 6 and 10 p.m.
A Glen Park man was shot to death as he drove south on Tennessee Street in his black Pontiac about 8:15 p.m. The driver's side of his car was riddled with at least 18 bullet holes. Police identified numerous shell casings on 35th Court, where witnesses said a white van slowed down to allow shooters to aim at the driver, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
His mother and girlfriend were present as investigators processed evidence, but police did not release the victim's name pending positive identification.
Detectives Sgt. Michael Jackson and Jeff Hornyak were summoned to Glen Park while questioning neighbors in the 2100 block of Whitcomb Street where a 26-year-old man was shot to death about 7:30 p.m. while sitting on the front porch on the west side of the street, police said. The suspect arrived from a neighbor's home and started shooting at the victim, who was shot several times. The victim's name was not released because his family had not been notified, a spokesman for the Lake County coroner said.
About 6:20 p.m., two men were shot outside a convenience store at 49th Avenue and Georgia Street, police said. Investigators were just beginning to gather evidence in that shooting when they were sent to Whitcomb Street, then to 35th Court and Tennessee Street, so no other information about the victims was available.
While Jackson and Hornyak spoke to potential witnesses in Glen Park, they learned of a third homicide at 716 Pennsylvania St., where one person died and another was wounded.
Earlier Thursday, a Tarrytown man told police he was shot while walking in Brunswick.
Anyone with information about any of the night's shootings can call Jackson at 881-4753 or Hornyak at 881-7514.
Contact Lori Caldwell at 881-3000, Ext. 3119, or [email protected]

2 GOT KILLED WED. NIGHT TOO. DUDE GOT HIT WITH THAT K, I BEEN HEARING HE HAD 2 45'S ON HIM TOO....CITY DRY AS FUCK....MUTHA FUCKAS GETTIN GRIMEY....I KNOW ITS BEEN UGLY ALL OVER!
one

Apr 25, 2002
GARY -- A barrage of gunfire broke the predawn silence Friday as gunmen returned to the scene of Leonardo Hardaway's death and started shooting.

"I've never heard that many bullets fired all at once," Detective Jeff Horynak said later.

But the gunfire was just the beginning of the night's violence that saw three Gary officers dodging bullets and special help from Lake County SWAT members who tear-gassed a house where some of the suspects had fled.

Detective Thomas Agular (left) and Detective Cpl. Larry McKinley mark bullet shell casings across the street from 441 Fillmore St. following an overnight shooting.
(Michael McArdle/Post-Tribune)

"Unfortunately, we have an element in this city who have no respect, not just for law enforcement, but for themselves, and the citizens," Cmdr. Anthony Titus said.
The man involved in the initial argument leading to Hardaway's homicide and the resulting fallout was charged Friday with three counts of attempted murder and criminal recklessness, Detective Cpl. Arturo Azcona said.

Lewis Eldridge, 32, fired the first shot outside Alexander Carson's home at 441 Fillmore St. on Wednesday morning. Carson returned fire, killing Hardaway.

Eldridge is not in custody, but police were searching for him Friday evening.

Much earlier Friday, police were chasing a silver van seen near 441 Fillmore St. at 12:45 a.m. when the shooting began.

"The van came flying out and goes the wrong way on 4th Avenue," Titus said.

Police followed directly behind the van to an alley south of 5th Avenue near Taft Street when the occupants opened the van doors and started shooting at the squad cars.

None of the officers were injured, police said.

At the same time, Cpl. Anthony Hawkins, Cpl. Doug Geyer and others were chasing several men who ran from Fillmore Street into 413 Buchanan St.

"They barricaded themselves in there," Detective Lorenzo Davis said.

Gary police and Lake County SWAT surrounded the house, but the occupants didn't surrender until after the SWAT team launched tear gas into the residence.

Arrested were Myles Beach, 28, facing charges of criminal recklessness, carrying a handgun without a permit and being a felon in possession of a weapon; Virgil Johnson, 27, Ariel Taylor, 25, and Daryle Anderson Jr., 28, facing resisting law enforcement and visiting a common nuisance; and Reeshell Simmons, 40, facing a charge of maintaining a common nuisance.

Alexander Carson, 38, who killed Hardaway, 26, in the gunfight Wednesday morning, was shot in the forearm at his home about 12:30 a.m. when at least three men stood in a vacant field across the street where police later found more than 30 shell casings.

Carson was not charged because he was shooting in self-defense, the Lake County prosecutor ruled. His release from custody sparked the retaliation, police said.

No one else in the house at 441 Fillmore St., including two women and three young children, was wounded.

As uniformed police officers stood guard, Carson's family loaded their belongings into a van and left the area Friday.

Hornyak, Azcona and Detective Sgt. William Fazekas are investigating all the shootings related to Hardaway's death.

"We're asking the citizens to call, as we always do, because we actually need the citizens' help. We're all responsible for our neighborhoods," Titus said.

"We have elderly, children and good, hardworking people living here and we have to share our space with criminals. We are appealing to those good people, if they know who is responsible, they need to tell us," he said.

Apr 25, 2002
WELL YALL AINT FLOOD THE FUCK OUT FOR 2 WEEKS AND YALL INTERSTATES WEREN'T SHUT DOWN EITHER. I GOT THAT KUSH, BUT NOONE IN THE AREA GOT REGGIES. FOLKS HITTIN LIKE 400 A CUITE TAXING. THEY WAS 250. SHIT RIDICULOUS. WORK CAN'T BE FOUND EITHER. NOONE WANNA KEEP GETTIN THAT DRO ESPECIALLY IF YOU A SMOKER. THEY WANT THAT YARD WEED.
one

Jan 28, 2005
there's a drought going on in MI too, there was I think two huge busts within the past 30 days right outside Detroit.

all we been had was some expensive ass dro.

The economy is bad, it goes without saying the black market economy is gonna drop too.

But ya'll Gary people are trippin out, sounds like somebody wants a lot of people dead.

Apr 25, 2002
IT'S OUT A DROUGHT EVERYWHERE. I GOT FOLKS ALL OVER THE MID, MEMPHIS DRY. IT MIGHT NOT BE A DROUGHT FOR YOU DIME BAGGERS. FOLKS JUST STARTING TO ROB. THEY GOT THE COUNTY BOYS UP HERE RUNNING THE STREETS NOW. PEOPLE SAY HARDER SECURITY ON BORDERS DURING ELECTION TIME. THEY SHUT DOWN 80-94 THO FOR A WEEK N A HALF WHEN WE FLOODED. THATS OUR WAY TO CHI WE ONLY 30 MIN FROM DOWNTOWN.
one

Jun 9, 2007
I dunno homie I haven't seen evidence of a drought in the twin cities, been gettin my smoke for 80 a zone no prob for a while now, and also have access to dro but just dont have the cash for it, but there has been a steady increase in shootings over the past few months, hear about a different muthafucka gettin gunned downed every night, tonight it was south minneapolis, muthafuckas have been hittin spots back and forth from the northside to the southside alot more lately... also there were some pretty big pot busts outside the metro within the past couple months, some 70 year old fuck got busted for 500 G's worth just last week... so maybe it's just me & others aren't so lucky, lol

Sep 16, 2008
Shits real fucked up everywhere. Everyone just wants to get theirs, but there aint even close to enough jobs n shit. Cleveland's one of the poorest cities in the US, n I swear I can SEE it getting more poor. =[

Apr 25, 2002
I dunno homie I haven't seen evidence of a drought in the twin cities, been gettin my smoke for 80 a zone no prob for a while now, and also have access to dro but just dont have the cash for it, but there has been a steady increase in shootings over the past few months, hear about a different muthafucka gettin gunned downed every night, tonight it was south minneapolis, muthafuckas have been hittin spots back and forth from the northside to the southside alot more lately... also there were some pretty big pot busts outside the metro within the past couple months, some 70 year old fuck got busted for 500 G's worth just last week... so maybe it's just me & others aren't so lucky, lol
MUTHA FUCKAS CAN GET IT DOGG, BUT ITS JUST UGLY. LIKE I SAID I WANNA SLAP A MUTHA FUCKA WHO SAY 1400 FOR A ELBOW OF REG. GET A CUTIE OF THAT KUSH FOR 1200. PROBLEM IS FOLKS DONT WANT A GRAM FOR 20. THEY WANT A QTR FOR 25. TO BLOW ALL DAY. YOU KNOW. I LIVED HERE MY WHOLE LIFE AND I AINT SEEN IT LIKE THIS EVER. THEY LAYING OFF HALF THE COPS ANYWAYS CUZ OF BUDGET ISSUES FIREFIGHTERS BEEN GONE, SO MUTHA FUCKAS TAKING ADVANTAGE.
one

Oct 15, 2004
anybody know how long it takes to expedite a criminal..my boy got locked up 12 hours away and they expediting him back to detroit from arizona and detroit picked him up 2 weeks ago and he still aint here in the county yet. damn its only like 12 hours away

May 9, 2003
www.soundclick.com
yeah it the drought in kc bad.. all my plugs dry, used to get them zippers for 40-50 now im getting a half zipper for that price..its ugly, makes a muthafucka want to go to rehab to quit, in my 30 years of being alive ive never seen it this bad out here. but i been expecting this shit for a while tho, folks that know me i been knowing about the recession before it was really out here on the news. us real street cats know the deal...give it till mid november we SHOULD be back to norm if not i think the govt is so broke they might legalize the shit and tax it haha, thats why they banning smoking, so u only have one place to smoke and thats at home. just my 2 cents on the whole thing.

Apr 25, 2002
YEAP....I'LL BE GONE TIL NOVEMBER AS THE TERM SAYS....IM JIGGY, BUT MY SMOKERS AND HUSTLAZ KNOW BOUT THE STRESS WHEN THEY SHIT GET A LIL LOW....MAKE YOU LOSE SLEEP AND SHIT....I HEARD KC WAS BAD TOO, I HAD A LIL PLUG I CHECKED ON. FOLKS SAY, I GOT THAT KUSH THOUGH, BUT SHIT SO DO I.
one

Oct 15, 2004
i don't know bout ya'll but these regos now!!!!!!!!! oh boyyy!! i'm loven this season. lime green wit that funky scent not dro either just regos

Feb 12, 2006
www.chibangin.com
yea man in the field right now shit is poppin off, gettin elbows of some flame ass reg for 750 all day. and mugs payin 120 a zone for it like its goin outta style. but up until last week it was either dank or some real shitty reg... glad its back to normal