whats going to make people want to buy your album and not get it the bootleg way

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
Put out some free shit to the fans to feed that hunger for free music. Then when your album comes out if the fans are actually feeling you, they'll cop. There's a number of artists that have done that and I have bought their albums or are waiting for them to drop.

Jan 5, 2009
thats whats up but it has to be good quality music at the same time lets say mc rift raft has been giving out free shit for a while and iz like constantly putting out garbage and it makes people feel like their iz no other artist out their with the good shit

Feb 4, 2003
www.soundclick.com
dont put nothin out until the time is right, after u got a nice lil buzz and an album is wanted.. ya boy for example... or 50 back whe he dropped a bunch of mixtape shit... i dont listen to shit unless its worth listenin to.. if pac released all eyez and makaveli in the same time frame he did now days.. it wouldnt be no where near as classic as when he dropped it.. timing is everything, just have somethin to change the game when it drops.. my 2, pz

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i'd put less emphesis on selling albums and put more into putting on a good stage shows and make your money off of a performance. Its tougher to bootleg concert tickets than it is to bootleg a CD

Apr 23, 2006
Put a golden ticket in it...
that actually is touching on a very good idea lol

what if there was some sort of promo for your album where one lucky fan who bought it got to come and chill with the artist for a day or some type of prize like that

IMO that would motivate the people who are checkin for you to check in stores not online

Oct 13, 2003
www.myspace.com
that actually is touching on a very good idea lol

what if there was some sort of promo for your album where one lucky fan who bought it got to come and chill with the artist for a day or some type of prize like that

IMO that would motivate the people who are checkin for you to check in stores not online
Indeed!...

You would have to be liked or known enough for someone to go through the lengths of cooperating with such an idea though.

No one would want to hang out with you without a catch.

If I put an album out with a golden ticket in it, I doubt anyone would want to hang out with me for a day, I'd even throw in a pack of sour skittles with the salt licked off by an import model. But that would still be pushing it.

You'd have to be famous.

Or have lots of bitches, and money, or lots of bitches covered in money.

Or a Nintendo Wii...

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
QUALITY & RESPECT....WE'LL SEE WHAT THOSE WORDS MEAN IN THE NEAR FUTURE...I'VE HAD HOMIES CALL ME & ASK ME IF I WANT THEM 2 WHACC BOOTLEGGERS 4 PUSHING MY SHIT....I JUST TELL THEM 2 TAKE THE CD'S BUT THAT'S NOT THE BUSINESS....I DON'T HATE ANY MAN 4 THEIR HUSTLE BUT WHEN YOU TAKE FROM OTHERS IN THE PROCESS....THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES...ALL IT TAKES IS A MOVEMENT & THEY WILL SLOW THEIR ROLL....I ACTUALLY HAVE AN ANTI-BOOTLEG STREET TEAM CUZ I NEED ALL MY DOE...LOL

Oct 13, 2003
www.myspace.com
QUALITY & RESPECT....WE'LL SEE WHAT THOSE WORDS MEAN IN THE NEAR FUTURE...I'VE HAD HOMIES CALL ME & ASK ME IF I WANT THEM 2 WHACC BOOTLEGGERS 4 PUSHING MY SHIT....I JUST TELL THEM 2 TAKE THE CD'S BUT THAT'S NOT THE BUSINESS....I DON'T HATE ANY MAN 4 THEIR HUSTLE BUT WHEN YOU TAKE FROM OTHERS IN THE PROCESS....THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES...ALL IT TAKES IS A MOVEMENT & THEY WILL SLOW THEIR ROLL....I ACTUALLY HAVE AN ANTI-BOOTLEG STREET TEAM CUZ I NEED ALL MY DOE...LOL
Damn, I'm never bootleggin' your shit again!...

Mar 1, 2007
"CLOVERFIELD" ur c.d...keep puttin out lil snippets of songs...like 30 sec to a minute long...not even full songs...n not even all the songs...maybe like 4 or 5 that go hard...shit maybe not even songs that will make it on ur album...that way wen ppl do wana hear the song n try bootlegin it they only get the 30 seconds of the song....keep the full versions in vault...n like a cpl months before ur cd drop...drop the single on that bitch...by the time ur cd drops ppl will have thought they heard 6 songs from the cd, wen relly they herd 30 sec previews of 4 songs n herd 1 full one...it will cr8 anticipation...n the buzz will gro by word of mouth...40 did it kinda...only he dropped half of his tracks with videos b4 his cd dropped...

Feb 13, 2006
Good music & good price...like rasputins b having sales sometimes 7.99, 9.99 for a cd. if its hot then Id rather pay a couple bucks more 4 the real thing. But if that cd is 15 & I can get it $5 outside in the parking lot. then im on bootleg.

Jan 6, 2009
thats whats up well im a rep for a rapper out of oakland name jonnash he just got a new deal and we were coming up with a new market plan to get this guy back out i mean he has being in and out of the states working on other peoples albums but when he came out in the bay he was into putting up posters every were you would go free music i mean everything we just didint no if people are still in to that kind of grind i mean he had little radio but still sold 2000 cd s thats all he pressed up check hiz old album the spokes man it came out in late 07